Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When can we expect some sort of improvement towards Hound?

At this point. I'm sure the people at Kabam knows Hound is less than average compared to the rest of the warriors. Don't take my word for it. The majority of the community would agree as well. Some will defend Hound, no doubt. Saying you just need to know how to utilize him or somewhere along the lines. But no. Even when you use him the way he is intended to be used, your opponent would be long offline by then if you use any other warrior. So, my question is, with Kabam knowing he's not good. When can we expect some improvements made towards Hound? I would love to pair him with MV1 and Ironhide. He's meant be to apart of this group of bots. But the way he is now. Drift would be the best choice.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    lol are you assuming you are using him the correct way or do you know? Hound has some serious power, doesn't need any changes at all
  • VectorSierraİXVectorSierraİX Posts: 39
    edited April 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »
    lol are you assuming you are using him the correct way or do you know? Hound has some serious power, doesn't need any changes at all

*In your opinion. I'm just voicing my thoughts out. It's entirely up to Kabam whether he actually needs an improvement or not. This thread and any other threads are just there for the Kabam staff to see. Nothing more. So be civilised and show some respect at times, will you? Thank you.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

*In your opinion. I'm just voicing my thoughts out. It's entirely up to Kabam whether he actually needs an improvement or not. This thread and any other threads are just there for the Kabam staff to see. Nothing more. So be civilised and show some respect at times, will you? Thank you.

57tbu4kmns99.gif

lmao shut up you crank. I'm voicing my thoughts out as well, and my thoughts are that you have no idea how to use Hound and he is absolutely fine as he is
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of a buff, but overall I've learned to use him. You just need to have a really strong ranged game. He's strictly a range and synergy bot.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

So.. people can only voice their thoughts if they align with yours, otherwise they flagged? Lol.

Hound is fine. Learn to fight behind different playstyles. Not all bots are meant to be used in the traditional "pew-pew-dash in combo" cookie cutter routine.
  • VectorSierraİXVectorSierraİX Posts: 39
    edited April 2018

lmao shut up you crank. I'm voicing my thoughts out as well, and my thoughts are that you have no idea how to use Hound and he is absolutely fine as he is

That is ultimately for Kabam to decide. Not you. Learn to actually use proper English from time to time, with professionalism and respect. And from what I've seen. You have neither. Which implies the same behaviour in real life, towards the people you know. But I won't go into that any further. If you think Hound is fine, that's great. At least you'll be playing an absolutely average character while the rest of us who agress on him being underpowered knows what's best for ourselves. If you're so keen on Hound or Mixmaster. Please share a screenshot of you leveling up both to R5. Do it now so I'll believe your statement. I'll be waiting for your reply as well as your evidence of any kind. There are simply better options out there. I'm sure you'll agree on that. Case closed. Full stop.
    Manthro wrote: »

So.. people can only voice their thoughts if they align with yours, otherwise they flagged? Lol.

Hound is fine. Learn to fight behind different playstyles. Not all bots are meant to be used in the traditional "pew-pew-dash in combo" cookie cutter routine.

I’m with you, all bots have their uses, even hound even though he’s on the bottom of my list due to my vastly different playstyle

That is ultimately for Kabam to decide. Not you. Learn to actually use proper English from time to time, with professionalism and respect. And from what I've seen. You have neither. Which implies the same behaviour in real life, towards the people you know. But I won't go into that any further. If you think Hound is fine, that's great. At least you'll be playing an absolutely average character while the rest of us who agress on him being underpowered knows what's best for ourselves. If you're so keen on Hound or Mixmaster. Please share a screenshot of you leveling up both to R5. Do it now so I'll believe your statement. I'll be waiting for your reply as well as your evidence of any kind.

Did you just tell me to use proper English?

I agree, it is for Kabam to decide, so why is your opinion any better than mine? You say he needs changing, I say he doesn't. I say you probably don't know how to use him, because you probably don't have a good fighting strategy with him.

You sound like some sort of self righteous, high and mighty idiot who gets butthurt when people disagree. That probably reflects on how you behave in real life, but I wont go any further in to that...
  • DaveJL wrote: »

That is ultimately for Kabam to decide. Not you. Learn to actually use proper English from time to time, with professionalism and respect. And from what I've seen. You have neither. Which implies the same behaviour in real life, towards the people you know. But I won't go into that any further. If you think Hound is fine, that's great. At least you'll be playing an absolutely average character while the rest of us who agress on him being underpowered knows what's best for ourselves. If you're so keen on Hound or Mixmaster. Please share a screenshot of you leveling up both to R5. Do it now so I'll believe your statement. I'll be waiting for your reply as well as your evidence of any kind.

I agree, it is for Kabam to decide, so why is your opinion any better than mine? You say he needs changing, I say he doesn't. I say you probably don't know how to use him, because you probably don't have a good fighting strategy with him.

You sound like some sort of self righteous, high and mighty idiot who gets butthurt when people disagree. That probably reflects on how you behave in real life, but I wont go any further in to that...

