More overheating leading to lagging and freezing. Unplayable (iPhone 8)

iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 212
edited May 14 in Bugs and Known Issues
Every since the Cheetor mission update came through last Thursday, the game has been running horribly again. This is as bad as it was on my iPhone 6.

Phone gets REALLY hot, the game freezes (for 2-3+ seconds) during fights, general lag/low FPS, and unresponsive/sluggish controls.

Seems to be happening mostly in AM (map 3) and higher levels of the Cheetor mission (expert/master).

iPhone 8
iOS 11.3.1

Comments

• Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 118
    Having the same issues with iPhone 6 Plus.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 227
    Same unresponsive controls with iPad Pro and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Nathen14Nathen14 Posts: 25
    edited May 14
    Not sure if its the same issue or not, as I am using android. But noticed after long periods of time lately with the game on screen, especially while charging, the phone gets extra hot. So far a fix for this has been restarting the game after a few minutes the heat backs off
  • YoncemusPrimeYoncemusPrime Posts: 39
    This happens on my iPhone X as well. Seems to heat up slower if auto-fighting, but once it gets too hot you have to quit the game and let the phone cool then its normal. In some causes I found simply just pausing it for a bit helps too.
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 55
    having same issue with my iPhone 7. Gets way too hot, and when this happens major lag occurs, and drains the battery even faster than before.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 740
    edited May 15
    have u guys tried to backup your game data (using Kabam login), then uninstall + reinstall the game? It helps clear the game cache and makes the overall file size much smaller. Hence, fixing many odd issues in the process also (could be due to clash of files in the game?). Try it, notice it helps. I usually do so after 2 updates. Pushing past that will start notice heavy lag and crashes in the game, or some oddball issues cropping up.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 44
    edited May 15
    thanks @Davien. I'll give that a try.

With my Android, I can manually clear the cache/memory (though I've been getting more miss-commands since the update) but on the Iphone, you have to wait for the OS to clear and it tends to do it later than sooner. It's easier to just break the app when the lag starts (or after the lag fight) and restart it. I always restart the app before each raid and before I begin a AM pass.

iphone 6+
  • DavienDavien Posts: 740
    Voltron wrote: »
    thanks @Davien. I'll give that a try.

With my Android, I can manually clear the cache/memory (though I've been getting more miss-commands since the update) but on the Iphone, you have to wait for the OS to clear and it tends to do it later than sooner. It's easier to just break the app when the lag starts (or after the lag fight) and restart it. I always restart the app before each raid and before I begin a AM pass.

iphone 6+

iPhone 6+ isn't good enough for this game imo.. my previous phone was an iPhone 6S and it lagged seriously bad.

upgrade to an 8+ if you plan to play this game long. Totally worth the money. I'm anti iPhone X hence why I suggest 8+ XD
  • HumpyhampsterHumpyhampster Posts: 199
    I’m having the same problems as the OP. iPhone 8+
    I don’t bother posting much in this section any more. It just seems to be redundant and a waste of time. This set of issues has been going on for a looooooong time. It’s getting old
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 64
    The game devs give me the impression that they don't care about you the customer, just your money.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 227
    Can we get someone to look into this? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • Grendel_KhanGrendel_Khan Posts: 37
    I don't have too much of a heating problem, but it still crashes every other fight for me, mostly in the story mode (every fight, there). AM crashes are costing me major amounts of health loss. It wasn't so bad when my bots were low level, but my big 3 for the AM's are now 4*, and losing 6k HP in one crash to a bug that hasn't been fixed in a damn year is beyond disappointing. It crashes when I open crystals, upgrade bots, attempt to buy something from the raid store - literally in every aspect of the game at least once a day. As usual, an update brings stability for around two weeks, then it becomes nearly unplayable. This is the single most bugged game I have ever played, and I've been gaming for over 30 years. I have completely given up on any type of solution. I just take the crashes, bugs, errors, etc, as part of the game now. No fighting without reloading the app between each fight, avoiding the story mode almost entirely, and forever apologizing to my teammates for my affected AM performances. Whatta game.