Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging question: Better two bots or one duped bot?

Okay, I’ve seen some charts, but wasn’t able to figure this out. Would it be better to forge two maxed of the same bot (say Prime) or one maxed duped of that bot for forge XP.

So, for example, forge a maxed a 3 star prime (sig 0) into a 4 star Prime and then again when you max another 3 star Prime. Or better to wait until you dupe the maxed 3 star so when you forge into the 4 star Prime, it’s at sig level 5?

Strictly looking at the forge XP received. Not counting crystal shards, etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Purely forge xp maxing a bot twice and forging will be more than maxing one duped bot. The sig levels don't add that much.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Thanks. That’s what I was thinking it may be, but wasn’t 100% sure. I guess, logically looking at it, that makes the most sense.
  • If it's a 3* bot, maxing an unduped bot gives you the best forge xp. It's also the most 4* shards. Dupes just make everything cheaper with respect to gold and ore.

I never take a 1* or 2* past 1-10 because the gold cost is too much for the returns you get. I do however wait until the 2* has at least 1 dupe for the shard bump.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Thanks!
  • ZenkarZenkar Posts: 10
    so have no sense to wait 3* till them has 100 duped sig. lvl?
    then: take a 3* , make it to max lvl , and after u duped sig put in into the forge?
    right?
  • Zenkar wrote: »
    so have no sense to wait 3* till them has 100 duped sig. lvl?
    then: take a 3* , make it to max lvl , and after u duped sig put in into the forge?
    right?

What are you looking for? If you're trying to save gold and ore, go for the higher sig level. If you want the max forge xp and 4* shards, then max every 3* without a dupe and forge it.

The first bot gives 135 shards, a dupe gives 190. But two unduped, maxed 3* bots give 270. And the experience bump from 5 sig levels is peanuts compared to another full bot.

But again, this is incredibly gold, ore, and spark intensive. So don't expect you're bots to all be unduped.

For example, anytime I get a 3* bonecrusher, mv1, ratchet, or g1 prime they immediately get maxed and forged. Most everyone else has collected some dupes as they await the spare gold to level for forging.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Gold being my biggest limitation, I only forge bots after they have been duped. It just cost too much to upgrade the same 3* to max lever repeatedly.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    I tested it a while ago. One duped sig5 wins in gold cost and shards by a large margin. Two consecutive unduped win in forge exp by a very small margin. So I always wait for a 3* fodder to awaken.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Visual from trailfire
    q4idbweps9tx.jpg