Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

v6.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• VirtBeeVirtBee Posts: 21
    kranders wrote: »
    Having been around this long enough and in most of the top alliances at some point I don’t understand why everyone is upset about the so-called competition. This game is mostly pay to win which inherently limits competition. Sure there are skilled players but anyone with a wallet that is average can keep up.

Most of the system is broken. Someone can stay on top or simply move up a rank just by running a higher difficulty despite whether they complete 100%. That right there is a broken system. Yeah grouping 1-3 sucks but Kabam needs to keep people playing and spending elsewhere. Now the competition just moves to the fringes. Even with updated rewards nobody is going to try to get to first at ridiculous levels because we’re still playing the same old game on Map 3 with the same bosses and now a slightly harder spotlight.

Interesting, back when they bumped map 2 above 60 they gave a big chunk of the points to the final boss, and alot of us thought it was broken and we couldn't judge how each player was going doing cause they can slack off and hit the final boss and their points would be higher than the rest.

This is the first I've heard the other argument that this was a decent thing as it makes Alliances want to finish the level giving them the majority of the points.

I've always been under the mindset to finish to get the exploration rewards. but I can see how this could be a loophole to the rankings as well.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i dont even understand how someone in top 3 can even talk about not finishing. is that what you're doing in spark? odd argument
  • Hey All,

We've just posted more details on the new Alliance, 4-Hour, and Daily Crystals coming your way here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4812/new-daily-4-hour-and-alliance-crystals/p1?new=1
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Is gold still gonna remain the predominant drop from the elite 4 hour crystals?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited May 2018
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Is gold still gonna remain the predominant drop from the elite 4 hour crystals?

Probably. I’m going to guess that t2 basic will be the next highest percentage of the 4 hour crystals.
    Are their gonna be more AM only boosts introduced with this new crystal? The only one I've seen is the one that only works on bots that have been damaged before entering the fight.
    Are their gonna be more AM only boosts introduced with this new crystal? The only one I've seen is the one that only works on bots that have been damaged before entering the fight.

According to the Kabam post, looks like the AS crystal will only be giving repair or revive kits. (The current only has revive kits)
    Darm0k wrote: »

According to the Kabam post, looks like the AS crystal will only be giving repair or revive kits. (The current only has revive kits)

Not talking about the AS crystals, those are amazing and I'm excited. The alliance crystal we get once a day(plus the 2nd from objectives) is the one that gives boosts. That's what I'm curious about, are their new boosts or just the crumby one I sell for pennies.
    Not talking about the AS crystals, those are amazing and I'm excited. The alliance crystal we get once a day(plus the 2nd from objectives) is the one that gives boosts. That's what I'm curious about, are their new boosts or just the crumby one I sell for pennies.

Ahh, I see what you’re asking. I guess they’d have to introduce a new boost or something. Although they say alliance boosts, the only one I know of that’s for alliance missions is the assassin one. The other boosts seem to be for all game modes or story mode so not sure if those would be included.
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Hogz3 wrote: »
    What's the point of competition if you're just gonna group ranks together? It's basically you guys handing out participation tropies and pissing away peoples efforts to push higher levels and to get better as an alliance.

While we understand why this might upset Alliances in first place, this was a measure we had to take because of the disparity of points between 1st place and 2nd place. At this time, there is simply no competition for 1st Place, while the competition for 2-10 is very close.

This change is to promote more healthy competition, and not to quell it. It’s to prevent a situation where there is no way that other alliances can ever catch up.

@Kabam Miike if this were really the case, then why is there not a huge disparity in roster strength between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place alliances? These guys all have the rosters to be able to compete, yet they aren't. This isn't a case of being behind in roster, so what does rewards have to do with it??

Plain and simple, the 2nd-3rd place alliances either don't have the motivation, skill, money, whatever it is to compete for 1st. It clearly has nothing to do with roster strength, because everyone had the same roster strength since November and these guys haven't been doing the levels that OVP / Force / etc were doing.

Either way, it is a slap in the face to everyone's efforts to climb on top of the hill. Participation trophy doesn't even begin to explain it... you have guys from the 2nd - 3rd alliances in this thread complaining about how dumb it is.

Let me put it this way, if I installed this game for the first time today and saw this garbage I would turn around and uninstall. This is an abomination to competition and ruins the purpose of the game's only competitive mode.
    Hogz3 wrote: »
    What's the point of competition if you're just gonna group ranks together? It's basically you guys handing out participation tropies and pissing away peoples efforts to push higher levels and to get better as an alliance.

While we understand why this might upset Alliances in first place, this was a measure we had to take because of the disparity of points between 1st place and 2nd place. At this time, there is simply no competition for 1st Place, while the competition for 2-10 is very close.

This change is to promote more healthy competition, and not to quell it. It’s to prevent a situation where there is no way that other alliances can ever catch up.

@Kabam Miike if this were really the case, then why is there not a huge disparity in roster strength between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place alliances? These guys all have the rosters to be able to compete, yet they aren't. This isn't a case of being behind in roster, so what does rewards have to do with it??

Plain and simple, the 2nd-3rd place alliances either don't have the motivation, skill, money, whatever it is to compete for 1st. It clearly has nothing to do with roster strength, because everyone had the same roster strength since November and these guys haven't been doing the levels that OVP / Force / etc were doing.

