Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

We struck gold in them thar arenas....but

Thur jist ain't enuf gold tah go round.
Thur needs tah be more.

Sorry that's hillbilly speak for there needs to be more gold to make the arena competitive and worth while. It seems even the top spots aren't much more gold than a strong base produces in a day or so.
I'd like to see 6 digit hauls.
Yeah? Nah?

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    It is fine as it is. A strong base only produces maybe 30k gold a day. Milestones gets you about 80k gold - it's a boost and a helpful addition to alleviate the problem. You aren't meant to have so much gold that you can do whatever you want - Kabam want you to make a choice
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @DaveJL I do not agree. 80k gold doesn't go very far when you're trying to level an r4/r5 bot. It gets you only a couple of levels.
    While it's good that you're content with how it's going, I've noticed in your previous posts you seem to of the opinion that of you're good with it that it doesn't need to be changed.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    edited May 2018
    Gold has been an issue for a while now and will continue to be an issue. For example, I have been working on fully R4ing Kickback for three days now and I am only 23/40 or somewhere around there.

P.S. Nice bars @DrShotgun, you called that one.
    edited May 2018
    First jail sentence!!.....It doesn't take much to make me mad. I didn't give myself the name Shotgun.
    Anyway it's actually opened up a very constructive dialogue...but I've been trying to get Prowl to 5/50 for about a week now...takes a TON of gold.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @DaveJL I do not agree. 80k gold doesn't go very far when you're trying to level an r4/r5 bot. It gets you only a couple of levels.
    While it's good that you're content with how it's going, I've noticed in your previous posts you seem to of the opinion that of you're good with it that it doesn't need to be changed.

Isn't that essentially how things work? I don't think it needs to be changed, but that doesn't mean I'm flush with gold. I have several rank 4 and 5 bots, a massive stash full of t1 and t2a, more ore than I can use or usefully sell and too many crystals. Gold is a huge bottleneck for me. HOWEVER, this arena isn't meant to solve your problem, only alleviate it. Kabam doesn't want you to be able to willfully take every bot you have to r5 easily. They want you to work for it and make a careful decision and they do that by making resources scarce.

Let's say they increase the gold reward then. What to? There are plenty of players to whom that gold reward is probably excessive for their needs and some who it works nicely for.

If you do a mission or two a day, do a few cycles in arena, do away missions for arena crystals and play AM and maybe sell some excess ore from crystals, you should be ok. You'll have to do things slowly, but you'll be ok.
    Thing about doing things that slowly is while I wait, I'm having to sell ore in order to keep from losing it.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Thing about doing things that slowly is while I wait, I'm having to sell ore in order to keep from losing it.

Yes, and everyone has that problem. So the way to stop that is to not mass open crystals - you then have to be mindful of your ore stash
    essentially it all comes down to effective resource management and it is cleverly set up so you'll likely always be bottlenecked somehow.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I just sold 1000+ ore to raise enough gold to use some sparks.
    I had to sell TONS of ore not long ago because I opened 200 crystals for Blaster....ended up with 97k chips the first day though:)
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    you shouldn’t have to sell one material for another material it’s doesn’t make sense. You should have ore and gold.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Ore I can get by opening crystals. I’m already hoarding crystals for next month’s bot since I’ve duped 4* blaster and have enough chips to open 4 more 3* blaster. Sparks I always have overflowing esp now that I’ve cleared spotlight I can use all my energy for daily missions. Gold I’m always short of.
    Tough wrote: »
    you shouldn’t have to sell one material for another material it’s doesn’t make sense. You should have ore and gold.

I also think it should cost the same amount of gold to level...not 250 ore,275 gold..etc..
    I also think the bonus ore should be bonus...it's not a bonus of it costs even more. That's like a "buy one get another at regular price" sale.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    edited May 2018
    I actually think everything is pretty in tune now. It's supposed to take time to get resources, or else you'd just have massive amounts of ore and gold and everyone would have maxed rosters. To get gold, you have to earn it from arenas and away missions, and buy energy recharges with energon and farm from story missions, as well as sell basic ore you don't need. Works like a well oiled machine for me.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    edited May 2018
    I am still constantly at risk of letting t3c and t2a expire because of the lack of gold

Seriously is no one else having this problem?

kfs9u3qm012v.png
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited May 2018
    Just sell ore. I get way more ore than I can use so I convert it into gold. Mostly just the basic ore since class ore is cheaper to use (on that class). And usually I only do it when I need it or before the ore in the stash expires.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    willdorf wrote: »
    To get gold, you have to earn it from arenas and away missions, and buy energy recharges with energon and farm from story missions, as well as sell basic ore you don't need.
    Seriously you buy batteries to farm story missions?

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Y2K wrote: »
    willdorf wrote: »
    To get gold, you have to earn it from arenas and away missions, and buy energy recharges with energon and farm from story missions, as well as sell basic ore you don't need.
    Seriously you buy batteries to farm story missions?

What is wrong buying batteries to farm story mode?
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    DonApis wrote: »
    I don't know. Buy gold crystals instead?

Y2K wrote: »
    DonApis wrote: »
    I don't know. Buy gold crystals instead?

get more gold from story mission and you get xp