Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Everybody Wants to be a Cat

124»

Comments

• splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    Spotlight does feel especially sadistic this month.

As frustrating as Waspy was, he can arguably be ninja'd if you're willing to run the lines enough times to practice. By the fourth or fifth run, I was pretty efficient against him with Grimlock (bye, bye shock damage).

But Cheetor almost seemed like the fights just came down to luck. And I messed up my paths in expert, so I had to fight him an extra time. Once or twice I steamrolled him (to my own surprise), and a few other times he wiped out my whole team in like 12 combined hits.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I find Cheetor tougher than Wasp he's too goddamn evasive, he managed to kill off my whole team, what Waspinator couldn't
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    vlmw1f7pa3l9.png
    3ftu7r4qo0k1.png

Now that master is explored I have a couple things to say...

I never want to see Waspinator again in my life. I know that means Motormaster will just supplant him, which is arguably worse.... But still. Wasp is heinous with those mods.

For the love of everything holy please stop giving me t3 tactical sparks. I know it's random and it is pointless to complain, so just consider this venting, haha... these things aren't easy to come by, makes it a little frustrating.

Looking forward to the next evil mod combinations for next spotlight. This one was tough, possibly the toughest one yet.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Once again, the mods on these missions take the fun out of the game. When an opponent is dashing towards me and my shots PASS RIGHT THROUGH HIM like a ghost, something is wrong.
    Every month players complain, yet everyonth you toss out the same old recycles garbage and call it "expert" or "master" and say oh it's not for everyone. No it's not, it's for deep pockets.
    I've made it all the way to the last story line in Expert with 25% completion and so far so good, but I've started seeing things that should defy code....like an opponent triggering a special at 1% health as I hit him, going so far as to have the sound effect from my strike bleed over into the animation.
    Be creative Kabam, don't cheat. Were tired of it. Look at how mamy players you're losing.
    I'm sure I'm gonna get the regular group of naysayers that claim I need to "get better"...I can probably even write them on a list before I even post this comment, but the ones that agree are the ones who spend spend spend and keep the game broken.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Once again, the mods on these missions take the fun out of the game. When an opponent is dashing towards me and my shots PASS RIGHT THROUGH HIM like a ghost, something is wrong.
    Every month players complain, yet everyonth you toss out the same old recycles garbage and call it "expert" or "master" and say oh it's not for everyone. No it's not, it's for deep pockets.
    I've made it all the way to the last story line in Expert with 25% completion and so far so good, but I've started seeing things that should defy code....like an opponent triggering a special at 1% health as I hit him, going so far as to have the sound effect from my strike bleed over into the animation.
    Be creative Kabam, don't cheat. Were tired of it. Look at how mamy players you're losing.
    I'm sure I'm gonna get the regular group of naysayers that claim I need to "get better"...I can probably even write them on a list before I even post this comment, but the ones that agree are the ones who spend spend spend and keep the game broken.

Cheetor ghosting through your gunshots is the bot itself not the mods...
    What about Hound? Because that's the bot that was doing it.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited May 2018

Hound's precision ammo says it can't be evaded. Cheetor causes enemies shots to miss and if not, he evades.
    So, scenario 1: Cheetor ghost through, 2: Cheetor tries to evade and fails.
    I think you met scenario 1 unluckily.
    Y2K wrote: »

Hound's precision ammo says it can't be evaded. Cheetor causes enemies shots to miss and if not, he evades.
    So, scenario 1: Cheetor ghost through, 2: Cheetor tries to evade and fails.
    I think you met scenario 1 unluckily.

Dude you're missing the point. Cheetor was nowhere in the equation. Hound was the ghost.
    What? At the end of the mission they are changing its title?
  • BiomechronBiomechron Posts: 82
    Finally got passed Wasp for the last time on Expert. I thought I was through the hardest part but Cheetos is just ridiculous! Does anyone have any useful tips on him?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m currently working on my last two paths for 3.2 master. I was ok with Wasp (Mirage heavy can’t be hit by Wasp range) but Cheetor is a pain. My alliance mates told me 1) run when feral strike 2) fight him how you would fight MM, the sidestep and counter when MM goes unstoppable. It helped me get through Cheetor without having to revive or use items. Hope it helps you too.
    Everyone wants to be a cat???
  • The sudden name change is odd, but I can also confirm that Primal is broken on master level. Fought him with Megatron and he used his 2nd special (his power hadn't filled all the way yet once during the fight).
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

Yeah at some point the challenge simply becomes "how fast can you hit the buy button?" Used to be I got pissed at the AI flipping the god mode switch and snapping the game's code in two, now I just think of it like an old arcade cabinet. Eventually you hit a level where the devs simply programmed the game to separate you from your quarters.
    Still frustrating when you expect the AI to follow the same rules, but eh, it's a free game.
  • KaygosKaygos Posts: 4
    Actually, I already retired from the game, coming back from times to times.
    The master difficulty on this spotlight just killed me. You can't really call that " difficulty ". The last one was quite difficult but not " that hard " let's be honnest guys.

I'll not repeat what the others said, ( I agree with a lot of them ) I'll just add a " feature " if we can call like that, that I noticed. And this is the kind of feature that actually made me quit the game.

The best example I can give for that is, SP2 Prowl ( or scout shark ). When they gain energy for SP1, it's quite difficult to make them use it, actually you even have to brain them, so they fire their SP1. But, as soon as they get enough to fire an SP2. I swear to god, they use it IMMEDIATELY, why ? Because everybody who knows quite a bit about the game, know how deadly, quite unavoidable and punishing is, Prowl's SP2.

