Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Cheetor

Comments

• Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    edited May 2018
    For those of us who love and use MV1, it’s very clear that Cheetor does NOT counter him.
    Why?
    The heal block duration is extended only if the enemy has a bleed active. So the idea for cheetor is to do sp1, then stack bleeds on the enemy so they can never heal. But MV1 can only have 1 bleed at a time, the rest is converted to power. Meaning, after the first bleed from the sp1 expires so will the heal block expire.
    In fact MV1 is a hard counter to cheetor, because after that short heal block, he can easily heal himself with willpower from all the non-SP1 bleeds of cheetor. I look forward to ripping him apart in spotlight with my r5 MV1. Seems like an ez fight. Grimlock is also a good counter to cheetor.
    As for Primal, cheetors bleeds come mostly from crits, but primals armor can’t get crit..... so? Primal is only heal blocked everytime cheetor fills an sp bar for his sig??? I wouldn’t call that a hard counter at all :wink:

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    "The opponent stays Repair Blocked from this attack for as long as they are Bleeding."
    This attack = this special right? So the game clearly knows about which attack inflicted a "Repair blocking bleed", and it clearly isn't from HA. HA's bleed has a different icon.

Imagine using Prowl against Cheetor on HA, you started with one HA bleed. You eat an SP1 from Cheetor. Then you have: two HA bleeds and a special inflicted bleed. When the latter expires, so does your repair block. Conclusion: Cheetor is dangerous if you're not using Mv1.

Now with Mv1. You eat an SP1 then you have two HA bleeds and a special inflicted bleed but in a instant 2 of the 3 will be nullified and converted to power. And since the only bleed left is from HA, the repair block disappears. Cheetor without HA may effectively suppress willpower, but with HA, Cheeor got hampered.

As for Beast Purification and duped GL, well, they shut down any DOT, as usual.
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    Bumblebee wrote: »
    Disappointed we won’t be getting his original form as I always preferred that one more.
    d8kgtvivq5qf.jpeg
    But hey, Transmetals are awesome too!

I was prepared for original Cheetor (and would still like to see him...I think Original would have been a good scout and Transmetal woul dhave been a good Demolition) but when I saw it was Transmetal Cheetor I nearly lost my mind I was so happy.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrix while they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....

Yes, but that was when he was Optimal Optimus and not Optimus Primal. He was merely a minor Maximal officer.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrix while they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....

Yes, but that was when he was Optimal Optimus and not Optimus Primal. He was merely a minor Maximal officer.

Transmetal Cheetor was around before Optimal Optimus. You're thinking of transmetal 2 cheetor.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrixwhile they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....

Transmetal Cheetor was around before Optimal Optimus. You're thinking of transmetal 2 cheetor.

I’m not referring to Cheetor at all, actually. All I’m saying is that Optimus Primal isn’t a Prime.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Y2K wrote: »
    "The opponent stays Repair Blocked from this attack for as long as they are Bleeding."
    This attack = this special right? So the game clearly knows about which attack inflicted a "Repair blocking bleed", and it clearly isn't from HA. HA's bleed has a different icon.

Imagine using Prowl against Cheetor on HA, you started with one HA bleed. You eat an SP1 from Cheetor. Then you have: two HA bleeds and a special inflicted bleed. When the latter expires, so does your repair block. Conclusion: Cheetor is dangerous if you're not using Mv1.

Now with Mv1. You eat an SP1 then you have two HA bleeds and a special inflicted bleed but in a instant 2 of the 3 will be nullified and converted to power. And since the only bleed left is from HA, the repair block disappears. Cheetor without HA may effectively suppress willpower, but with HA, Cheeor got hampered.

Actually.. no.

Cheetor on HA vs MV1:

Cheetor launches s1, triggers repair block.

All the additional bleeds disappear except for the HA bleed.

Repair block stays active until HA bleed times out.

Willpower effectively suppressed the entire battle.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    I guess honestly the solution will be don't get hit with sp1 ;)
    Primal was a direct descendent of optimus prime, so in a way he was considered a prime and as far as the storyline goes, kabam considered him a prime! Hence the reason he was able to absorb primes essence and the matrixwhile they repaired primes head in the show after megatron attempted to kill og when he was in stasis....

I’m not referring to Cheetor at all, actually. All I’m saying is that Optimus Primal isn’t a Prime.

That's correct
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I was dreading the time when cheetor came...but he is transmeteled so I'm happy!!!
    Disappointed we won’t be getting his original form as I always preferred that one more.
    d8kgtvivq5qf.jpeg

I was prepared for original Cheetor (and would still like to see him...I think Original would have been a good scout and Transmetal woul dhave been a good Demolition) but when I saw it was Transmetal Cheetor I nearly lost my mind I was so happy.

I was so happy as well!
    willdorf wrote: »
    Great. Another scout.

There are currently 6 scouts, 6 warriors, 6 tacticians, 6 techs, 6 demos, and 5 brawlers... another scout like theres way too many already? It had to be another something...

That means the next bot is a brawler
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Manthro wrote: »

Actually.. no.

Cheetor on HA vs MV1:

I don't think so because I think willpower converts all but the first bleed, which is not inflicted by that special. Let's see how it works in the game or wait for Miike.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Great. Another scout.

