Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Gold Arena - love it or shove it?

LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
What’s your opinion on this arena and the rewards?

Gold Arena - love it or shove it? 39 votes

Love it!
76%
SteelSHManthroJKLBobdolleD3v1LasparagusAGBanditBeerguzzlerValensPrimeLaprasNick_80DrShotgunBOFADKittenPrimeBooster_BlueMeatShield72AnakinPrimeRipclawBiomechronBumblebee254 30 votes
Shove it!
23%
BumblebeeGunz0RhinoxKondansatorLouCypherXhibitASupraliminalBntyhntr3232_UrAverageMalaka 9 votes

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    it's a welcome change.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Love it!
    Love it!! Very much
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Wish we also got gold for milestones. Yes, arena crystals, but gold would have been nice instead of ore.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    Love it!
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Wish we also got gold for milestones. Yes, arena crystals, but gold would have been nice instead of ore.

Ore is dual purpose.. you can sell it for gold or keep it. It's better than just straight gold, you get to decide what you want this way.

I don't see the problem.
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    Love it!
    I’m onboard
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ore is dual purpose.. you can sell it for gold or keep it. It's better than just straight gold, you get to decide what you want this way.

I don't see the problem.

You get 35 gold for tier 1 ore, 105 for tier 2, 434 for tier 3, and 2126 for tier 4. That doesn't seem like much, but I guess better than nothing? Rank rewards look good and I won't complain about the energon in milestones.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Shove it!
    Agreed, the gold is so miniscule in this event, aside from the energon I won't be running that at all. I can get more gold from constantly running away missions and saving up the arena crystals.
  • cml007cml007 Posts: 38
    edited April 2018
    Needs a third option, love the idea, shove the gold quantity offered, needs milestones+larger rank quantity...
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Ill be honest - I was expecting more.

No gold at all from milestone rewards is...hilarious. You can argue all day long that Arena Crystals count and you can sell Ore...but, literally the NAME of this Arena is GOLD Bounty. But the only place you get gold in is in Ranks. Like really? Not even a single Gold Crystal, or a single piece of gold from the milestone rewards?

Also, IMO, based on the current content of the game - the gold rewards in the Ranks is a bit low.

I guess I was just expecting a little more...I dunno....gold, from the GOLD Bounty? If I ranked in the 6-10% range, that would get me roughly 75k when you include the gold crystals. That might be enough to rank up a 3*, but to rank up a 4* to just r4 costs over 100k gold just from the Rank Up alone, not even including ore costs.

A welcome change? Yes. A step in the right direction? Yes. Might do better with a slight adjustment to the rewards - specifically GOLD? Yes.

Dude, you're getting Ore, Arena Crystals, and energon. You can sell the ore if you have too much for a good chunk if you get all milestones, arena crystals grant you gold to boot along with energon, and as for energon gained via milestones you can use it to buy more gold crystals and add them to whatever bracket you fall into.

All in all, they gave you all the avenues to get more gold along with more flexibility of reward use. Kabam gave us exactly what we asked for and then some.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Arena Crystals have lower yield than Gold Crystal even considering the accidental Energons. Replacing those on the milestones with Gold Crystals will be fine.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Shove it!
    Honestly it does not give many good rewards
    Shove it!
    It's not like the alpha bounty which was awesome
  • Love it!
    I love it. Give me more of it. Make it hurt drill sergeant.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited April 2018
    that1guy wrote: »

Dude, you're getting Ore, Arena Crystals, and energon. You can sell the ore if you have too much for a good chunk if you get all milestones, arena crystals grant you gold to boot along with energon, and as for energon gained via milestones you can use it to buy more gold crystals and add them to whatever bracket you fall into.

All in all, they gave you all the avenues to get more gold along with more flexibility of reward use. Kabam gave us exactly what we asked for and then some.

Looking at just the milestone rewards, you get:

x4 T4 Ore (8504g when sold)
    x10 T3 Ore (4340 when sold)
    x5 T1 Ore (175g when sold)

Which comes out to 13kg in Ore.

There is also 60 Energon, which I have 0 complaints about - but again, the name of the arena is "GOLD Bounty".

There are also 17 AC's, but you cant include the Arena Crystals since you get the exact same amount in every arena.

So, from the "GOLD Bounty" arena you get, in Milestone rewards, 13kg and 60 Energon.

Compare that to the ALPHA Bounty arena which gets you a full T1 ALPHA and 2500 T2 ALPHA Essence, or the CRYSTAL Bounty which gets you 6 PBCRYSTALs worth of shards, as well as enough for a full 3* Bot CRYSTAL.

Also, in order to get all of those rewards, you have to complete all the milestones, which the final one is 1.5mill. Which, for me at least, takes about 5 - 6 full rounds of my bots, meaning I have to arena grind all day for those rewards.

This is a new Arena, and I think it could be much better, especially when compared to other arenas where you have to grind just as much as this one, but get WAAAY (IMO) better rewards in return for your effort.

Because there is such little gold (after you sell all your Ore that is) reward in the Milestones, it really diminishes the Rank rewards as well. I think a fix would be to add the possibility of earning up to 100k in Milestone Rewards (M2 = 5,000g, M4 = 10,000g, M6 = 10,000g, M8 = 25,000g, M10 = 50,000g) and leaving the Rank rewards as is. They could run the arena bi-weekly and I guarantee you it would get FAR more action than its getting right now.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I understand where you are coming from and maybe you're right, it could use a little more tweaking, but I just don't think players should expect the arena to fix all their gold related woes.

