Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Everybody Wants to be a Cat

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    So now it's three times I've been hit with an SP1 or SP2 while fighting a bot with the "All or Nothing" mod. Fix your game Kabam or explain it properly.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    So now it's three times I've been hit with an SP1 or SP2 while fighting a bot with the "All or Nothing" mod. Fix your game Kabam or explain it properly.

Maybe you unknowingly switched path after intersection node?
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    why is it such a bad thing to be hit by a sp1 on an all or nothing noce? If it was all or nothing you’d be dead with one sp3, Gosh people complain so much when we have things that benifit us.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    Tough wrote: »
    why is it such a bad thing to be hit by a sp1 on an all or nothing noce? If it was all or nothing you’d be dead with one sp3, Gosh people complain so much when we have things that benifit us.

Because if it's says ONLY sp3, you know baiting won't do any good and fight more aggressively. Then the mod (or it's description) breaks and you eat a sp1 or 2 that shouldn't exist.

That would be like the stagger mod malfunctioning and you getting stunned by a basic ranged attack instead of a heavy.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Shhhh. Don’t let Kabam fix it >:)
    Y2K wrote: »

Maybe you unknowingly switched path after intersection node?

Nope.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Wasp is torture.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »

You said this was in Expert mode, correct? Would you be able to tell us which missions specifically as well as which bots you were fighting at the time?
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    So G1 Bumble Bee takes out Wasp’s shield/heal and rips him to shreds. I just beat expert with a 4 star 4/40 Bee no issue.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290

You said this was in Expert mode, correct? Would you be able to tell us which missions specifically as well as which bots you were fighting at the time?

It seems to happen after that first sp3, as if the mod turns off after the special fires.
    Vavatron wrote: »
    So G1 Bumble Bee takes out Wasp’s shield/heal and rips him to shreds. I just beat expert with a 4 star 4/40 Bee no issue.

Yeah, I was expecting super scary, but my 4-40 soundwave didn't have any major issues.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Primal on the all or nothing mod, i was still able to bait his sp1 and sp2, dance around shoot a few ranged dance around some more nlock for asecond them heavy and he would fire his sp1
    The storyline of this spotlight mission is one of the worst, if not, THE worst one ever made.

Spoiler alert
    Cheetor went to New Quintesson because his "love interest" was in there. How did he know this? Waspinator told him, one of the dumbest Predacons who is an enemy to thr Maximals, yet he still believed him. His teammates tried to confront him but that idiot didn't listen to them and keep running away looking for Blackarachnia because Waspinator is way more trustworthy than his fellow Maximals. At the end, he decided to clash with the commander for not respecting him or something.
    It was THAT bad that I want to erase it from my head and shove this story to the Cheetors from every reality.

This story sounds like it was a fanfiction written by a 10 year old fan girl
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Yeah, it's getting pretty repetitive that you have keep pummeling the spotlight character just to make him 'see the light' as the only narrative to introduce the bot.

We never see anything from the perspective of the Decepticons.

The very first Primal boss for certain. The it happened a second time with Primal but not sure where, may have been in front of the Rhinox boss.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    The storyline of this spotlight mission is one of the worst, if not, THE worst one ever made.

Spoiler alert
    Cheetor went to New Quintesson because his "love interest" was in there. How did he know this? Waspinator told him, one of the dumbest Predacons who is an enemy to thr Maximals, yet he still believed him. His teammates tried to confront him but that idiot didn't listen to them and keep running away looking for Blackarachnia because Waspinator is way more trustworthy than his fellow Maximals. At the end, he decided to clash with the commander for not respecting him or something.
    It was THAT bad that I want to erase it from my head and shove this story to the Cheetors from every reality.

i didnt realize people read this stuff
  • KaygosKaygos Posts: 4
    edited May 2018
    Okay, ENOUGH. That's the SECOND time that " All or nothing " mod baits me.
    I swear, when you have a bad day, and just want to run the easiest path on MASTER and get BAITED by the game itself, it's probably the last thing you want in your miserable life, and I'm talking about my self when I say that.

Happened on first mission of Master Spotlight : on Kickback, as soon as he gets the power to fire sp1, he IMMEDIATELY fires it ( Even after, he's still repeating it). He didn't wait to get at least 1 SP3. No, he just destroyed me BY SURPRISE and continuously firing his SP1 ( at least I knew that the game was baiting me and could evade the next ones ).

Fix your game please ...

Edit : Same bait on Windblade, few nodes after, got power to SP1, fires it Immediately
    Second Edit : Still on the same path, same mod, Soundwave recks me.