Like what I said to KittenPrime in another thread. You do you regardless of what I'm saying. So there's absolutely no point in furthering this 'talk' of ours. But I would still like to see your R5 Hound and R5 Mixmaster. If he's a really good character. Why hasn't anyone mentioned Hound being a good character? In fact. Let me create a poll on which is the worst warriors. There won't be too many votes. But just enough to conclude what the majority of the community is saying about this character. That should conclude our argument.

Like what I said to KittenPrime in another thread. You do you regardless of what I'm saying. So there's absolutely no point in furthering this 'talk' of ours. But I would still like to see your R5 Hound and R5 Mixmaster. If he's a really good character. Why hasn't anyone mentioned Hound being a good character? In fact. Let me create a poll on which is the worst warriors. There won't be too many votes. But just enough to conclude what the majority of the community is saying about this character. That should conclude our argument.

The fact that there are better warriors does not make Hound a bad bot. Nor does the fact that many think he is bad make him bad. His play style varies hugely from the majority of bots available. You can't just fire two shots and attack. Nor can you just fight at range. He relies on setting up - he plays like a demo bot.

Manthro likes him anyway, so that is at least one person.
    He’s a serious sid and he doesn’t like when others have different opinions to him lol, ignore the sod
  • He’s a serious sid and he doesn’t like when others have different opinions to him lol, ignore the sod

Then why are you still here? I've seen your YouTube channel, kid. I'm not impressed. But thanks for letting me know about your own opinions about me. At least I know.
    He’s a serious sid and he doesn’t like when others have different opinions to him lol, ignore the sod

Then why are you still here? I've seen your YouTube channel, kid. I'm not impressed. But thanks for letting me know about your own opinions about me. At least I know.

I love how you try to be condescending and stuff, when you're probably the biggest noobie going. What's your IGN? I'm interested.

I love how you try to be condescending and stuff, when you're probably the biggest noobie going. What's your IGN? I'm interested.

He’s in the below average zone with just one R3, never know maybe he just joined last week and already has R3, but then again they’re giving T3 basics for free pretty much nowadays haha
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Manthro wrote: »

I like hound...nobody else does tho
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Dude he did nothing wrong 2 u!
  • I can rest my case now, gentlemen. The poll has proven most useful and it has concluded our argument. By the number of votes exceeding any other warrior is definitely Hound. This is the argument, the point I've made in the very beginning of creating this thread. The YouTuber that is well known by the community, iNightSkies, also stated that Hound is the absolute worst warrior right now. And he's been here ever since beta! I've been here ever since beta, following him, the game but only officially joined in February of this year. If you still can't take my word for it DaveJL, take KittenPrime's word for it. He has said Hound is the worst. Inquosly has said Hound is the worst. The people in my alliance said Hound is less than average. The community poll is showing you proof! Seriously. How many more pointers do I need to give you? You can still stubbornly hold onto your opinion as long as you want. But there's no denying the fact that Hound is just not a good, preferred option to choose when there's clearly better ones out there. Who in their right minds would spend precious resources on R5 Hound? Or even R5 MIXMASTER? Even my demolition poll shows he's the worst among them! Clearly he needs to be looked at, at the very least. Look what happened to Shockwave. He was so underpowered the first time he was released. The same state as Hound is now. But when Shockwave got his massive improvements. He's honestly god tier now. So. With that all said and done. I am done arguing. I've made my point, and subsequently the community as well.

Show me your R5 Hound and R5 Mixmaster, DaveJL.
    Why would I rank 5 them? They don't fit with my team. That doesn't make them bad. Lets say they buff Hound then, what after? One of the bots has to be the overall least preferred but that does not make them bad. You can't just keep calling for endless buffs to the least favoured bot. Before the update, I liked Shockwave, used him a lot, but felt he lacked a little something, but overall he was ok. Now I would say he is the best bot in the game. I took him to rank 5 immediately and he gets me through AM and got me through ROK along with CW Megatron. He wasn't bad before though, just not as preferable as some.

Seriously, just because people say something, it doesn't make it true. Both my Hound and Mixmaster are at rank 2 and I manage with them just fine - I don't find them harder to use or less powerful than the majority of my other bots. I have Primal and Mirage at rank 2 as well, and they are arguably amazing bots, they just don't fit with the teams I am building. Does that mean I just play different and my play style works better with them? Probably. I hate Ironhide, everyone else loves him. Doesn't make him bad, just IMO he is the worst Demo bot.

Seriously, Hound doesn't need a buff. Just try and apply a burn debuff then play melee - watch the crit damage rise. Think of him as a tank who can deal burst damage, a bit like Bludgeon.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Widow wrote: »
    Unless your hound is sig 20 or better.... you won’t see his potential. And no one has seemed to realize that his sig makes his evasion faster. Which actually allows you to evade two ranged shots from a range speed increase buff and counter immediately, with no way for your opponent to defend themselves. He’s not meant to be a high base damage bot either. He’s specifically taylored around debuff damage. Max deep wounds and hit em with an sp2 after you heavy. Wheeeeewwweeee watch the bar melt. He’s not easy to use. And he’s not practical for every single fight, but he’s very useful in certain circumstances.... and circumstantial bots prove to be extremely useful over time......

