Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Counterpunch mastery

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I haven’t seen it recently. The description states ‘when you successfully SIDESTEP a dash or melee special’, it’s meant to give you an attack buff. I’ve only ever seen the attack buff when dashing back, never sidestepping. Is this working correctly and he description just needs reworded, or am I missing something?

If it just needs rewording, then kabam, please do so. Or, change the mastery to how it is currently described. Sideswipe sidestepping to gain power only works with a reasonably close projectile, so the game can tell the difference between a well timed evade and risk-free dodging attack’s that were never going to hit already.

Comments

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    It is the same mechanism with duped Mirage's sp3 attack buff, Hound's rolling or Mix's Concussive block: u have to time it at the last moment.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    I’ve tried so many times to get it with the sidestep, and can’t get it at all. Back step has no issue at all getting it, and I almost always sidestep a dash. I’m decent at timing my dodges and blocks, and with hound /mix timing I can get it more often than not. Tried time and again against motormaster since he dashes enough for me to practise, but nothing. Only dashing back.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    It doesn't last long and is consumed by the first successful hit you land so if you're hitting back after the sidestep you may not be seeing it like you do on the jump back where you can't return the hit so quickly. I have I think 2 or 3 levels in mine. I wouldn't max it out but it's certainly worth activating.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    It doesn't last long and is consumed by the first successful hit you land so if you're hitting back after the sidestep you may not be seeing it like you do on the jump back where you can't return the hit so quickly. I have I think 2 or 3 levels in mine. I wouldn't max it out but it's certainly worth activating.

I feel the opposite about this. If you aren't going to level it up a few times, it's probably not worth much. The duration of the bonus is so short at level one, it's very difficult to take advantage of.

I actually restructured my masteries to drop this one and max out Gunslinger, which I find much easier to activate and use.