Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alliance Missions Update (May 31 2018) Discussion Thread

Commanders! We've just announced our latest refresh of Alliance Missions that will kick off this week! For a complete list of what to expect, including an entirely brand new design for Ancient Sanctum, check out this post here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/5090/alliance-missions-update-its-time-for-the-beast-wars
Tagged:

Comments

• WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Finally!!!! Sounds good
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    Looks great except two major things I have issues with..
    1. Final boss being primal, you basically put the most restricting opponent bot in the game as final boss. Do we all need to bring ogmt or star scream to AM now? And stop using our bleeders shockers burners? Makes no sense.
    2. Focus power mod has been very imbalanced and random and just an overall bad mod and I'm very disappointed to see it is following us to the next map.

Also a question, what's a power conductor mod?
  • *playing Beast Wars theme*
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    (and for more experienced Alliances to aim for a higher difficulty level.)
    Wasp, Cheetor & Primal should be easier than the previous bosses? I think you were impressed by their performance in this month spotlight.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Does the mini-bosses change as you move up in difficulty for Shattered Lands? The mini-bosses we've battled were Gal, Soudwave and Starscream - not the listed Grim, Wasp or Rhinox.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    I think you all need to chill and see how it plays. There are answers for every miniboss and mod in the bot pool. Sure, Wasp is a pain as is Cheetor, but we have a map setup with the ability to assist our alliances mates. I'll take that trade-off.

Kickback will be useful for shock block

Primal/beast synergy in general, depending on what combination you bring with you.

UM, Starscream, G1 mega for Primal... Really, any tactician can deal with Primal, as can Cheetor, WB, Motormaster, and Shockwave.

• Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Sabugen wrote: »
    Looks great except two major things I have issues with..
    1. Final boss being primal, you basically put the most restricting opponent bot in the game as final boss. Do we all need to bring ogmt or star scream to AM now? And stop using our bleeders shockers burners? Makes no sense.
    2. Focus power mod has been very imbalanced and random and just an overall bad mod and I'm very disappointed to see it is following us to the next map.

Also a question, what's a power conductor mod?

OG works great vs Primal. Just make sure he always has atleast 3 armor buffs when you special him so he won't bleed.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    So I have some questions about the map layout. One of my alliance mates who plays MCOC says it will look similar to the layouts there but having never played MCOC, I do have a question about the new lanes.

So section 1 has 3 paths to take. Does this mean 2 guys per path to start with or will this look more like the first secton of the current map where there's a wall that bisects the map into two rooms with 3 paths on each side? Then the 3 paths on each side converge into the one Cheetor miniboss? It sounds like the former more than the latter, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, will there eventually be warning windows added that pop up before a player takes a lane to make sure that's the lane they want to take?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    TKO wrote: »
    Voltron wrote: »
    Does the mini-bosses change as you move up in difficulty for Shattered Lands? The mini-bosses we've battled were Gal, Soudwave and Starscream - not the listed Grim, Wasp or Rhinox.

Are you dumb? This thread is obviously talking about NEW upcoming changes. So OBVIOUSLY you weren't fighting the new listed mini-bosses

This guy getting the ban hammer like UM dropping that sp1
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Lmao shits dead shock block melee bleed y’all crazy :tongue: it’s a pisstake Kabaam main goal make the game as unplayable and boring as possible
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012

Are you dumb? This thread is obviously talking about NEW upcoming changes. So OBVIOUSLY you weren't fighting the new listed mini-bosses

Ease back on the name-calling.

He's asking if the old map has different bosses that change as you increase the difficulty. I haven't played Shattered Lands in over 6 months, but he's asking if Mike had possibly incorrectly listed Grimlock, Waspinator, and Rhinox as the bosses because the bosses he's fighting at his level on Shattered Lands are Galvatron, Soundwave, and Starscream.

