Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Getting hit with debuffs even though side stepped ranged

I’ve been getting numerous hits with debuffs although I’m successfully side stepping a ranged attack. For example, I’m getting backfire from Barricade after side stepping a ranged attack. I figure I’m not getting hit since my hit streak counter doesn’t reset. Same for Hot Rod (deceleration) and Blaster (interference). Was it always like this and I’m just noticing it recently?

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Is it possible you are getting hit while blocking? Because your streak counter continues but I think those particular debuffs can apply even if blocking.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    this happened to me with blaster during master spotlight
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Is it possible you are getting hit while blocking? Because your streak counter continues but I think those particular debuffs can apply even if blocking.

Can your bot block and side step at the same time? I do see the side step animation when dodging ranged. If so, then that may be the case.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Darm0k wrote: »

Can your bot block and side step at the same time? I do see the side step animation when dodging ranged. If so, then that may be the case.

No.

I'm pretty sure even if you just stand there and block those three debuffs you listed can affect you just the same.
  • I'm fairly certain that if your bot evades the incoming attack by itself, the debuff still gets applied even though you didnt get hit. So if it only happens using high evade bots that probably the answer, if its happening all the time rip you.
    No.

I'm pretty sure even if you just stand there and block those three debuffs you listed can affect you just the same.

Yeah, that’s not what time doing though. I’m swiping up/down and seeing my bot side step and dodge the ranged attack.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    It's always happened if you evade at the very last moment. Annoying AF
    DaveJL wrote: »
    It's always happened if you evade at the very last moment. Annoying AF

Ahh okay. Must’ve just not noticed it before.