I noticed that multiple times on my countless failed run on Master difficult, and it's always the same, got enough to SP1 ? Have to be smart to make them fire it, have enough to SP2 ? Good luck if you don't have ninja skill to directly block or avoid it.

There is a lot that can be said about this game and how they manage difficulty, and it's quite sad to say that, it is prolly the most wrong way to increase difficulty in a video game. But hey, like someone said, it's a free to play video game, and they actually make money by increasing difficulty and making people buy revives and stuff, so why would they change that ?

Don't fall for it people, this game will sink sooner or later, don't waste your money on buying revives and stuff like I did, because one day they'll increase the difficulty and that day you'll hit a wall like I did. And you'll question yourself " Why do I keep paying if I can't kill it anymore " ?
    Think about it guys, it's your real money, and if you think you'll need to buy energon every single new Spotlight, just stop the game. It's not a way to play a video game, nor to live your life by wasting your money.

PS : And god knows how my love for the transformers is huge, but I can't let myself being dragged by the money sink that is Transformers Forged to Fight.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    I am wondering if the name change wasnt a hint to the next bot that showed up greyed out in bot roster with the update today
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Gunz0 wrote: »

cos a cat's the only cat, who knowssss where its at

ohhhh a rinky tinky tinky
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    This Spotlight is by far the hardest cause of bot/mod combinations especially in Chapter 3.
    Expert is hard for the players with R3 and R4 4* bots and Master is hard for everyone,no matter how many maxed out bots you have.
    Allthough if you have all 4* bots duplicated and most at rank4-5,you can find decent hard counters to most enemy bots/mods.

But I swear even if you have R5 4* max forged bots,you still need to play extremely well to finish it,without using too many items/energon.

Yup.Kabam will see the data from this Spotlight and prolly tune it down a little bit for next month.
    But do not be mistaken.Many guys cleared 100% Master,some using energon,some did not even used an item.
    Practice on the paths that give you the most trouble again and again.
    I personally got frustrated on some paths in Master Chapter3,but got it done after a few tries.
    One time i can solo 3-4 bots with 1 single bot without dying,other times i lose 2-3 bots on the first Shark.So it depends greatly on how you play at the given time.
    And nobody said,you have to clear all content 100% in the game or to quit, if you can not do it.
    Just do as much as you can/want.
    And just enjoy playing.Do not do very hard quests for you at the moment,rank up your bots.Come back and try next month/time.
    This game is very well balanced,only thing missing is more bots per month,daily/exclusive events like the Knight Crystal month following the movie last year....
    And the AW game mode of course.

Do not get me wrong.This month's Expert/Master Spotlight is very hard.
    But nobody forces you to do it if you do not enjoy it.Also how much time and/or money a given person spends on the game every day.

Kaygos I hear you my friend,but it is all up to you.Find a balance and try to have fun for yourself.It is never black and white.See the colours in between and find the ones you like the most.
    Also give constructive feedback guys and things might change in the future.
    Cheers.:)
    edited May 2018
    I've actually sent in a ticket about this, asking why it is how it is. I gave specific examples. Just today I've seen a Sharkticon scout trigger an sp2 with 1 bar of power and my Prowls sp2 pass right through him as if he weren't even there. I have yet to get an answer. I have given very detailed examples, yet zero response other than the cookie cutter "what device, do you have screenshots, etc" robot response.
    Btw, when I was actually making progress, my game crashed leaving Arcee at full life and Grimlock at half. It's going a tad beyond coincidence now
    I've actually sent in a ticket about this, asking why it is how it is. I gave specific examples. Just today I've seen a Sharkticon scout trigger an sp2 with 1 bar of power and my Prowls sp2 pass right through him as if he weren't even there. I have yet to get an answer. I have given very detailed examples, yet zero response other than the cookie cutter "what device, do you have screenshots, etc" robot response.

It's an excuse to show that they care
    edited May 2018
    I also want to say I did finish expert, exploration and all. Not sure if I've ever been so angry at a video game before.
    On the last 2 paths I witnessed Grindor evading during a combo, Sp2 passing through the green shark, ranged shots passing through Hound, sp2 triggered from 1 power bar from the green shark, melle strikes passing through both Hound and the green shark, evading after I sidestepped to strike...it was dash in/sidestep/evade/critical-critical-critical...
    Game crashing during progress... overall it seemed the most Godlike creature on all of FTF creation is the Scout Sharkticon. He defied more laws than any others combined.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Scout sharkticon is probably the most hardest shark I ever fight with.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481

“Cat” is old slang which was used to describe a jazz musician, like “that cool cat can really swing” Miike did his homework on this one.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited May 2018
    MaxBebop wrote: »

“Cat” is old slang which was used to describe a jazz musician, like “that cool cat can really swing” Miike did his homework on this one.

While you’re not wrong, the reference is even a little more direct than that:

‘Scatman’ Crothers who sung on ‘Everybody Wants to a Cat’, was also the voice of Jazz in the original Transformers series.

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    You mean he isn't a big fan of Aristocats? Damn, I was so sure it was a Disney thing
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Everybody Wants to Be A Scout is more like it, lol. :P
    Is Jazz Monthly Featured or Crystal Exclusive?
  • JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Jazz is a Featured Bot of the Month June