Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Crystal bounty not worth it

Over a million and only 250 4* shards.

Last year a two day bounty scoring 650k got you a 1000 shards on milestones alone.

Why now with 5* out, and shards supposed to be easier is it so much harder to get in arenas.

Raid stores, spotlight, daily deals have been awesome. Alliance missions and arenas hard to justify the effort.

Comments

• I agree with the crystal bounty not being worth the effort. Unless you have absolutely nothing going on that day, it's hard to get anything out of it.
  • Over a million and only 250 4* shards.

Last year a two day bounty scoring 650k got you a 1000 shards on milestones alone.

Why now with 5* out, and shards supposed to be easier is it so much harder to get in arenas.

Raid stores, spotlight, daily deals have been awesome. Alliance missions and arenas hard to justify the effort.

Got the same as you. Woke up in the middle of the night to play and expected to get a lot of 4* shards. I wake up to get only 250
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I played 3 rounds and just got all of the milestones... 1.5m gets decent rewards for not a lot of effort.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    2 million won't even get you 1-2% anymore.

I just don't have the time to grind it any longer so I just do 2 or 3 cycles for the 24 hour period.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Top rank rewards in alpha bounty gives t2 alpha essense, top milestones gives t2 alpha essence.

Top rank rewards in basic bounty gives t3 basic essence, top milestones gives t3 basic essense.

Top rank rewards in crystal bounty gives 4 star crystal shards, top milestones gives 3 star shards. :/
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    1.5 mill little effort? I need more info to understand. How many hours like 4? What were your rank rewards?

I consider 3 hours of arena a bit of effort and a grind.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited May 2018
    I barely played and got 100 4* shards, a full 3* (which means another 100 4* shards) and a full PBC.
    Totally worth.... it and *****THANK YOU KABAM**** for bringing milestone back. Remember, every single crystal goes towards a 5* eventually...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Over a million and only 250 4* shards.

Players have triple (or more) bots in their roster than a year ago.

The brackets have elevated as a result. This is no surprise.

There are 1000 shards for exploring hard spotlight and expert spotlight, which makes up for it.

If you can explore master, you get even more.

Arenas are no longer the main supply of 4* bots. Players complained about the arena grind, and kabam shifted the focus to compensate. You can earn your bots in a different game mode now, without endlessly grinding.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    It's time to start daily forging. Wait for any of your 3* fodder to be duped, level it to r3/30 then forge to get 140 shards. That's 340 shards for two 3*'s.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    Lol, where were you guys 2 weeks ago when I had a thread up about the rewards.

The points required for the milestones is fair given how people's rosters have expanded. Keeping the 4* shards entirely in rank rewards is messed up. There should be some in the last 2 milestones.

The big problem is they completely skewed rank rewards. The top 30 got a 50% INCREASE in shards while everybody else got a DECREASE. There was nothing wrong with the old rank rewards, they should have just added milestones and moved on...
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    edited May 2018
    with so many people having a full roster arena takes far too long for far too little rewards. 3-4 hours a day of arena is too much, and not even enough for the good rewards.
    personally i only bother with the first crystal arena due to weekend. no time for any of the other arenas and putting in the time i do have, just isnt worth the effort and i take my time someplace else.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think everyone is forgetting that a 3* bot not only gives you a 3* bot, but also 4* shards.
    Don't forget to put this into your equation.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited May 2018
    Sabugen wrote: »
    with so many people having a full roster arena takes far too long for far too little rewards. 3-4 hours a day of arena is too much, and not even enough for the good rewards.
    personally i only bother with the first crystal arena due to weekend. no time for any of the other arenas and putting in the time i do have, just isnt worth the effort and i take my time someplace else.

3-4 hours is overkill. 2 hours split up into 4 sessions is more accurate.

if you rush blitz into arena finishing fights as fast as possible it is completely doable to finish 1 run in 25-30 minutes, each earning 500k points if you are loaded with 4* bots. Will earn more points too if you have more bots at R3-R5.

Level up your 4* bots to be at least R2 so that you can go on infinity streak with all the 4* bots once past streak 15-16.

I'm sharing this coz it is exactly the situation I'm in now. Takes time to level up your bots but it is doable. Relics will help a lot too.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Davien wrote: »
    Sabugen wrote: »

3-4 hours is overkill. 2 hours split up into 4 sessions is more accurate.

if you rush blitz into arena finishing fights as fast as possible it is completely doable to finish 1 run in 25-30 minutes, each earning 500k points if you are loaded with 4* bots. Will earn more points too if you have more bots at R3-R5.

Level up your 4* bots to be at least R2 so that you can go on infinity streak with all the 4* bots once past streak 15-16.

I'm sharing this coz it is exactly the situation I'm in now. Takes time to level up your bots but it is doable. Relics will help a lot too.

Perfect description of how I am at the moment as well. 500k per cycle, 30 mins per cycle. 3 cycles and I'm done.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited May 2018
    Lol, where were you guys 2 weeks ago when I had a thread up about the rewards.

The points required for the milestones is fair given how people's rosters have expanded. Keeping the 4* shards entirely in rank rewards is messed up. There should be some in the last 2 milestones.

The big problem is they completely skewed rank rewards. The top 30 got a 50% INCREASE in shards while everybody else got a DECREASE. There was nothing wrong with the old rank rewards, they should have just added milestones and moved on...

The biggest problem is actually that they listened TOO much to people who didn't know what they were talking about (though on the bright side they DO clearly adjust based on feedback). Not that the quote means this entails you sir, just that I wanted to carry on a "the problem is" train of thought.

I posted many many times player pool was not the problem with 1-2% rating in OLD crystal arena. Roster creep always did mean if you thought 1.2 million didn't get it for you because there was less players you were WAY mistaken (in reality 1.2 mil was minimum effort, and why try harder because minimal effort for top non grind reward was good enough because top 10 wasn't amazingly better anyway... and 1.2 mil was never gonna cut it again because of ROSTER BLOAT ALONE not at all because nobody was playing)... now it's utterly obvious the people who didn't see that were dead wrong AND they fiddled with rank rewards on top of it. They did so because feedback said combined pools and milestones were needed. So... that's what the masses got.

Of course, now with 4*s meaning 5* shards, PLUS the tweaked rank rewards meaning the top heavy rewards are so much better, PLUS 1.5 mil is minimum stop point... Yeah, the chatter from people who wouldn't listen to reason contributed to completely rocketing arena scores. The former score needed for top 10 is MAYBE the new 1-2% bracket score now, forget about top 30. Do ya see the roster bloat effect NOW people, lol? That ain't from more people playing, that's from people enticed to flex their rosters now like they weren't before. When you could not play hard at all and get 900 4* shards. Good job :wink: p

Anyway, because of the 3* for milestone rewards, you have to add 100 onto any 4* shard comparison so it's not totally bad. It did get a smidge worse for the average player though... to which I can only say many got exactly what they were clamoring for against all saner (fricks sake i tried to tell you so) advice.