There are currently 6 scouts, 6 warriors, 6 tacticians, 6 techs, 6 demos, and 5 brawlers... another scout like theres way too many already? It had to be another something...

YYYESSS... Especially since this prototype just got announced:

zi4c23wii3v8.jpg

YYYESSS..
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Even after getting buffed, Shockwave is given a hard time. Three anti-Shockwave bots in a row.
    Since Cheetor has no synergies with bots I use, he'll be a decent base annoyance. He won't be able to replace KickBack on my end.

I'm glad he wasn't the Demo bot though. It wouldn't be fitting in the slightest. Scout or Warrior would have been both fine choices.
  • GreyfoxEXGreyfoxEX Posts: 40
    I was a bit disappointed he is a scout as it is my least favourite class but I am so happy though I did just spend 5000 and I've been saving a while but I didn't get a single one I will not rest until I have a four star at the very least one my favourite Transformers ever!
    Doesn't really look like his transmetal form either really, but maybe they have a new toy on the way the looks like this a lot of the designs in this gamer based on the toy design looks so maybe don't get me wrong though I am so happy this guy is going to game finally I've been waiting so long.

Pity maypole got removed asking which out of the leaked bots people wanted most was just starting to get some good voice and got shut, as is already a book discussion thread apparently what's the reason at least I've been vindicated my post was there for a reason cheetor was coming people thought I was crazy lol
    Great. Another scout.

zi4c23wii3v8.jpg

YYYESSS..

And YYYESSS I completely agree it would be an amazing addition as the next bawler it definitely needs to be in the game, I've still got a feeling the next one is going to be tantrum tho (yes that's right the bull)
    On the subject of cheetor it's my birthday soon and my girlfriend Dad asked what I wanted and I chosen the mp34 masterpiece cheetor, sadly simply preorder it out of stock everywhere unless you want to pay ridiculous scalping prices no I mean out of stock everywhere, I did get the much bigger Optimus Primal so it's not like I can't complain I'm still incredibly lucky to get such an awesome gift but this really explains maybe why all of the MP 34 cheetor result out so fast ran in the grand scheme of things as much as I adore him he's not that popular not really not compared to other bots that are still missing from the game, but I'm not complaining I've wanted in there since the game started.
  • docslaxdocslax Posts: 1
    d8kgtvivq5qf.jpeg

I liked his original form too.. but he became so much more useful when he got flight in his TM form. I was personally hoping that it was his TM2 form though! He was a lot tougher by that point :)
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    Cool robot
  • Manthro wrote: »

Actually.. no.

Cheetor on HA vs MV1:

@Manthro is correct. MV1 will still be a viable counter to Cheetor on Harm Accelerator, but you're gonna have to be careful. If he places a bleed on you through his SP1, Willpower is effectively nullified for the rest of the fight. That said, if you avoid getting hit by the SP1, you're still gold!
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Let’s see what this flying kitty can do
    7a2qlhpeaqpc.png
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    So far he’s pretty cool, but with the range attacks you have to re-train your brain from sidestepping to going into a heavy, plus someone at Hasbro/Kabam had a Go-lion (Voltron) fantasy when making this design lol.
    ox28aldpohcu.gif
  • JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Thank you Kabam for finally bringing Cheetor to the Fight!
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    So far he’s pretty cool, but with the range attacks you have to re-train your brain from sidestepping to going into a heavy, plus someone at Hasbro/Kabam had a Go-lion (Voltron) fantasy when making this design lol.
    ox28aldpohcu.gif

The design is from Beast Wars (Season 2).
    Great. Another scout.

zi4c23wii3v8.jpg

YYYESSS..
    I'd like to se that Yesssss

docslax wrote: »
    d8kgtvivq5qf.jpeg

I liked his original form too.. but he became so much more useful when he got flight in his TM form. I was personally hoping that it was his TM2 form though! He was a lot tougher by that point :)
    transmetsl 2!?!? He was terrible he was more arrogant and he looked awful

Great. Another scout.

zi4c23wii3v8.jpg

YYYESSS..
    GreyfoxEX wrote: »
    Great. Another scout.

zi4c23wii3v8.jpg

YYYESSS..

And YYYESSS I completely agree it would be an amazing addition as the next bawler it definitely needs to be in the game, I've still got a feeling the next one is going to be tantrum tho (yes that's right the bull)
    On the subject of cheetor it's my birthday soon and my girlfriend Dad asked what I wanted and I chosen the mp34 masterpiece cheetor, sadly simply preorder it out of stock everywhere unless you want to pay ridiculous scalping prices no I mean out of stock everywhere, I did get the much bigger Optimus Primal so it's not like I can't complain I'm still incredibly lucky to get such an awesome gift but this really explains maybe why all of the MP 34 cheetor result out so fast ran in the grand scheme of things as much as I adore him he's not that popular not really not compared to other bots that are still missing from the game, but I'm not complaining I've wanted in there since the game started.

Just got mine today! Check out eBay, got mine for a little over MSRP.

ja1qym5fgivw.jpeg
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

ja1qym5fgivw.jpeg

Wow, it really does say Cheetus. I thought it was a typo in the other post.
  • FlyerFlyer Posts: 24
    Darm0k wrote: »

ja1qym5fgivw.jpeg

Wow, it really does say Cheetus. I thought it was a typo in the other post.

Its how the japanese version pronounced it actually.