Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena cutoffs

Alrighty, so we got to see what happens when you bring in the beta players into the non beta bracket, points rose substantially as most thought. My question is are their thoughts on increasing the prize pool. Or is it going to be one of these things where we just get told to try harder. And eventually with time we'll be able to hit the rankings. Cause atm, players who previously hit top 50 in 3* arenas and even threw up more points this time around didn't come close, even some beta players threw up sizeable scores and didn't hit it. Just curious if theirs any thing in the works on how to make this better. Or if it'll just be a beta arena for the next couple of weeks.

Comments

• AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    edited April 2017
    Ulkaur wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like a very large player base to me. Less than 3000 people ranked in the event. At almost a million points, I ranked 57, but fell into the 3-10% category.

Last arena, I ranked 40 and was still 3-10%, with 704k.

No reason to increase the prize pool when they have no active arena grinders. 3k is a poor number for a game they want to rival MCoC.

Lmao this game is like 2 weeks old it doesn't come close to "rivaling mcoc" the player base is actually very large for the time it's been out it takes time for people to develop their rosters into becoming eligible to actually grind in arena
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2017
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Alrighty, so we got to see what happens when you bring in the beta players into the non beta bracket, points rose substantially as most thought. My question is are their thoughts on increasing the prize pool. Or is it going to be one of these things where we just get told to try harder. And eventually with time we'll be able to hit the rankings. Cause atm, players who previously hit top 50 in 3* arenas and even threw up more points this time around didn't come close, even some beta players threw up sizeable scores and didn't hit it. Just curious if theirs any thing in the works on how to make this better. Or if it'll just be a beta arena for the next couple of weeks.

So a non beta player made top 5 in 4* at least 20 of the 50 in 3* are names I never heard of so odds are non beta players

Do you think any of top spots beta or not didn't use energon? If you want to win be prepared to win and do what it costs this isn't participation trophy game

Lastly on the very merger of brackets threads you said as long as non beta players made it in you would be happy and assume things were good but now your not?
    Totherkins wrote: »
    I don't think it's too unfair, basically bringing in the beta players allows more people to hit the percentage rewards. I think I said this earlier, but I'll say it again points for beta and nonbeta seem comparable. We will have a better idea of this when the leaderboard comes out on Sunday. If it's all beta and points are like 300k off. Then, we have something to complain about. Until then, I agree with Amano at least one non beta testing player will finish top 5, if not 2 or 3.

Oh and lastly this is a new bot never been offered before of course people are going to push harder than other bots
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I'm personally fine 4* arena, obviously you're gonna have to burn energon to rank in.
    The issue lies with some of the grinders that were able to hit top 50, now placed at top 200.
    My main question, are they gonna keep these at a low prize pool or will they expand.
    They just brought in 250+ players with stacked rosters.
    So for clarity, I want to know if theyes are planning on keeping rewards the same.
    I imagine they are, doesn't hurt to ask though.
    I'm fine with keeping things the way they are. Others are not, sorry for my post being confusing.
    And yup new bots, will always have higher cutoffs, I'm aware of how the system works.
    Well I know 3* most the top used energon as well, I know I did and I know others did as well, 3* are currently best bot in game since 4* ranking not feasible, and beta or new with crap rate on crystals I'm sure most people have 4-5 teams of 2* bots
    Yeah, everyone I know of has 5 teams for 3*. I guess their issue is people having 2*s maxed out. I don't know how many more points it gives as I'm not to the point where I have maxxed 2*s.
    Maxed 2* gives like 3k points tops per fight so if you have 3 maxed refill those when your using energon but not huge difference
  • KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    I gotta agree the cutoffs are getting a little crazy. Waspinator was at least 100k higher cut offer vs the first Ironhide arena for just the 1-2% prize. Hate to see what the top 50 cutoff was. I realize the game is new, but jeez.

I guess the lesson here is just use arena for gold and shards and not worry about winning bots. Saves me money.
    You can assume cutoff will always be 2-3x the last milestone
    edited April 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Maxed 2* gives like 3k points tops per fight so if you have 3 maxed refill those when your using energon but not huge difference

Ohh, that's not a huge difference. But, yup still working on my roster at 4 r3s should have 5 r3 and 1 r4 by the end of the week and hopefully get to focus, ranking up 2*s
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Ulkaur wrote: »
    No reason to increase the prize pool when they have no active arena grinders. 3k is a poor number for a game they want to rival MCoC.

It's not going to. Transformers doesn't have the same brand power as Marvel. It'll probably see a surge of popularity when the new movie comes out but it won't ever hit MCoC levels of business.
    It's big in Asia I think it will surprise a lot of players not to mention mcoc players looking for change ect
  • FarkasFarkas Posts: 63
    There are assumptions that are being made that here that don't really hold water.

Iron Hide arena had a max team of 5 Wasp had a max team of 6 except for 2 star arena. Which i hear no one saying the cut off changed very much in it is only the 3 and 4 star arenas. That alone contributes to a lot of points over the course of 3 days. So your placement last time was based on a max of 5 teams.

Wasp being a brand new bot got some people who don't really go hard in arenas going harder. I don't go very hard on most arenas anymore I hit when I can get a few milestones and accept what I get at the end. This time I put up a lot more points, I know I am not the only one who did this between beta players and some new players I talk with.
  • There were a lot of players in the middle tier who scored around the around the same number of points. The points GAP difference is not big. But 10k points difference could have made a big difference.