Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Stagger rant

A few months back, in the Megatron spotlight mission we were introduced to a new mod: stagger. “Don’t get hit by a heavy or you get a nasty debuff”. I thought that was really cool and unique, unlike other mods at the time so I went into the fight and oh boy.. I wasn’t happy. Turns out stagger was not a fun and unique mod, it was an overused and fun draining mod.

It is not fun when the AI uses a heavy every second so you can’t counter them, it is not fun running away for whole minutes because the stupid AI won’t use a special and keeps using heavy. This mod is also overused, I cannot stand it anymore.

Here’s what we should do, remove the heavy spam.
Tagged:

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Kabaam please respond guys, honestly I am livid. 13k waspinator non stop heavy. I’m not a blazing robot I’m not Bruce flipping Lee! Do you guys not test things before you release it? I don’t mean any offense but I’m almost certain you don’t. This is so bad not even money can save us!
    okay maybe it can.. lol
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    It also doesn’t feel like stagger, but stun. When I get caught by a heavy, it’s stun. And then the AI throws another heavy and it’s another stun. I’ve had multiple stacks of stun on me by the time I got KOed (by another heavy).
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Darm0k wrote: »
    It also doesn’t feel like stagger, but stun. When I get caught by a heavy, it’s stun. And then the AI throws another heavy and it’s another stun. I’ve had multiple stacks of stun on me by the time I got KOed (by another heavy).

Most definitely, this is unfair, I thought that the npc bots can do the same thing as pc bots, but this mod allows a stun cooldown to be reset after a hit, I can stun with ramjet but I have to wait for the cooldown to end in order to inflict another stun, while this mod lets the bot stun every half second if it spams heavies.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I agree. It's like the D&D players creating God like beings that cannot be beat and defy all laws of physics just so they cannot be beat.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    A combination of power control and immune to ranged bots work well as a counter to stagger. WB and Mirage are good bots for this.

Kickback also has good power control and a unique Sig that puts the screws to bots on the stagger mod.

Can't just fight without thought or strategy on those nodes, sorry to say. You need to change up your approach, alter timing and mix up the way you counter attack.

I find the AI on stagger very similar to fighting Galvatron, CW or movie Megatron and Barricade.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited April 2018
    Did you guys tried the two hardest lanes on Master: strike back(which means you do a Special and the enemy bot gets a bar of power).You are forced to not use Specials or you can push the enemy bot into their Sp.2s,which are harder to dodge imo or straight into a Special 3.
    Combine that with the stagger,unblockable Special 2 and of course randomizer.lol
    And Blaster becomes a very hard opponent to fight.Finally a challenge and allthough we beat him,it is not easy.
    The randomizer path is full of bots with 60k health and 3-4k attack rating.lol
    The Stagger mod is really hard,cause the enemy bots use their heavy attack all the time,hold their Specials,etc..Need to adjust to it.
    Why not use a duplicated Kickback on that lane.He stuns the enemy bots if they use a heavy while t-coged and there are other options as well.
    Yes.It is hard,but doable, if you have a few R5s.
    With R4 4* you can clear the first 5 quests though.they are not that super hard.
    But the Blaster's final quest is challenging.I like it.:)
    P.S. I die less in AM and we run a high d.level.lol
    So Master is right on for the top players.
    You will grow into it guys,just keep trying.
    You will come out as far better players,cause you need to up your skills to win.
    Rewards are good.Just come and try to get them.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Kabaam please respond guys, honestly I am livid. 13k waspinator non stop heavy. I’m not a blazing robot I’m not Bruce flipping Lee! Do you guys not test things before you release it? I don’t mean any offense but I’m almost certain you don’t. This is so bad not even money can save us!
    okay maybe it can.. lol

b7ldbid21qwm.jpg

Why you bugging? R4 4* Rhinox vs this 13k Wasp you are speaking about...
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    D3v1L wrote: »
    Did you guys tried the two hardest lanes on Master: strike back(which means you do a Special and the enemy bot gets a bar of power).You are forced to not use Specials or you can push the enemy bot into their Sp.2s,which are harder to dodge imo or straight into a Special 3.
    Combine that with the stagger,unblockable Special 2 and of course randomizer.lol
    And Blaster becomes a very hard opponent to fight.Finally a challenge and allthough we beat him,it is not easy.
    The randomizer path is full of bots with 60k health and 3-4k attack rating.lol
    The Stagger mod is really hard,cause the enemy bots use their heavy attack all the time,hold their Specials,etc..Need to adjust to it.
    Why not use a duplicated Kickback on that lane.He stuns the enemy bots if they use a heavy while t-coged and there are other options as well.
    Yes.It is hard,but doable, if you have a few R5s.
    With R4 4* you can clear the first 5 quests though.they are not that super hard.
    But the Blaster's final quest is challenging.I like it.:)
    P.S. I die less in AM and we run a high d.level.lol
    So Master is right on for the top players.
    You will grow into it guys,just keep trying.
    You will come out as far better players,cause you need to up your skills to win.
    Rewards are good.Just come and try to get them.

Blaster was pretty dam easy for my R4 4* WB... Most of the times I just rushed him and didn't let AI hit me back