Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Thoughts on the 5* pool

KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
The 5* bot crystal pool was recently released, I’d like to see everyone’s thoughts on it, is it good or is it just terrible? I personally think it’s great!

Thoughts on the 5* pool 40 votes

It couldn’t be better!
12%
XhibitAxxSkidsxxDutch1980OptimusMv14141BotBoy909 5 votes
It’s great
20%
French_BakerNick_80DrShotgunKittenPrimedtorreskaterBumblebee254NinjaHunterXKitten 8 votes
It’s alright
27%
Yarah_DahileBigbowlrDeadSilenceGunz0BlogZmogisMallowmanRaptor22Black_ThoughtDarkMatrixStorysmithOptimalOptimus_MV1 11 votes
It’s meh
10%
seeker1321ToughBobnfloydVavatron 4 votes
It’s bad
2%
splendic 1 vote
It’s absolutely terrible!
10%
Striker80ValnerZangTactician_01 4 votes
It’s the sole reason why I am eternally saddened
0%
Pff 5*s? I’m never going to get one!
5%
RemmieBatmus_Prime 2 votes
Where’s that manthrou?
12%
ManthroJoker69DaveJLIKCAPREDATORLast_Frontier 5 votes

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It’s alright
    Starscream ruined the 5* pool
  • Where’s that manthrou?
    Not thrilled about starscream, REALLY not happy to see waspinator in there. Otherwise it's alright.
    It’s alright
    I actually want Waspinator for my BW raid team, even if he isn't that great, he can still deal impressive damage at low heath
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    It’s great
    I’d love to get 5* starscream, yes he’s not my play style at all but he has synergies with megatron, shockwave and most of my team, waspinator I’m not too thrilled about him either but he’s certainly not the worst
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    Where’s that manthrou?
    I like the initial release.

While everyone dislikes wasp, he is actually quite good once you get used to him... And, there is full beast synergy available in the first wave of 5* bots. That's a big deal. Yes, you could always combine 5* and 4* bots for the synergy anyway but it is nice to be able to build it all with 5* bots.

Primal, Shockwave Prowl and Barricade are the gems of the bunch, imo. I am very surprised Primal is being made available on the first wave.

both warriors are solid bots. Glad they didn't cheap out and put bludgeon on the first release.

UM and Scream will be absolute terrors as 5* bots if duped.

The demo bots are fairly vanilla, but they both have strong synergies available and will play nicely with player's larger 4* rosters... I believe this was the intent.

I like where the dev team made their choices. Maybe Grindor being the oddball of the bunch, but on the other hand....he is gonna be a total monster as a 5*. His base stats are crazy.
    It’s great
    Manthro wrote: »

While everyone dislikes wasp, he is actually quite good once you get used to him... And, there is full beast synergy available in the first wave of 5* bots. That's a big deal. Yes, you could always combine 5* and 4* bots for the synergy anyway but it is nice to be able to build it all with 5* bots.

Primal, Shockwave Prowl and Barricade are the gems of the bunch, imo. I am very surprised Primal is being made available on the first wave.

both warriors are solid bots. Glad they didn't cheap out and put bludgeon on the first release.

The demo bots are fairly vanilla, but they both have strong synergies available and will play nicely with player's larger 4* rosters... I believe this was the intent.

I like where the dev team made their choices. Maybe Grindor being the oddball of the bunch, but on the other hand....he is gonna be a total monster as a 5*. His base stats are crazy.

They did take their time to plan it, with the BW, Movie cons, and UM centred trios and also shockwave and starscream having synergy. I prefer demo megatron out of all of them, shockwave and drift as a close 2nd and 3rd.
  • Don’t matter to me. There’s bots that could help almost any team on that list and more will come
    edited April 2018
    It’s alright
    Now I’m waiting for 6*s
    It’s great
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Now I’m waiting for 6*s

I’m furious man why have Kabaam not added 6*s!! Outrageous smh
  • Where’s that manthrou?
    What the heck we fee users can't even 4*bot ???
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Where’s that manthrou?

Getting a 4* bot is much easier once you get your first 4*, since you can forge into it for shards... However...

If you're a free user and you haven't been able to get yourself a 4* bot because of bad luck the system is changing anyway.

You'll be able to get yourself a 4* bot in no time once the update hits. Every time you open a 3* bot you will get 4* shards.
    It’s great

Getting a 4* bot is much easier once you get your first 4*, since you can forge into it for shards... However...

If you're a free user and you haven't been able to get yourself a 4* bot because of bad luck the system is changing anyway.

You'll be able to get yourself a 4* bot in no time once the update hits. Every time you open a 3* bot you will get 4* shards.

Don’t forge until your 4* is r3/4, you’ll want to keep your high ranked 3*s for cb arena, soon you’ll get even MOAR 4* shards!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

I love wasp
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Where’s that manthrou?
    disappointed not to see Mixmaster on the list.
    1) because I like him
    2) it is funny when people who don't like him pull him
    It’s great
    DaveJL wrote: »
    1) because I like him

Inqosly
    Where’s that manthrou?
    1) because I like him

Inqosly

mixdaddyyyyy

I commented on one of his videos about why Mix is good and someone agreed with me
    It’s great
    1) because I like him

Inqosly

mixdaddyyyyy

I commented on one of his videos about why Mix is good and someone agreed with me

Mixmaster is good if you know how to use him and willing to put up a playstyle around him, however most people just like better demolitions bots so they don’t center around mixmaster = they don’t use him and can’t find out the pros around him but the truth is: there is better demolitions then mixmaster
    Where’s that manthrou?
    1) because I like him

Inqosly

mixdaddyyyyy

Mixmaster is good if you know how to use him and willing to put up a playstyle around him, however most people just like better demolitions bots so they don’t center around mixmaster = they don’t use him and can’t find out the pros around him but the truth is: there is better demolitions then mixmaster

Yeah - Galvatron is better and so is Ramjet. Waspinator and Mixmaster next, then MV Mega, then the demo Shark duped, then demo shark unduped, then Ironhide.
  • Striker80Striker80 Posts: 14
    It’s absolutely terrible!
    Way too soon
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Ironhide LAST, seriously??? I guess you don't know how to use him properly if you put him DEAD LAST. Thanks to him I've won fights I probably had no business winning.
    It’s great
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Ironhide LAST, seriously??? I guess you don't know how to use him properly if you put him DEAD LAST. Thanks to him I've won fights I probably had no business winning.

Even I despise Ironhide but definitly not last!
    Where’s that manthrou?
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

or maybe you just don't know how to use the non duped sharkticon...

reel them in!

nah, Ironhide is better than the non dupe shark, I will concede that. Probably about equal with MV1 Mega, as the two bottom non sharkticon Demo bots.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Pff 5*s? I’m never going to get one!
    Wasp is the bees knees >_>

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited April 2018
    1) because I like him

Inqosly

mixdaddyyyyy

Yeah - Galvatron is better and so is Ramjet. Waspinator and Mixmaster next, then MV Mega, then the demo Shark duped, then demo shark unduped, then Ironhide.

I like both galv and ramjet. Ramjet is quite good when pairing with MM. Ironhide still good without signature awaken.