Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Broken Bot Battle Event - No AM Points

So this may have been brought up before but I was so annoyed I thought deserved a new thread even if it had.
The Bot Battle event displays under 'How to Get Points' -> 'Win an Arena Fight' and/or -> 'Complete an Alliance Mission at X Difficulty'.
I AM well but don't have much time for Arenas so thought this was a good way for the Alliance members to split their specialties during the event. Until I noticed that the Am'rs weren't getting Bot Battle points for the completed AMs.
I raised a ticket with Kabam in case there was a fault and got this reply:

"I do believe there may be some confusion on how the Bot Battle event awards points (specifically in regards to the Alliance Missions). For full clarity, only the player who defeats the Boss of an AM map will be awarded points for this event. The Arena fights work so everyone who fights a Bot gets points but it does differ in Alliance Missions."

Can I suggest this is maybe clearer in the instructions/point breakdown? And secondly ask that this point system be changed?
AM participation is bad enough without giving another reason to be selfish and work alone when Alliance events should be about encouraging teamwork and participation - not "whoever kills the Boss gets the Bot Battle points". And also why participate in AMs while this event is running as people could make more points running the Arena instead. In that case it is just identical having the Arena event.

IMO the whole reward structure needs a complete revamp as the rewards for honest grind are paltry at best - especially since now the majority player base is maturing and reaching near end game/level cap.

Peace, Love & Empathy
Rez

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    It doesnt matter who gets the points because everyone participating gets the rewards anyway.

And you can still use your AM bots in arena, so I don't understand why this is a problem except for bragging rights.
  • Rezident_WeevilRezident_Weevil Posts: 77
    edited March 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    It doesnt matter who gets the points because everyone participating gets the rewards anyway.

And you can still use your AM bots in arena, so I don't understand why this is a problem except for bragging rights.

Wow. You couldn't have misread my post more as you got the complete opposite of what I said.
    Although the AM points go towards the Bot Battle event it is only for the person who killed the boss - everyone else's contribution is ignored.
    And 'bragging rights' go to the person who killed the boss which is the complete antithesis of the team work required for AM's which is something we need to be encouraging. Yes the points go into the team pool for the event - but the instructions make it sound like everyone in the AM each gets the reward.
    We now have a team of carefully cultivated AM'rs that are now asking me "We'll, when that event is on, what is the point of doing AM's? I may as well just focus on arenas.. "
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Wow. You couldn't have misread my post more as you got the complete opposite of what I said.
    Although the AM points go towards the Bot Battle event it is only for the person who killed the boss - everyone else's contribution is ignored.
    And 'bragging rights' go to the person who killed the boss which is the complete antithesis of the team work required for AM's which is something we need to be encouraging. Yes the points go into the team pool for the event - but the instructions make it sound like everyone in the AM each gets the reward.
    We now have a team of carefully cultivated AM'rs that are now asking me "We'll, when that event is on, what is the point of doing AM's? I may as well just focus on arenas.. "

Everyone else's contribution is not ignored, that perspective makes no sense at all.

You need the whole team to get to and unlink the boss. Those points you get from AM would be unattainable otherwise.

The amount of points you get for defeating the boss is substantially greater than individual arena points. Everyone benefits in the bot battle event by playing AM. Who cares that one player gets the points.. it all goes into the same pool. Those rewards are not earned individually, they're earned by the points accumulated by the whole alliance.

Everyone IS getting the rewards for it, it's just represented on the tally by the player who defeated the boss, no big deal.

You think you'll score more points by not playing AM and only running arena? Go ahead... Not a chance, but good luck with that.

It's odd that alliance members do not want to play AM while this event is on. They want to score less points overall in bot battle, and forego the AM rank rewards and milestones? Just because one player gets the points instead of having them divided 18 ways?

That's just illogical. There is no need to give up one or the other.

Seriously, none of what you are saying makes any sense.

It's complaining for the sake of complaining.