Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Mission and Rulers of Kaon Updates for 2/22

edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Commanders,

Since we recently made some balance adjustments to a good number of Bots in the game, we've seen some positive swings to their effectiveness and use, bringing both of these stats closer to being in line with the rest of the available Bots.

That being said, we may have made some of these bots a little TOO effective in places like Alliance Missions. So, effective with the round of Alliance Missions starting on 2/22/2018, we’re making some adjustments to some of the encounters on all 3 Maps.

Forgotten Realms Map:

Reduce Ultra Magnus' Signature Ability Level from 50 to 5

This Map is supposed to be an Alliance's first experience with Alliance Missions. Ultra Magnus does not need a large Attack Bonus here. A Signature Level of 5 will drop the attack bonus to 22.4%.

Shattered Lands

Reduce Ultra Magnus's Signature Ability from 100 to 15
Reduce Motormaster's Signature Ability from 50 to 25
Reduce Galvatron's Signature from 50 to 15

Again, Ultra Magnus's Signature is too strong here, so we're reducing it to bring it back to about 28.5% attack bonus. Galvatron’s power gain will drop from 22.2% to 12.9%. Reducing Motormaster's Signature here will also reduce his Bonus Attack per 20% lost health from 40.8% to 29.8%.

Ancient Sanctum
Reduce Ultra Magnus's Signature Ability from 100 to 25
Reduce Motormaster's Signature Ability from 50 to 25
Reduce Galvatron's Signature Ability from 50 to 25
Time of Day Shifted from Day to Night

Same as above. Ultra Magnus will be brought down from 80% to about a 34.% Attack Bonus, Galvatron’s power gain will drop from 22.2% to 15.6%,, and Motormaster’s attack bonus per 20% health lost will drop from 40.8% to 29.8%.

In addition, we're changing the time of day in the Map to help improve the readability of the lines against the sand ("lines against the sand" sounds like an album title for a 90s singer songwriter), and reduce occurrences of Commanders taking the wrong path.

Again, these will not take effect until February 22nd.

Rulers of Kaon
Reduce Ultra Magnus' Signature Ability from 100 to 5

This leaves him with the extra armor, but drops his attack bonus from 80% to 22.4%. He’s way too strong at signature 100 given the length of this fight. We'll let you know when this is updated.

Beyond the signature values changes, we’ll be taking a closer look at the functionality and values of Ultra Magnus himself. We also recognize that a lot of the Galvatron frustration is a combination of Energon Storm, his AI, and the proc rate of Will of Unicron. If there are changes coming to the Maps or to these Bots, they would take place with our next update arriving in the next couple of weeks and we’ll be sure to communicate them out as soon as possible. We’ll also be monitoring win rate data after these changes to live to look for other inconsistent results.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you for the update. Hopefully it’s enough.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Can you clarify motormaster sig level in map 3? I believe his sig lvl is currently lvl 50 as was indicated in this thread:

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/3201/alliance-mission-map-3-ancient-sanctum-update/p1

Are you now increasing it lvl 75?
  • Lapras wrote: »
    Can you clarify motormaster sig level in map 3? I believe his sig lvl is currently lvl 50 as was indicated in this thread:

http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/3201/alliance-mission-map-3-ancient-sanctum-update/p1

Are you now increasing it lvl 75?

You were right! Fixed that now. It was 50 and is now being reduced to 25. Our bad.
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    Thanks for the update Mike. This is big news, and a welcome relief to the players fighting galvatron and MM.

I think I speak for the entire community when I say “we are ready for a change of lane line-ups”. I can appreciate the fine-tuning, but I think we need fresh bots to fight in each lane. When can we expect this?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2018
    Bubian wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Mike. This is big news, and a welcome relief to the players fighting galvatron and MM.

I think I speak for the entire community when I say “we are ready for a change of lane line-ups”. I can appreciate the fine-tuning, but I think we need fresh bots to fight in each lane. When can we expect this?

They finally got it right and you want it changed???

Hahhaaaaaaa, figures
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Bubian wrote: »

Maybe entire part of the community who plays map3? No, please wait for us to grow stronger and hopefully, to have some more high level players joining from disbanded alliances, to be able to touch map3, then let's talk about changing.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Please increase the alliance size, if 1 player is absent, the alliance is basically screwed, it's unfair!
  • It's going to get worse during the summer when people leave on vacation or long holiday weekends. It will screw the whole team because one person can't have a phone in front of their face during their break.

Map 2 only goes so high.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    Yes.The biggest problem with the AM is Map3 and how it was designed.
    No matter if you push above your limit Map2 was fun,cause even if you die or are busy.There are players to back you up.

With Map3 requiring every member to do a path by himself from start to finish led to account sharing,cheating(cause for many it was too hard) and frustration which lead to many great players just having enough.

1.Splitting the Map into two.Half of your teammates in the BG are never to be seen till the final boss.
    Keep the hard nodes or create even harder,but let the whole BG(all paths) unite in front of the minibosses.
    Here will come the teamwork into place.

2.Now we basically have to have at least 2 boss killers in every BG or make this 4 out of 6 players(12 out of 18 peeps in the whole Alliance),cause there are 3 minibosses on each side.And at the higher difficilties even the best bosskillers can not handle all the minis by themselfes.
    Add some lanes have such hard modes,that every battle feels like a boss battle.

3.And Map3 having 6 paths in all sections means you have to have 18 amazing and equally skilled players doing their paths perfectly every day....

This is too much to ask and the bad design of the Map took the fun away.
    Nobobody is pushing high anymore,the top players,who are top spenders most of them,also get tired,bored and frustrated or all of that combined.
    And the poor rewards as well.

And we ended in this situation.

The Solutions:

1. Increase member cap to 21 or even better to 24 players in an Alliance.This way all Bgs will have 1 or 2 backups.
    2. Please bring the fun back by uniting the left and right side at the minibosses.Let us split again,create even harder minis...
    But please let us all unite in front of them,take them down as a team.And have fun again.
    Else Map3 feels like a very lonely place,where nobody wants to be in.
    3.Increase the Rank rewards outside top 3 by a lot and AM will be fun again.
  • Good efforts bois, we did it. And thank Kabam for the delivery.

Im going to reserve my judgement on these changes until I played them, hoping no other new bugs.
  • Thanks for changing the time of day. It was super hard for me to see the lines.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Thanks for changing the time of day. It was super hard for me to see the lines.

LOL
  • We also recognize that a lot of the Galvatron frustration is a combination of Energon Storm, his AI, and the proc rate of Will of Unicron. If there are changes coming to the Maps or to these Bots, they would take place with our next update arriving in the next couple of weeks and we’ll be sure to communicate them out as soon as possible. We’ll also be monitoring win rate data after these changes to live to look for other inconsistent results.

Promise me you won't nerf Galvatron too hard, he's been so much more fun to play after his buff. Kabam pls.