From what I'm seeing of how Kabam is going about doing things, the Gold Arena is not meant to solve all the gold related issues but atleast alleviate it by introducing another option for players. Kabam has introduced different or improved ways to secure more gold whether its the daily objectives (you can essentially get 7 gold crystals per week), the improved away missions (you earn way more arena crystals), and the previous relic reward (hope you didnt miss that). As such, there isn't one best method to secure gold, but rather you have to dabble into all features of the game to gain the most gold out of it. Though it's very grindy and time consuming (a topic for another thread), credit has to be given where its due. Personally, I think the Gold Arena is pretty good all things considered, just players have to shift their time and effort into all that's offered in the game to build up their gold count.
  • I think the gold arena is a great idea. As usual, they kabamed the implementation of it...

The milestones are a joke. I can grind the equivalent amount of ore for WAAAAY less time and the rank rewards are unbalanced.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Love it!
    At least it’s a step in the right direction...
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    edited April 2018
    Shove it!
    Y2K wrote: »
    Arena Crystals have lower yield than Gold Crystal even considering the accidental Energons. Replacing those on the milestones with Gold Crystals will be fine.

Actually you are wrong here. The first image below is one gold crystal being pulled whereas the second is one arena crystal. There is a pretty big difference.

vj8ix0g2t7ho.png

399ywvixq366.png

That's more than double the gold from an arena crystal. Gold crystals are wack in comparison.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think the gold arena is a great idea. As usual, they kabamed the implementation of it...

The milestones are a joke. I can grind the equivalent amount of ore for WAAAAY less time and the rank rewards are unbalanced.

you can grind more ore for less time than you can get from a GOLD arena? Well there's a surprise.

Why must people whine about everything?

Kabam, please do a 5* crystal arena where we can get 5* crystals in the milestones, 10 milestones, every 10k. Cheers.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I think the gold arena is a great idea. As usual, they kabamed the implementation of it...

you can grind more ore for less time than you can get from a GOLD arena? Well there's a surprise.

Kabam, please do a 5* crystal arena where we can get 5* crystals in the milestones, 10 milestones, every 10k. Cheers.

I play this game every day. I have invested time and money into the game and have supported it since its release. And while I appreciate the fact that Kabam has made great changes to the game over the past couple of months, that does not mean I am not allowed to voice my opinion on new things they implement into the game.

Now then, nothing that anyone has suggested is as crazy or as hyperbolic as what you suggested in your post. No one is asking for an insane amount of gold or crazy rewards. However, when you compare this arena to other arenas - specifically in the milestone rewards, there is a CLEAR imbalance with this Gold arena. It is WAY fewer rewards compared to other arenas.

Do you think 13k worth of Ore and 60 Energon is equivalent to 6 PBC's and a 3* Crystal? How about a full T1 Alpha and 2500 T2 Alpha shards....is that the same as 13k worth of Ore? Maybe to you it is - but to me, I see a clear and obvious difference in rewards, and as such, I pointed it out. I gave my feedback.

If you are fine with the arena - thats great for you! Go ahead and grind out 1.5mill for your 13k gold you will get after selling all the ore and go about your day. I, on the other hand, think the arena could be much better than it is now with just some minor tweaks to the milestone rewards.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Love it!

Or perhaps make arena crystals purchaseable with energon.....Genius!
  • DaveJL wrote: »

Yes, because when you enter a GOLD arena that's what you expect to find...ore...

How about something worthwhile like say, oh I dunno, maybe a gold crystal for every 100k points with an extra thrown in every other one? So 1.5m points would give a whole game breaking TWENTY-TWO gold crystals. OMG! An extra 44+k gold! The servers are melting!
    Shove it!

Yes spend energon to get a very low chance to get less energon and a small portion of gold
  • Manthro wrote: »

Yes spend energon to get a very low chance to get less energon and a small portion of gold

He was just being Manthro :D that wasn't a serious suggestion.
    Shove it!

He was just being Manthro :D that wasn't a serious suggestion.

I know...just adding to the humor
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Love it!
    I used to own $5 million in Gold.
    I was rich! I thought gold was worthless.
    Now that I'm maxing out bots, I can't afford to anymore... I'm lucky if I have $50,000 in my account at any given time.... I'm so poor.
    Just curious, for those who are okay with the current set up, do you also feel the 13k gold worth of ore is enough for the grind to hit 1.5 mil for all milestones? Or are you also counting on the rank rewards? Do you also have a lot of gold saved up in your reserves?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Love it!
    I love it but would like to see more gold
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Y2K wrote: »

Actually you are wrong here. The first image below is one gold crystal being pulled whereas the second is one arena crystal. There is a pretty big difference.

vj8ix0g2t7ho.png

399ywvixq366.png

That's more than double the gold from an arena crystal. Gold crystals are wack in comparison.

This is just an instance of a random generator. Arena crystals can never give more than 5500 and the average is within 2000, whereas a single Gold crystal can give more than 20k. I'll post a screen when I have it.