Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Character Skins (Potential solution for different incarnations, TF: Prime, Movie-verse, etc)

2»

Comments

• Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Admit it or Not. Prime of MV1-MV3 is very different from AOE-TLK version in regard to design, abilities, booster, weapons, even there's a little change in personality too. So, these two Must have different slots.
    MV1-MV2 megs can be interskinned, but MV3? How will he throw ranged attacks.
    They are Also very different from TLK megs in regard to design, strength, abilities (+ fire), And personality..
    In short, Prime and megs pre-AOE and post-AOE are very different and require Different slot.
    However bee mv1-tlk and barricade mv1-tlk can be interskinned.

Okay, I’m going to assume you didn’t read the initial post that closely if you’re asking these questions.

I specifically outlined that animations would need to be altered due to different alt modes and different weapons.

Maybe there can be slight adjustments, bonuses to certain abilities, HP increases, or just a jump in PI depending on the skin you use.

You’re right, it’s not a perfect solution. But it’s a compromise. You’re dreaming if you think they are going to make 4 or 5 different versions of the same movie character.

Don't you think Bots from different universes say G1/G2 must not be interskinned, due to fact they are from DIFFERENT universe and might have slight change in personality and weapons.

G1 and G2 were not separate universes. It was a comic continuation, re-runs of G1, and a repainted toyline.
    So beast war character can be reskinned to transmetal look, they must have xtra ability to block power drain like cheetor and once they reskinned to techno-organic state they must loose the ability?

I agree. I think slightly changes in abilities would be a good idea.

And TF:Prime character are mostly different from their G1 and movie counterparts and you want to mix 'em up?.
    So you You think Prime Optimus will use G1 Optimus axe? AND prime StarScream don't have null ray like G1 StarScream, SoundWaves are different like water and fire. SHOCKWAVE isn't similiar either but can be reskinned.
    BELIEVE ME RESKINS ONLY WORK FOR DIFFERENT INCARNATIONS IN SAME UNIVERSE WITHIN SAME SHOW SERIES OR MOVIE SERIES.

This is the second time you brought this up, and it makes me think you didn’t actually read the first post in the thread, where I clearly outlined all that.
    I said animations would have to change based on different alt modes and different weaponry, etc.

No, I don’t think TF:Prime Optimus would use the CW version’s axe. Nor would I expect Prime Starscream to use a nullray. If slight changes to abilities come with the skin, that’s fine too.

They might not even have the license to use characters from Prime, Armada, Animated, etc etc. I’m just saying, if they do, it’s a potential way to go about allowing people to use the incarnation THEY want to use.

The best example I can give is the skin system that ‘Marvel Future Fight’ uses. All the comic, movie, or any alternative versions offer a slight boost in abilities, and the animations are changed to reflect the different weaponry or abilities. But they still remain the same class and in the same roster slot.
  • Options
    @KeyliiTheKid100 hey mate, it’s awesome that you’re posting your ideas in this thread, but maybe put multiple ideas in one post instead of posting a ton of one picture posts. :)
  • Options
    @SparkShredder Apologies, apparently I didn’t detail that there would have to be changes to weaponry animations (I just briefly touched on it with TLK Optimus). Obviously though, changes to weaponry is a given depending on which version of the character is being used.

I have brought this up in another thread, I guess I just got it mixed up with my post here.
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018
    @iuJacob Kabam might say.
    We understand opinions of everyone. Hence, we'll first add different characters to build up vast roaster. Only After there are many different characters, we'll proceed adding incarnations which are very different from each other
  • Options
    Darthdri03Darthdri03 Posts: 51
    8xu7wc4up87m.jpg

How about custom character crystals so you can make those characters off of their molds