I don't see how it can even be interpreted that he was talking about the new map that hasn't been played yet. We all suffer from critical reading relapses from time-to-time (I know I do), but going straight to hurling insults because one hasn't critically read someone's post makes one look foolish.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

And he was obviously talking about the OLD mini-bosses. Apparently you have comprehension issues.
  • Mufc14 wrote: »
    Wasp, Cheetor & Primal should be easier than the previous bosses? I think you were impressed by their performance in this month spotlight.

Easier on their own? No, but you're no longer taking these on in groups of 3, but as your entire alliance. Before, there were basically 2 different maps that only combined at the end, meaning you had 2 groups of 3 Commanders responsible for taking down the Minibosses on their sides. Now, all Commanders will be back together to take down Minibosses as an Alliance.
  • Voltron wrote: »

I may have had the wrong Minibosses... Let me check on that. But no, the Minibosses do not change!
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    So I have some questions about the map layout. One of my alliance mates who plays MCOC says it will look similar to the layouts there but having never played MCOC, I do have a question about the new lanes.

So section 1 has 3 paths to take. Does this mean 2 guys per path to start with or will this look more like the first secton of the current map where there's a wall that bisects the map into two rooms with 3 paths on each side? Then the 3 paths on each side converge into the one Cheetor miniboss? It sounds like the former more than the latter, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, will there eventually be warning windows added that pop up before a player takes a lane to make sure that's the lane they want to take?

It is the former. If you've ever played either the Shattered Lands or Forgotten Realms maps, it's more like those. You can double up on paths where some of your Alliance Mates might be having trouble, or to move faster one way or another, and then all meet up at the Minibosses.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Any update to rank rewards?
  • Thunderpg35Thunderpg35 Posts: 12
    This AM update sounds like a great time to introduce Beast Wars Megatron
    @Jay32 thats good intel, but still why force a tact and pretty much banish half the bots for a final boss?
    for me i'll be using my dream team of mirage prowl and arcee.. sure i can attack with prowl and mirage and take the long fight route but arcee is completely out of the picture.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Glad there is finally a change. It’s going to be fun watching everyone complain about Primal. Time to change the status quo of bleeds, deep wounds, and OG Prime.

It seems to me the map has been better balanced and the main boss made a little harder. Initially seems fine. For some Megatron was easier than the current minis which is definitely unbalanced.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I am excited for the update. Although it took 6 months, I am glad to see that the community’s feedback regarding 6 paths was listened too.

Given the track record here I don’t think I am being out of line by asking...
    Can you confirm this has been throughly playtested and is properly balanced and bug free? @Kabam Miike
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Would be annoying to see Primal heals back from Phase 2 to phase 1, is that possible?
    i agree the silliness of og prime needs to stop already
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    OG Prime is the new Blade. Not kidding, now you can't use Windblade, Drift or any non-armor breaking/piercing bots
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Mufc14 wrote: »

Easier on their own? No, but you're no longer taking these on in groups of 3, but as your entire alliance. Before, there were basically 2 different maps that only combined at the end, meaning you had 2 groups of 3 Commanders responsible for taking down the Minibosses on their sides. Now, all Commanders will be back together to take down Minibosses as an Alliance.

nice.. this is what we needed
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    You know what would be really cool? Is if you added a G1 Jazz to AM and made him a non-playable bot.
    you can still fight primal with all kinds of bots it just takes a while to go through that armor.. worse than grindor :-/
  • WraithWraith Posts: 34
    Will there be a new update to install or is the new map already included in the current version of the game?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

And he was obviously talking about the OLD mini-bosses. Apparently you have comprehension issues.

obviously.. :D
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    How many people started ranking up their Starscream?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Also, I’m curious why the map is still called Ancient Sanctum. When AS first came out, it was a completely new map from Shattered Lands so having a new name for the map fit.

This new AS map is also completely new from the old AS map. It’s not just a shuffling around of the bots (they did that with SL and understandably kept the name SL). Wondering why it wasn’t just giving a new name?

I’m sure there were alliances who were still on SL and were working their way to try some levels of AS. Now they don’t have the chance to try the original version of it.