If you have to max a specific mastery just to make a bot useful then he isn't really that good is he?
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Unless your hound is sig 20 or better.... you won’t see his potential. And no one has seemed to realize that his sig makes his evasion faster. Which actually allows you to evade two ranged shots from a range speed increase buff and counter immediately, with no way for your opponent to defend themselves. He’s not meant to be a high base damage bot either. He’s specifically taylored around debuff damage. Max deep wounds and hit em with an sp2 after you heavy. Wheeeeewwweeee watch the bar melt. He’s not easy to use. And he’s not practical for every single fight, but he’s very useful in certain circumstances.... and circumstantial bots prove to be extremely useful over time......

If you have to max a specific mastery just to make a bot useful then he isn't really that good is he?

nah you're right mate, it's not like windblade, bonecrusher, drift, arcee, CW prime, rhinox, bludgeon and MV1 don't benefit from maxed deep wounds as well, so yeah it's probably a rubbish idea.
  • Just a reminder to be friendly and courteous to your peers., gang. You may disagree here or there, but remember to respect everyone's thoughts and opinions.
    Just a reminder to be friendly and courteous to your peers., gang. You may disagree here or there, but remember to respect everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Aye aye captain :sunglasses::sunglasses:. We ain’t here to be enemies or to have a brawl we here to have fun and talk Transformers, sometimes you’ll lose yourself but remember this is ~alliance mission~ a forum not global chat :lol:

nah you're right mate, it's not like windblade, bonecrusher, drift, arcee, CW prime, rhinox, bludgeon and MV1 don't benefit from maxed deep wounds as well, so yeah it's probably a rubbish idea.

Fair point but I think the bots you listed can be very effective without "Deep Wounds" and the person I replied to seemed to have been implying to max Deep Wounds just for Hound. And quite frankly, of the bots you listed, I use only Bludgeon as one of my main mission bots.

I would have used G1 Prime more often but unfortunately the crystal gods have chosen not to gift me a G1 Prime above the 2* level. And with the way my roster and the game are evolving with 4* I probably wouldn't have much use for a 3* Prime anymore anyways.

Fair point but I think the bots you listed can be very effective without "Deep Wounds" and the person I replied to seemed to have been implying to max Deep Wounds just for Hound. And quite frankly, of the bots you listed, I use only Bludgeon as one of my main mission bots.

I would have used G1 Prime more often but unfortunately the crystal gods have chosen not to gift me a G1 Prime above the 2* level. And with the way my roster and the game are evolving with 4* I probably wouldn't have much use for a 3* Prime anymore anyways.

That's fair comment. I think Widow was meaning more Hound can be incorporated in to a Bleed team to be awesome (synergy with Drift is money). I think it is really difficult to judge any bot on a stand alone situation, as usually you play them in 3's and 5's

No bro I’ve had deep wounds maxed since way before bound was released. I would suggest everyone unlock that mastery if they can because of how many bots it benefits. I was merely sharing my knowledge of the bot and how to maximize his potential. I’m not arguing with anyone. You don’t have to like a bot just because I do or visa versa. I’m simply stating that some bots that are released will take a little creative thinking to maximize potential. You have to completely change your approach to a fight depending on the bot your using. There’s no “one size fits all” fighting style on this game, which is awesome IMO.

Okay. Dinobot and Bludgeon are two of my main bots so it's not like Deep Wounds wouldn't help me but I tend to prefer Masteries that help all my bots.

Absolutely, sometimes you have to change approach based on the bot you are using and sometimes you have to change approach based on the bot you are facing.

• Red_Eyes wrote: »

No bro I’ve had deep wounds maxed since way before bound was released. I would suggest everyone unlock that mastery if they can because of how many bots it benefits. I was merely sharing my knowledge of the bot and how to maximize his potential. I’m not arguing with anyone. You don’t have to like a bot just because I do or visa versa. I’m simply stating that some bots that are released will take a little creative thinking to maximize potential. You have to completely change your approach to a fight depending on the bot your using. There’s no “one size fits all” fighting style on this game, which is awesome IMO.

Okay. Dinobot and Bludgeon are two of my main bots so it's not like Deep Wounds wouldn't help me but I tend to prefer Masteries that help all my bots.

Absolutely, sometimes you have to change approach based on the bot you are using and sometimes you have to change approach based on the bot you are facing.

Wise words, Red_Eyes. Wise words. Don't get me wrong. I really, really do want to like Hound. I really do simply because of his synergies. So much so in fact I would integrate him into my main team alongside MV1 and Ironhide. Have Hound as my main warrior for the team instead of Drift or Bonecrusher. But like I said. Purely for his synergies. He could spice up the gameplay from time to time if I choose to use him in battle but rarely. Any sort of improvement, even if it's just a slight damage boost towards his status effects would be a welcome addition. We can agree Kabam has done quite an impressive job so far balancing this game's characters when compared to MCOC. I'm sure a little boost towards Hound wouldn't be the end of the world.