Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Poor graphics on all Android devices?

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any Android device which does not have the poor visuals (no lightning, reflections etc.)? I had an Iphone 6 and the game was running very smoothly and with good graphics. Now I have a Samsung flagship model with performance on par with the Iphone, yet it looks much worse, and I feel like the frame rate is worse as well. So my two questions are, will Android devices see an improvement in performance, and is there any Android device (phone/tablet) which has similar graphics to the Ios counterpart. Surely the components inside the Iphones are not that much better.

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Nope, all Android devices make the game look the same; the same being the poor, neglected stepchild of Kabam, who instead showers all their love on the favored child, Apple, lol.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    You don't want the graphics detail increased on Android, the chips wouldn't be able to handle it
  • ladysman_417ladysman_417 Posts: 139
    edited April 2018
    Kablams favorite isn't Apple or Android, but pixel. Best of Both Worlds long battery life of the Android and the graphics of the iPhone.
    Kablams favorite isn't Apple or Android, but pixel. Best of Both Worlds long battery life of the Android and the graphics of the iPhone.

They stopped making the Pixel C tablet at the end of last year. Are they still selling their phones? And do the graphics really look like the iPhone ones?
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    Actually, on my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet it runs iPhone style with all the visual bells and whistles. Maybe it's a tablet thing, but what I do know is that there's no reason whatsoever why a tablet released 3 years ago would outperform my Note 8. Just give us graphics sliders Kabam, it's been requested for long enough.
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    So what is it that decides what graphics we will get in the game with our devices? Amount of RAM, device resolution, or simply the device name? I've tried playing the game on Android devices with better stats than the Iphones, yet the graphics look like crap.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Kabam appears to whitelist certain models. I.e. the samsung s7 and s8 using snapdragon look close to iOS, however people using other phones that have the same chipset have reported they have bad graphics.

The s9 and probably any other phone with the latest snapdragon have junk graphics. Very annoying to go from a s7 or s9 and get a graphics downgrade.

The s9+(and probably s9) also suffers from that "low memory" texture bug.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah my Moto Z2 has the same processing as a comparable iPhone but the graphics are nowhere near the same league
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    I don't know what you folks are talking about, the game looks and runs perfect on my Android (Pixel 2XL).

That "low memory" texture bug has nothing to do with A: low memory or B: Android/iOS as it is cross platform and happening to high end devices.
    So what Android devices do we know of then that get the graphics upgrade? I for one am tired of watching all my alliance mates using Apple post their videos showing the fancy-schmancy, high-falutin' graphics. I have zero interest in getting an iPhone or iPad, but I'd definitely consider getting a new android device if I knew it ran the same graphics as the Apple version.
    Agreed, also tired of that. Don't understand why they just won't let us select what graphics we want to have. I can assure you that the graphics on my S7 are nowhere near the graphics I had with the Iphone 6...
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    I've been using an LG G5 since the game launched last year. Never had a complaint about graphics and still do not. Game has looked like it does in the screenshot for me since I started. Is it iOS level of detail? No idea since I haven't played on an iOS device but I know I get a good looking experience on my android phone.

mkc9ql4s0rg6.png
    edited April 2018
    1dv6gtdpzv9o.png

I would also like to see these iPhone screenshots that put the Androids graphics to utter shame because I have seen nothing wrong with the game graphics on any Android phone that I have owned since I've been playing.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S9 & the color of all the bots changed to black. d7fs2gfkmqt9.jpg
    edited April 2018
    Jay32 wrote: »
    I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S9 & the color of all the bots changed to black.

Yeah that looks pretty bad.

Same bot with the Pixel 2XL:

olh4jkwv19pe.png

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    edited April 2018
    iPhone 6s graphics
    4xath4n0tv1d.jpeg
    eewk67lym9lp.png
    1jzgzslc2b52.png
    lpggxsqc77o7.png
    cpfzn66tzjms.png
    xz0zji0l0wx9.png
    debufbobccdh.png
    z55v8crmu952.png
    4v8x9qqha798.png
    blpfx0rsp138.png
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited April 2018
    361h2uuq84c3.png

Again, my LG G5.
    So no big difference except for the Samsung phones which clearly have issues. Thanks for the iSuck screen shots @KittenPrime , never been a fan of Apple myself ;)

I think saying "ALL Androids" is a little bit of an overdramatic statement based on these posts. Clearly not all Androids have poor graphics.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited April 2018
    XhibitA wrote: »
    So no big difference except for the Samsung phones which clearly have issues. Thanks for the iSuck screen shots @KittenPrime , never been a fan of Apple myself ;)

I think saying "ALL Androids" is a little bit of an overdramatic statement based on these posts. Clearly not all Androids have poor graphics.

Perhaps ALL Androids is overdramatic now that there's some more context, but there's still clearly no correlation between the processing/graphics capabilities of the device and the quality of visuals that are being outputted by the game. If you've got one of the highest performance phones on the market but you're still getting potato graphics compared to iOS, it's only reasonable to assume that people with similar or lower performance phones will be experiencing the same issue, and is thus a universal issue across the android platform.
  • Android fools customers with big processors and poor graphics. Big memory but still crashyy . Dual sims but still no signal. Sorry but its true many times.
    Android fools customers with big processors and poor graphics. Big memory but still crashyy . Dual sims but still no signal. Sorry but its true many times.

It's much easier to optimize a game for one Ios device per year than for hundreds of Android devices every year. Just saying.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Qliver wrote: »
    Android fools customers with big processors and poor graphics. Big memory but still crashyy . Dual sims but still no signal. Sorry but its true many times.

It's much easier to optimize a game for one Ios device per year than for hundreds of Android devices every year. Just saying.

That’s why iPhones better. With iPhone you just got the official Apple phones but android is all btech cheap phones too many of them
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Apple has a deal with ARM, so they get the chips specs 6 months before any other chip manufacturers, and then are able to redesign it specifically for their hardware.

https://browser.geekbench.com/ios-benchmarks
    https://browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks

As you can see, Apple's chips blow any android chips straight out of the water. The 6s (Fall 2015) has a better single-core benchmark than any android chip on the market in 2018.

In multi-core, there isn't as big of a gap, but gaming is generally single-core.

That being said, androids usually have more RAM and their good multi-core performance means for a somewhat better multi-tasking experience.
  • BobdolleBobdolle Posts: 34
    Can we get a response from kabam or a mod for this?
    As someone who will soon be looking for a new phone, I'd definitely like to know if there are, in fact, any Android devices (phones or tablets) that are confirmed to have iPhone-level graphics.
  • DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    I use a Samsung s7 edge for my phone and an iPad when I'm at home and to be honest I enjoy the lack of random crap flying around the arena on my phone. To me as long as the game is running smooth having a bunch of stuff laying around the arena is just a distraction.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    As someone who will soon be looking for a new phone, I'd definitely like to know if there are, in fact, any Android devices (phones or tablets) that are confirmed to have iPhone-level graphics.

There are plenty Android phones already listed here that have identicle graphics for TFTF if not better. My Pixel 2XL is one of them.
    @XhibitA , can you shoot some video to post here? I'd be curious to see how it looks.

Thanks!
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Snapdragon S7 edge example, looks pretty similar to kitten's iOS screenshots to me. I'd be interested if someone could point out major differences.
    wiy918eu70if.png

https://youtu.be/4Unpc9L7s4Y
    Synthwave wrote: »
    @XhibitA , can you shoot some video to post here? I'd be curious to see how it looks.

Thanks!

Will do later today.