Everyone, can we just assume that this " mod " is totally useless, and it's just a bait so we loose our focus and take advantage of it ? If it's the real intention behind this mod, it's probably the most twisted gameplay feature I ever played in my entire life.
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    The energon shield and wasp revive is a bad mix.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    edited May 2018
    Kaygos, have you considered that maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are. My teammates and I have got past that mod, to be fair it is a challenge. However, for all your complaining about it being unfair, I think you might be reaching beyond what you can grasp at the moment.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

Spoiler alert

Certainly could have been told a bit better, but Cheetor did have thing for Blackarachnia, and him and Waspinator had an ongoing feud in the show, so it works.

• KaygosKaygos Posts: 4
    WarCat wrote: »
    Kaygos, have you considered that maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are. My teammates and I have got past that mod, to be fair it is a challenge. However, for all your complaining about it being unfair, I think you might be reaching beyond what you can grasp at the moment.

I beg your pardon ?

See, that's the problem with people sometimes.
    Where do you see that I complain about the CHALLENGE itself ? I could, I could complain about it for hours and hours, killing that Wasp or that cheetor who can technically OS every bot on my team with just 1 combo and cost me more energon that you'll never be able to buy with your money in your entire life, but I didn't complain about THIS specifically.

What I'm complaining about, is the BAIT that the mod is doing. The fact that the mod clearly says that " Stores power until SP3 is ready " means ( obviously ) that he'll not fire any SP1 or SP2 until he gets his SP3.

So when you play with that in mind, you are not prepared to get that SP1/SP2 in the face without warning. No that's not even without warning, it's just that you are not prepared, you DIDN'T prepared yourself to get hit by SP1 or 2, you BELIEVED in thoses words that clearly pin point that he'll not fire any SP1.

So no, I totally disagree with those petty words you are trying to tell me, skills is when you are PREPARED for every danger that you THOUGHT in advance.
    When you fight your opponent with the assumption that he'll NOT fire any SP1 or SP2 because it is clearly INDICATED. This is not skill nor anything else, that's just purely bait and totally not avoidable.

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Already beat easy gonna do medium
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Already beat easy gonna do medium

Nice! Keep it up!
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ok so I spoke too soon. The Expert WASP is ducking ridiculous. Energon shield and 400% ranged damage. There's no way I'm going to be able to beat that.

Lol, wait til you see him in master. Add ranged shock damage to that list.

I seriously want to throw my phone across the room when I fight this ducker. Like this bhole is some sadistic dev's dream. I bet they were rubbing their hands together when they were making him. He's almost as bad as that MV1 prime with the ridiculous resistances or the Grimlock with the insane power gain whenever he blocked.
    Waspinator in Expert is already a pain in the @$$. I wonder how insane Master Wasp is
    edited May 2018
    Every time a Wasp gives headache to players, he gives it in addition to the fact that you have to kill him in one fight. You can't wear him down with revives/potions. One heavy, and 5000+ of your health is gone before you even realized what happened.

List of headaches since the launch of Expert
    Grimlock with defensive power gain
    Mv1 with focus frenzy
    G1 Megs with stagger and energon shield
    Soundwave with last ditch repair
    Wasp with ranged damage and energon shield

Surprisingly, none of them is the final boss in their respective month.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    I fought wasp in expert and had to revive one time. For me, cheetor is more pain in a$$. Cost me around 300 energon to beat that guy.
    edited May 2018
    DonApis wrote: »
    I fought wasp in expert and had to revive one time. For me, cheetor is more pain in a$$. Cost me around 300 energon to beat that guy.

Cheetor is so powerfully designed encompassing a lot of greatnesses: DOT, power control, repair block, evade (leading to a safe dash-in), power gain.

His sig is even amazing cos it nails his output regardless of enemy's damage reducing tricks. It shuts down enemy abilities along with evasion, meaning he can go nuke with much freedom. There's no sig which takes so many aspects into account at once. And you just have to wait for a bar.

So many tricks may seem cumbersome but no, you just fight like Windblade or Motormaster without worrying about charging, switching or laying traps, which are found in what Kabam gave us through previous Featured bots.

Nerf him already.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018

After a few tries, Cheetor does become predictable. Try to resist spending to beat him. There's lots of time to finish spotlight, just restart the path.
    Y2K wrote: »

Cheetor is so powerfully designed encompassing a lot of greatnesses: DOT, power control, repair block, evade (leading to a safe dash-in), power gain.

His sig is even amazing cos it nails his output regardless of enemy's damage reducing tricks. It shuts down enemy abilities along with evasion, meaning he can go nuke with much freedom. There's no sig which takes so many aspects into account at once. And you just have to wait for a bar.

So many tricks may seem cumbersome but no, you just fight like Windblade or Motormaster without worrying about charging, switching or laying traps, which are found in what Kabam gave us through previous Featured bots.

Nerf him already.

They’ll nerf the hell out of him after this Spotlight ends, you know what I mean