Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Introducing: The Prime Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Davemented wrote: »
    I don't understand the purpose of the "reflecting shields" in the challenge. I've been playing with my six best bots and only Ironhide is affected by these. And even then, it's only his strong attacks which get reflected, which means he can't break shields when an enemy is blocking. That alone means it's not worth taking Ironhide along, since being able to penetrate a block is such a key aspect to combat. Are there more bots that are affected by this? Why even have a game mechanic that affects so few bots?

Projectile reflect is only on tacticians. You can still use Iron hide with other class.
  • Options
    Manuel1212 wrote: »
    Projectile reflect is only on tacticians. You can still use Iron hide with other class.

Ahhh, well that explains it. I don't have Mixmaster, so Ironhide is my only counter to the Tactician in each mission. I guess I might as well use anyone else then. :neutral:
  • Options
    1Pharaoh1Pharaoh Posts: 36
    I don't understand the purpose of the "reflecting shields" in the challenge. I've been playing with my six best bots and only Ironhide is affected by these. And even then, it's only his strong attacks which get reflected, which means he can't break shields when an enemy is blocking. That alone means it's not worth taking Ironhide along, since being able to penetrate a block is such a key aspect to combat. Are there more bots that are affected by this? Why even have a game mechanic that affects so few bots?

Reflecting shield counters ranged attacks. All bots are affected.
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430

All bots have light ranged. So it affects all bots... But to be more specific, Ironhide isn't the only bot with heavy ranged, there are many. And it's not on every fight so I'm not sure why you would flat out not take Ironhide.

It's obviously there because it is annoying and yes, it is meant to make you consider other bots to bring other than just smashing everything with your best bot.
  • Options
    Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that 7 people have finished all of the Prime Challenges so far! For one of the hardest pieces of content that we have released yet, that's pretty impressive! Congratulations to you guys (we're not gonna say who just yet :wink:), but this still leaves 3 places for a special shoutout!
  • Options
    Manuel1212Manuel1212 Posts: 10
    Miike,

Are you giving additional rewards for the first 10 to finish? I hope you do because a shout out doesnt really mean anything and is not helpful in game progression.

• Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    stingy event by Kabam... purposely made the 3* event super hard so only few players can clear them. 4* is super hard i get it.. but why make the mid tier one hard as well?
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I honestly don't get the reasoning behind such content after the game is on the market such a short time. Personally I would suggest working on content that can be played by the majority of players first, then focus on end game content that can be finished by a whopping 7 people.

I'm currently at the alpha 1 wall with 5 3/30 characters and of as now, there is hardly anything to do anymore in the game. And I'm not a hardcore player, just someone who started day one of offical release and has been playing 1-2 times a day so far. That I reach "the end" of the content so quickly isn't a good sign.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    You have only 5r3 and your complaining nothing to do? There is about 19 bots in game now you have plenty of bots to work on everyone needs to quit assuming you have to have r4 for everything or even anything. This is a grinding farming game that's designed for progression and sadly if your already not liking it might not be game for you, because there will always be a progress wall
  • Options
    NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    I'm with you zapper. Why spend 100 bucks on the prime challenge when you get get 400-500 alpha shards a day for 50 energon.

The nodes that they should not have put in are the nodes with the power gain and the +40% armor that stacks. There are no power lockers (like magik) that stack yet so you cant beat the power gain node unless you spend a lot of money. If you don't have op og or a bleeder you cant take down the armor buff node either.

It is early in the game and they should want people to continue playing the game instead of quitting. I came over with a bunch of high level people from MCOC (3 r4 5*'s or more) and there are only 4 left because they don't want to play the long haul again. It's a shame because I think this game has more to offer then MCOC. just my two cents though.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Zapper wrote: »
    Personally I would suggest working on content that can be played by the majority of players first, then focus on end game content that can be finished by a whopping 7 people.

This. I get why they have broken op end game stuff for the whales and hyper gamers, and it's even sorta fun seeing how far I can get before being curbstomped, but that niche was already filled by Legends of Cybertron.
  • Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    @Nightchris how and from where can i get 400 alpha spark a day from 50 energon i dont see any thing that can you tell me?
  • Options
    Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    I agreed with all of you none of the Player who start after worldwise is able to complete it except those who spent.as kabam mike state 7 ppl complete it i bet 5 or 6 Player are from beta who have r4 3*.there is no meant of such hard content when game is only 1 month old.
    As kabam mike state its our choice which difficulty we choose.but what about those Player who got become strong after completing these this event is only made for strong beta Player and who spent much
  • Options
    Spidey076 wrote: »
    @Nightchris how and from where can i get 400 alpha spark a day from 50 energon i dont see any thing that can you tell me?

