Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Stupefy Masterie

Seems like the stun duration has been shortened since I updated. Did this masterie get adjusted?
Tagged:

Comments

• It was bugged before, but has been fixed now to actually work as it is described.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Sweet. Thanks for the quick response. :smile:
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    did rank 4 and 5 switch places or did you just shorten the 4th rank?
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    did rank 4 and 5 switch places or did you just shorten the 4th rank?

The issue was that the stun duration as the attacker and as the defender was switched. This is what the Mastery Description reads:

When your Bots inflict Stun, it lasts for [X] additional second(s). This amount is doubled when your Bots are controlled by AI on defense.

So when you were using your bot and inflicting a Stun, it was lasting longer than it was meant to be, and not as long when your Bots did it on Defense.
    ah i see, too bad i spent energon on it then. its useless now.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Can I get a refund of my cores? :p Bought it not knowing it was bugged just last week and now getting the stun duration time cut in half.
    edited March 2018
    same please. i bought all 5 levels then reverted to 4
    level 5 is too short to be of any significance.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    agreed. It's worthless now. Would also like my cores back.
    i would like the energon back since there's nothing for me with those type of cores. could invest in other masteries that require other cores.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Agree. It cost us all over 1k energon to reach & max Stupefy.
  • Sorry guys, but we just fixed a bugged Mastery that clearly states what the intended effect is. It's now performing exactly as it should have, and as it was advertised.
    or better yet, revert the fix and make the mastery good again.
    Sabugen wrote: »
    or better yet, revert the fix and make the mastery good again.

Exactly. I can't imagine anyone even bothering with this mastery after this.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Sorry guys, but we just fixed a bugged Mastery that clearly states what the intended effect is. It's now performing exactly as it should have, and as it was advertised.

I get the description was correct but some of us got this mastery because of hearing good things about it from the community. How were we suppose to know it was bugged? Through community testing, we knew if you got rank x, you could add in an extra heavy or combo, etc.

It’s kind of hard to know that the 0.8 secs added on was longer than it was suppose to be. The duration is fairly small that it’s not easy to tell by just feel. So going by the description, we don’t know what extra hits we could add in until someone tested it.

I used my Energon to buy the cores to unlock the mastery and that’s fine. I don’t expect a refund of my Energon but at least a refund of the cores. I hope @Kabam Miike you can see it from our side that we bought a product expecting one thing and now we are getting another. It would be a nice customer service gesture to refund the two tier 2 cores to get there and the 6-9 cores used on stupefy. It’s no loss to Kabam and a consolation for us to be able to use it on other masteries.

Sorry guys, but we just fixed a bugged Mastery that clearly states what the intended effect is. It's now performing exactly as it should have, and as it was advertised.

I agree Mike, that it does state what the intended effect is, but in all honesty, how are we supposed to know what the intended effect is when we're talking about a second or two? Unless you build in some kind of numerical timer along with the expiring circular buff/debuff timer, how are we supposed to know what we're getting?

Vydious even agreed in the bugged Hot Rod/Prowl post that determining if the mastery is acting properly is difficult to tell, so what are Kabam's expectations of the players in this case? When dealing with a second or 2 (or less) how are we supposed to accurately determine that it's performing exactly as intended before making our hard-earned purchase?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5518161

lol @JKL
    yea @Synthwave its not even a second or two, its a matter of tenth of a second. ive timed rank 4 and 5 repeatedly with a spotwatch, for me rank5 was shorter than advertised and rank4 was 0.1 seconds longer than rank5 was advertised. ive got constant stopwatch results, not much more can be done.
    still the point is that we all got stupefy because it gave us value and now it doesnt anymore.
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    yea @Synthwave its not even a second or two, its a matter of tenth of a second. ive timed rank 4 and 5 repeatedly with a spotwatch, for me rank5 was shorter than advertised and rank4 was 0.1 seconds longer than rank5 was advertised. ive got constant stopwatch results, not much more can be done.
    still the point is that we all got stupefy because it gave us value and now it doesnt anymore.

That's right, but that is the old version. Rank 1,3, and 5 were always correct. Ranks 2 and 4 were the only broken ones. We're having the team look into it again to be absolutely certain that this has been fixed, and not just something else funky going on.
    hope i dont get banned saying this but it seems far fetched the stun length was doubled. my stopwatch shouldnt be off by that much... just saying dont kill me ok mike
    edited March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIEilBCQGs&feature=youtu.be

every one can feel free to time it themselves, ironhide's native stun is 2.5 seconds long so should be added to that.
  • Yep, bought this mastery just last week for the sole purpose of getting an extra heavy on IH sp1 stun because I just took him to rank 5 and that's what it was doing before the update. You guys are driving people away from a game people loved just months ago. Hopefully you will see the light soon and make the changes needed to keep people around, which include treating your players fairly. A refund of our energon would be the least you could do.
    and remember, we would all likely prefer to just keep the mastery as it was before, giving us another stun. anything shorter than that just isnt doing anything ya?
    Sabugen wrote: »
    and remember, we would all likely prefer to just keep the mastery as it was before, giving us another stun. anything shorter than that just isnt doing anything ya?

Clearly the easiest solution; I hope they do it. It's the whole reason everyone jumped on the mastery in the first place. I'd even spend the extra cores to get it to level 5 if I knew it would give me a chance for IH to get a second heavy in off of a stun. As it stands now though it doesn't, so the whole mastery is now worthless.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    So to keep it short.
    You guys at Kabam have a bug.
    We did not know Rank4 was bugged,we thought it worked properly.Instead we thought Rank5 is bugged,cause it lasted shorter than Rank4.
    So we report it,you guys "fix" your mistake and now it is all working as intended?!

No apology from Kabam,no refund of the cores/energon used.
    A simple apology to us all for your mistake which we found and reported.And refund to all players in the game for the energon used to unlock the stupefy mastery.
    And a few revives or cores with an ingame email for all players,saying the game was not working as intended.Now it does.Sorry for our mistake,enjoy playing and here is a small gift from us.
    This would of been more than enough and we would of been satisfied.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    But instead you treat your customers badly.
    You lose a lot of real money,cause we are not taking this anymore and ask for a rightful refund from Apple and Google for your mistake.
    So instead of saying sorry and refund us with game currency,which will cost you nothing,but will make your players happy and they will continue to support your game/s by playing and also with ingame purchases.
    You guys at Kabam decide to treat us poorly again.
    You lose money,respect from the current players and the big companies,where your product is advertised.
    You lose more current players and the others will most likely not spend anymore,cause we are just not happy with your product.
    But most importantly how you treat us as customers.
    We are the ones paying the bill and actually not ask for much.
    Only to treat us good,apologise when you make mistakes and keep us happy,cause games are to be fun.
    And we will react with playing your game and start spending again.
    Simple as that.
    Cheers and have a good day everyone.
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    What I am about to say, I am sure is felt by a lot of Players in this Forum is Kabam You luck Transparency and Accountability! What happened to treating Your Paying Customers Right! Surely everyone who has posted on this particular Forum discussion has spent $$$ of our hard earned money to play an APP game we have grown to love. Your business mantra truly disappoints!
  • ANTONANTON Posts: 3
    how do i get a refund?
This discussion has been closed.