Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot vs bot need opinions

I used to think it was kinda pointless to ask the community of what bot to upgrade but I'm actually legitimately stuck for once. I have 2 T2 Alphas and 2 classes in rank 3 on my candidate list. I'm stuck between four bots. Two against another of their own class. I'm curious to see if I can gather any opinions on the matter as I still have plenty of time till the next spotlight hits.

To start I short listed the team I have fixed and don't plan to move off my main five.
Locked in bots:
Shockwave R4 (Power master)
Bludgeon R4 (Melee bot of choice)
Megatron G1 R4 (Boss destroyer)

Considering Motormaster

These are the guys I'm stuck on to make rank 4 and locked into the last two slots. All rank 3 and not yet duplicated.

Windblade vs Kickback

Galvatron vs Ramjet

Windblade:
Pros: Easy to handle fighting style. High damage. Great synergy with Bludgeon, and Ramjet if on the team. Fave Autobot
Cons: Aggressive style runs the risk of enemy specials. Not Decepticon (Love Decepticons)

Kickback:
Pros: Energy controller when Shockwave is disadvantaged. well rounded. Prevents S3 attacks well. Synergy with Bludegeon and Ramjet.
Cons: Not currently great at using. lacks damage for a Scout class.

Galvatron:
Pros: Very powerful when used right. Heavy hitter. Patient enough to coax out specials.
Cons: Only synergies to Shockwave. Hard to use.

Ramjet:
Pros: Monstrous stun locker. Great synergy range. Physical heavy attack (Most others shoot)
Cons: Aggressive and risks get hit by specials. Struggles if key strategy fails.

What do you guys think of these and your personal opinion of who would better fit their role in the team I run? Obviously my choice isn't solely based on public opinion, but I'm in search of ideas and perspectives I may be missing. My main build style is for Expert spotlight since that's my current challenge tier. Not touching Legends of Cybertron missions.

I also VERY recently got Soundwave which I thought was somehow absent from my version for some reason. I know he's the hit and run bot, but I'm open to some combat strategies with him. Comparing him has been hard since he's up against Shockwave in comparison which is my strongest by a long shot. I think he'll be my next rank 4 after these first two. I want a full team first and then start getting everyone on the same page.

Comments

• Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Such a struggle! Despite my not having very good bots, my best advice is for you to upgrade the bot which gives you the most tactical advantage. If that's no help, you should test it out in an arena. Take your bot against another bot who either has a higher rating or has a class advantage. If you win with that bot, upgrade it. If eventhat isn't any help, then I'm out of ideas. Hope it helps!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    So.... If you go with Kickback you need to also rank RamJet for the synergy...

Unless you already have Motormaster (same synergy with KB), which would then allow you to rank Galvatron (who is ultimately the better demo bot), who also has a very good synergy with shockwave along with your already ranked Megatron.

Overall I think KB has more utility and you have bot synergies available to make him incredible, unless you are planning on creating a swordmaster squad to go with WB. KB has way more pros than you listed... Heals, consumes power and shock debuffs, T-Clog is amazing.... He does very good damage as well.

I personally would rank KB, Motor and Galvatron, with Galv being more of an afterthought.

If you don't have the resources, then go with KB and RJ.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I had recently been debating myself with Galvatron (versus Megatron and Barricade) as far as R3.

As Manthro mentioned Galvatron does have synergy with Megatron, Megatron gives an attack buff to all Decepticons, but versus Autobots only.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Manthro

Think I probably am leaning to Kickback and Ramjet. The well rounded mention was in response to his abilites, as he is good for doing a little bit of everything. I do have Motormaster as one of my allaince mission bots with Optimus and Soundwave.

Probably gonna give those two a go. Thanks to the new update, I'm sure I'll be getting the others in pretty soon. What makes Galvatron hard for me is that he behaves like Shockwave, preferring ranged combat. I often choose Shockwave for tacticians away since they are surprisingly trigger happy, especially Starscream. Ramjet is very different from my other bots, giving him more use above just class advantage. Kinda hate to strip Shockwave of that synergy but a lot more synergies run through the other bots as a result.
  • My opinion is the only thing worth getting stuck on is windblade and galvatron bring number 1 or 2 bot in game. Against each other. And you are already using a swordmaster psrtner, so... super easy conundrum there.
  • I would choose galvatron over ramjet all day long. He may have a big ranged advantage, but I've beat down plenty of tactician/EMI mod combos while raiding. His melee combos are nothing to sneeze at.

I can't help you on the scouts, both are equally awesome in their own way. WB will make bludgeon a beast, while KB has some incredible utility.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Windblade for bludgeon, Ramjet for Windblade beast team you’ll have
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Kickback beans windblade ramjet beats galvatron
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Windblade for bludgeon, Ramjet for Windblade beast team you’ll have

Yes. This one is legit
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Personally, Windblade has helped me in all my spotlight missions - even in master tier, her bleed damage output and stun potential is something that can't ignored. Her heavy is also very useful in dodging all range attacks, and her synergy with bludgeon is just great. That being said, you need be very good at avoiding getting hit and she is generally weaker as are all other scout class bots.

KB on the other hand, his usefulness comes with the utility he brings with power control and that's especially powerful in master tier where special 3 is unlocked. Moreover, a fully stacked KB can heal a good chunk - especially with RJ and MTM synergies.

It really does come down to preference and choice, but since I like to dish out constant damage I'd go with WB.