Raiding. Save up until you have three raid tickets use them all and you might be under the 18k threshold. then use 10 energon to refresh and you will get over the limit. Do this 4-5 times a day and it will add up
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Miike,

So who where the top 10 finishers?
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    You have only 5r3 and your complaining nothing to do? There is about 19 bots in game now you have plenty of bots to work on everyone needs to quit assuming you have to have r4 for everything or even anything. This is a grinding farming game that's designed for progression and sadly if your already not liking it might not be game for you, because there will always be a progress wall

1. I don't have access to 19 3* bots only around 9 and I'm not buying premium bot crystals since they are basically a scam. Investing resources in 2* bots is also a waste since they are already useless.

2. I don't need more then 5 bots that are leveled, since I only have 4 slots. Leveling another 3* bot (even though I do it of course, because why not) doesn't help me advance in the game.

3. "Designed for progression" is clearly not true since as soon as you hit "the wall" (currently alpha sparks) your progression comes to a full stop. This game (as well as mcoc) is not designed for progression, it's designed to hinder progression and extort money for progression.

4. The later is fine for me, but they are currently overdoing it and people around me are loosing interest fast (Especially the active players because the hit the wall way faster then anyone else). In MCOC when you hit a wall, there is plenty of stuff to do. This is not (yet) the case with Transformers and instead they created end game content that can be played by 0% (legends of cybertron) and not even 1% (I bet Transformers has more then 700 players) instead of closing that gap.

5. Stop white knighting and ignoring the problems this game has. Not going to be great if all those filthy casuals loose interest in the game because progression is so slow you are going to be alone in this game. In the german global chat there are currently 15 active people (I counted them). Even if only 10% of players use the chat, that's not good.
    If you just finish 1 fight group in AQ every day on the easiest setting (Map 1, level 1) you will rank 1-25% with your alliance. Does that tell you anything about how active people are in AQ...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So your hindering your progression because you "only" need 5

And arenas have thousands of people ranking so I'm pretty sure there are more people playing than 700 lol

People complaining not enough content, content too hard, I won't raid cuz that's stealing. Every person with that mindset is not fully experiencing game.

With arena raids am story prime ect I don't have time in day to keep up with all content. I still haven't fully explored act 3
  • Options
    Yea well reading isn't your strong suit, so let's leave the discussion there, but I assure you that I'm experiencing the game to the full extent.

Also fully exploring act 3 is pretty hard right now, since only part 1 has been released. And when the rest is released, good luck doing that with 3/30 3*. In 3/1/1 the opponents are already 1400+ PI that's going to be really simple further down the road going on with 3/30 bots. Better get your wallet ready.
  • Options
    You all are too funny about wallet comments 1200 pi bots were beat in act 2 in beta with r3 2* bots they actually lowered difficulty for global .
    obviously the game model isn't for everyone and if people don't like it so much quit instead of assuming kabam going to rewrite the game for them.
  • Options
    Yea well that's what I was going on about right? People quitting the game, global chat being dead, alliances giving up because their members are bored. But whatever, I'm obviously talking to someone who would rather be alone in the game enjoying their godlike skills.
  • Options
    Zapper wrote: »
    Yea well that's what I was going on about right? People quitting the game, global chat being dead, alliances giving up because their members are bored. But whatever, I'm obviously talking to someone who would rather be alone in the game enjoying their godlike skills.

Zapper you are spot on. Like I said the first day this isn't the marvel universe with a ton of fans. Hopefully kabam changes stuff or the game is dead in a couple of months.
  • Options
    Prime Challenge was made for beta testers to beat it.
  • Options
    Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to let you all know that 7 people have finished all of the Prime Challenges so far! For one of the hardest pieces of content that we have released yet, that's pretty impressive! Congratulations to you guys (we're not gonna say who just yet :wink:), but this still leaves 3 places for a special shoutout!

2 days now the event has ended and still not shoutout.
  • Options
    DarkmantisDarkmantis Posts: 19
    Hey Everybody!

Kabam is waiting for the 7 credit cards to clear ;)
  • Options
    Hey Everybody!

Mi
    Hey Everybody!

Is this ever happening???? first of all you made a mistake by saying we will get 10k alpha essence after we finish the 4* challenge then now special shoutout (which really mean nothing) haven't been done. I dont believe 1,000 players finished this so it wont be that hard to figure out who were the top 10. There were questions asked on this thread that you have ignored. Been a while since you last made an update post on this thread. You haven't been performing well and I believe its time to compensate the players that spent money just to finish this challenge immediately.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hey Guys,

Yes! It is still happening! We do have a list of players that completed the event, but are going over each one by hand to ensure that no funny business took place. This isn't a quick process, but we're working on getting the final list together ASAP.

We're very sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Any news on how much longer the delay will be?
  • Options
    How hard is it to finalize the top 10 finishers when you already know the top 7 2 weeks before the challenge ended? I hope its not only a shoutout you guys are preparing.
  • Options
    campcomiccampcomic Posts: 18
    Is there another challenge coming anytime soon?
  • Options
    campcomiccampcomic Posts: 18
    @mike Is there another challenge coming anytime soon?