Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Potential future feature: Item/Spark/Gold gifting and/or trading

iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I would love to see this implemented.

I think this would make a great feature, especially within your own alliance, as everyone has to advance more or less at a similar pace so you can keep climbing in difficulty as a team.

For example I have a ton of extra T2 class sparks (I seem to pull T2 brawler sparks 50% of the time... what’s up with that?) that I would rather have someone get use out of rather than sell them for a measily 40 T3 class Essence, or use them on a bot I don’t want to rank yet. Just seems like a waste when there’s other members in my alliance who might benefit from them more.

I vaguely remember a ‘gift’ option showing up a few updates ago, but it was not yet functional and was removed.

Thoughts? Concerns? Polls? Jazz?

Comments

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    inb4 everyone jumps in and tells you why it's a bad idea and how ppl may abuse it, blah, blah. And I think you frequent this forum enough to refrain from asking this.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    But its NOT a bad idea. Other similar games do it. Heck, for special missions, I think it would be cool to pull a "ringer" from one of your alliance members, where you can borrow one of their higher ranking bots once per day/mission/fight etc.
    It would be fun to jump a friends base to maybe offer some pointers on bot/mod placement.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    An absolutely terrible idea for so many reasons that I'm not even gonna bother detailing all the ways it could be easily abused.

This is one of those requests that sounds like it would be great in theory, until it gets implemented and the player base takes insane advantage of it, resulting in a destroyed game economy, zero profits for kabam and even more of a gap between the elite and the mid range.

You think it's a problem now? Introduce trading and gifting and watch how insurmountable the gap becomes
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I want it be able to allow alliance members to gift AM energy to me. I always seem to be out at the wrong times.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Nathen14 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    An absolutely terrible idea for so many reasons that I'm not even gonna bother detailing all the ways it could be easily abused.

This is one of those requests that sounds like it would be great in theory, until it gets implemented and the player base takes insane advantage of it, resulting in a destroyed game economy, zero profits for kabam and even more of a gap between the elite and the mid range.

You think it's a problem now? Introduce trading and gifting and watch how insurmountable the gap becomes

Doesnt need to be.

Allow am items, maybe am energy to be donated to the alliance donation system and given to other alliance members that need it.

Gold, ore, things like that could be a problem, but would be fun, would allow ams to motivate players during am or alliance events.

Fix for gold/ore would be to set a limit to donate, a limit on the max the "bank" can hold, and maybe add an energon cost to either donate or to receive the payout.

Limit should probably be around 10k for bank, or higher but limit payouts to 10k. Also could add a 3 day cool down once a player recieves gold from the alliance bank before they can receive again.

Problems solved, newer and mid range alliances can become stronger and more motivated, more fun, nothing lost.

Some of you people are so negative and closed minded...and seem to have their own agendas...post something useful or not at all. Dont comment at all and your disapproval is already noted...you make the forum less useful always posting why you think something wont work..end rant

I have myself detailed (several times) the only way a trading ecosystem would work, which is a public marketplace policed by Kabam. Do a search, you'll see.

As for your idea on gold donations. That can easily be abused by creating multiple alternate accounts whose sole purpose is to farm gold. Once every 3 days the owner will take their main account, jump into their fake alliance, take a bunch of gold and jump back into their actual alliance. Do you realize how that will destabilize the progression rate and game economy? It would take all of 5 minutes to do this.

The fact is, they will not implement trading because there is zero profit to be had from it. In fact, it will only result in less revenue for them. They have to employ staff to ensure trading isn't being abused, to review every transaction.

Just because someone doesn't agree with an idea, doesn't mean it isn't useful feedback. Has nothing to do with "agendas" or conspiracy theories, or the illuminati.

A bad idea is a bad idea. Nothing more. You may not like hearing it, but that doesn't make it untrue.
  • Manthro wrote: »

...The fact is, they will not implement trading because there is zero profit to be had from it. In fact, it will only result in less revenue for them. ...

Agree.
    But if they add a let say 500 energon trade fee for T3C, they can gain.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Manthro wrote: »

...The fact is, they will not implement trading because there is zero profit to be had from it. In fact, it will only result in less revenue for them. ...

Agree.
    But if they add a let say 500 energon trade fee for T3C, they can gain.

Or they can “gain” by just selling the t3c to everyone
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    500 energon for a t3c from a class you can choose is way too little. Lol
    1000-1500 energon for a random class spark and 2500-3000k for a class spark of your choice sounds a bit more realistic.
    And temporaly gifting could be enabled during a Christmas week long event and then disabled again.
    But not gifting the items you do not need to your friends and vice versa or trying to abuse the system with duplicate accounts.
    Instead you need to buy the item you want to gift to your friend with your own energon.No gifting from your own stash should be allowed.
    All in all the devs have their time better invested in new game modes/content hopefully.
    Cheers.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    The only way a trading of bot system would be to have kabam police it, or have a system that matches your offer of a bot with a random player who is offering the other way. Only by creating a ‘random match’ could kabam ensure players don’t bleed multiple accounts dry by swapping their 2* from a ‘main’ account to farm accounts with individual 4*’s.

Only by doing that could they ensure complete transparency with trading bots, and doing the matching themselves. Player 1 wants to swap g1 prime for g1 meg, player 2 wants the opposite and has such a swap listed. Kabam informs both players (unknown to each other and completely random except for listed swap desired) and consents their definite desire to trade. Only then kabam could ‘sanction’ the deal allowing the trade.

It would have to be a ‘this for that’ system to work, as manually searching players who have something and don’t like the offers they receive would be quite off putting in a game that encourages grinding for rewards.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Did everyone miss the limits I suggested?

If someone wants to farm alts for 10k every 3 days..let em..

If your delirious enough to think anyone was suggesting let there be a willy nilly system easily abused, I dont think that was the OP goal or mine.

I mentioned ore, but think gold would be enough, and AM specific items, like heal and revive.

There couldnt be abuse or economy breaking results, and honestly more for weaker members of alliances where stronger would be able to help them out, rather then sell items or time them out.
    As for bots (not sure that was even part of it) thats rather simple too.

Allow players to trade 1 bot per 30 days. To trade costs 25 energon each side. Both bots must be same rank, max level. When bots are traded they lose all forge, rank, levels, and sig levels, basically making it like a newly opened bot. Trading for a bot you already own would either be blocked, or mistake you dont want to make.

Then the true goal and purpose would be to allow players to trade for bots one another need/want that they don't have.

Thanks for chiming in with your ideas. We’re thinking on pretty much the same wavelength here.

Silly me/us for assuming that people would understand that when I suggested this idea, that safeguards and limitations would have to be in place to ensure people don’t abuse the system. I thought that would be a given. I guess not..?

I don’t mind those who chime in about why they think it couldn’t work, but it’s completely dependant on the phrasing they use and wether they are opening up for discussion, or just being overly negative and a total buzzkill.

For what it’s worth, I knew Manthro was going to chime in on this thread and try to shut it down. We all know his MO by now ;)