Either way, it is a slap in the face to everyone's efforts to climb on top of the hill. Participation trophy doesn't even begin to explain it... you have guys from the 2nd - 3rd alliances in this thread complaining about how dumb it is.

Let me put it this way, if I installed this game for the first time today and saw this garbage I would turn around and uninstall. This is an abomination to competition and ruins the purpose of the game's only competitive mode.
    So I guess what you're saying is, they don't have any competition to ruin because they already broke that months ago? And instead of pushing for them to rejuvenate that competition, you've given up on that entirely and are happy with them just going further in the opposite direction?

Just making sure we're on the same page.

And to be blunt, Forged is driving in a school zone right now and has been for months and you know it. No point in acting like Forged is going balls to the wall burning up items because most of the community knows that isn't the case.

TeKK I thought you’ve retired ? I must have been mistaken :)
  • Wolf1974Wolf1974 Posts: 1
    I have a suggestion. Is there any chance of getting a alpha sparks weekly event say on sundays like we have for the class sparks?
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Wolf1974 wrote: »
    I have a suggestion. Is there any chance of getting a alpha sparks weekly event say on sundays like we have for the class sparks?

Alpha spark already in raid store.
  • Clark_kentClark_kent Posts: 80
    When Act 4 is going to be released? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs
    What's going to happen to our old Ancient Sanctum crystal shards after 2.0 comes out? I'm just under a couple hundred shy of forming one last crystal. You know, so I can get my tier 2 revive and all.... :|
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    Darm0k wrote: »
    What's going to happen to our old Ancient Sanctum crystal shards after 2.0 comes out? I'm just under a couple hundred shy of forming one last crystal. You know, so I can get my tier 2 revive and all.... :|

I would argue that any shards UNDER 2,000 should convert. I completely understand not wanting to give the new ones to people who saved, but those partial crystals were still earned on their respective map and should be good either way.

While on the crystal topic, any chance of locking their spawn time with the calendar? Having them go 24 hours from the previous claim time is a huge pain if you can't get online for some reason. Also maybe tie the 4 hour crystals to every 4 hours....(4,8,12 am & pm)
    so i just got a tier 1 repair kit from an elite 4hour crystal
    Sabugen wrote: »
    so i just got a tier 1 repair kit from an elite 4hour crystal

Score!
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Hey All,

We've just posted more details on the new Alliance, 4-Hour, and Daily Crystals coming your way here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/4812/new-daily-4-hour-and-alliance-crystals/p1?new=1

So basically Level 40+ has completely lost regular access to 1* bots??? I don't think that's right, I use 1* bots as forging fodder and sometimes to help with the "level up" daily objective. What are you going to give us to replace our access to 1* bots? Maybe you could stick some 1* crystals in the Crystal Bounty Arena?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    It's like you completely forgot 2 stars exist.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Hey All,

So basically Level 40+ has completely lost regular access to 1* bots??? I don't think that's right, I use 1* bots as forging fodder and sometimes to help with the "level up" daily objective. What are you going to give us to replace our access to 1* bots? Maybe you could stick some 1* crystals in the Crystal Bounty Arena?

You can't possibly be serious.
    that1guy wrote: »

It's like you completely didn't think that maybe I don't want to forge 2*.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Hey All,

If you have regular access to 2* bots then I don't think it's a problem. Now the problem is that we don't know the reward list, let alone drop rate, of the Elite Daily Crystal, other than the top reward being 4* bots and mods.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    It’s a free crystal where you have to do nothing to get it. Don’t think we need to know the drop rates for it. I’m sure 3* and 4* bots/mods are low percentage but again, it’s free.

also got 1star bot from alliance crystal
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374

You might want to re-evaluate that, a 1 star practically gives you nothing for forge experience and your resources are put to better use towards 2 star rank ups and forging them later.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited May 2018

You might want to re-evaluate that, a 1 star practically gives you nothing for forge experience and your resources are put to better use towards 2 star rank ups and forging them later.

Some people like to forge up 2 stars before they forge them into 3/4 stars to maximize the return in forge levels. This also gives them a reason to wait for the sig to increase which in turn maximizes that portion of forge level and shard return. I have actually been doing this since launch..my bots are strong last time I looked
    BOFAD wrote: »

Some people like to forge up 2 stars before they forge them into 3/4 stars to maximize the return in forge levels. This also gives them a reason to wait for the sig to increase which in turn maximizes that portion of forge level and shard return. I have actually been doing this since launch..my bots are strong last time I looked

Someone here is thinking!!
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290

It's doable. You have to be above sig 41 or 48 (depending on what ore you use to 1-10) for the math to fall in your favor. Easier to 1-10 and forge.

If that wasn't a typo and you do forge into your 2* bots before forging them off, all I can ask is WHY?
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252

It's doable. You have to be above sig 41 or 48 (depending on what ore you use to 1-10) for the math to fall in your favor. Easier to 1-10 and forge.

If that wasn't a typo and you do forge into your 2* bots before forging them off, all I can ask is WHY?

It's been tested that incremental forge (2* into 3* then into 4*) gives less forge exp than separate forge (2* into 4*, 3* into 4*)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Y2K wrote: »

It's been tested that incremental forge (2* into 3* then into 4*) gives less forge exp than separate forge (2* into 4*, 3* into 4*)

It doesn't matter, you can't talk sense into anyone in this place about anything... just go look at the t3 class thread if you need proof.