Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Dinobot SP1 not chaining after combo

Hi, basically there’s a bug now where after a 5 hit combo the opponent will block as the SP1 is triggered. I’ve noticed this on expert on harder paths in particular where the ai seems to “cheat”. Not sure if this occurs with any other bot but it’s happened with dino on 3 occasions today alone. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I play Dinobot a lot, Expert level, not too much, but that problem is the same wherever he fights--arenas, raids, daily missions, new bot missions, etc. After the combo, there's always a 1-2 second lag between the end of the combo and the start of the SP1, which is plenty of time to block or sidestep and avoid the SP1 completely.

In addition to this, when I've pulled off the SP1 at times, I've seen the AI enemy sidestep so many times in under 1 second, that its like they're teleporting behind Dinobot, and for a second or two, he's facing the same direction as them.

And if any obstacles get between the bots and the screens, then every attack Dinobot makes misses while the view is obstructed. This I mention because I've never seen it happen when using anyone other than Dinobot.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2018
    I use him a lot as well (as far as hard and some small attempts at expert) and have missed with his SP1 though I'm not sure about the circumstances. If we land a 5-hit combo is the SP1 supposed to be a guaranteed hit at any level??

I hate it when stuff gets in the way of the fight, you'd think they would have avoided doing something like that.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I just fought Shockwave with Dinobot in the arena (medium difficulty) and twice I landed a 5-hit combo and missed on the SP1. He sidestepped.
  • Options
    willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Dino is my top bot, and I very rarely miss the sp1 after combo. It is true that higher AI bots are faster and if you take too long to hit the sp1 after your last combo hit, they will dodge it, so be sure to be quick about it
  • Options
    willdorf wrote: »
    Dino is my top bot, and I very rarely miss the sp1 after combo. It is true that higher AI bots are faster and if you take too long to hit the sp1 after your last combo hit, they will dodge it, so be sure to be quick about it

I guess so. Some bots tend to be a bit trickier than others though, Shockwave sometimes, Grindor I've noticed tends to be very big on shielding and evading even though he's not a Scout.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    willdorf wrote: »

I guess so. Some bots tend to be a bit trickier than others though, Shockwave sometimes, Grindor I've noticed tends to be very big on shielding and evading even though he's not a Scout.

I can confirm that your suggestion is incorrect. I just fought Grindor with Dinobot (Blaster Expert, Act 1, Chapter 2, easiest path) and very quickly set off the SP1 and Grindor, the very bot I even mentioned before, nimbly sidestepped it.

Unless it is normal that an SP1 can miss after a 5-hit combo at higher levels no matter how quickly you launch it, I consider this a bug. I am not convinced that Dinobot's SP1 doesn't take a split second longer than other bots. He goes through that moment where he "winds up" and maybe it takes longer.

• Options
    The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    I think it’s common knowledge that taking too long to activate a special after a combo will trigger a block, but this is occurring when triggering immediately after the combo, no delay whatsoever. I have to say I haven’t noticed it anywhere but the last chapter of the expert missions, and i’m done with expert now but I suggest anyone using Dino in expert, try to record the fight so we can actually get noticed by kabam with this. It’s annoying as hell in expert, but if that happens in master too it’s an infuriating money-trap.