Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The AI’s sudden uncanny special attack timing ability

I’ve noticed after a recent update that the AI started having this ability to launch a special right in the middle of my ranged attack and/or dash in attack. There have been many times where the comp and I are at this standoff and as soon as I shoot a ranged, the comp will special attack through it.

Sometimes when I connect with a ranged and dash in, the comp will counter with a special. Other times I’ll side step a ranged, counter with my own (sometimes hits, sometimes blocked), dash in, and then get hit with a special. I don’t think my timing has gotten slower...

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Ok... So... What's the problem? I regularly intercept my opponent with specials, nothing strange about this... Bots are impervious to basic and heavy attacks during specials. It's not a new ability on the update.
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    Manthro wrote: »
    Ok... So... What's the problem? I regularly intercept my opponent with specials, nothing strange about this... Bots are impervious to basic and heavy attacks during specials. It's not a new ability on the update.

While I have to agree with manthro that's normal as I do it to the AI myself at times it did come off a bit harsh toned but to each there own I guess I'm sure you will get some kinder toned replies
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Not saying it’s an impossible move, I do it as well. I’m just saying I’ve never experienced the AI doing it this much as compared to before.
    Also, as I said in the title, it’s the special attack timing. Maybe I should have left the word ‘ability’ out since some folks wouldn’t know that the ability I was referring to was the timing.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    PyrusPrime wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

While I have to agree with manthro that's normal as I do it to the AI myself at times it did come off a bit harsh toned but to each there own I guess I'm sure you will get some kinder toned replies

Lol, didn't mean for it to sound harsh :D Tone doesn't come through well on text.

I just suspect @Darm0k has recently upped his difficulty in both AM and perhaps trying master spotlight a bit more in depth.

Those of us that have been at higher levels for a while have experienced the ninja special attack intercept for a long time.

You learn not to over extend and get greedy after a while, hahah!

There's specific scenarios where the AI will ALWAYS intercept, and you become accustomed to it, sometimes even baiting them by attacking a certain way on purpose and turning it into an advantage.
    I don't recall getting hit with it as often in the Cheetor master spotlight -- then again I was only doing the easy path. Well, I'm only doing the easy path in the Jazz one too. Maybe they shifted the AI over from the other paths.

Hmm... however, I'm also getting it in the arenas...

I am picking my spots a little more carefully now though.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited June 2018
    As far as AM is concerned as you go up in difficulty, this is a sign of an AI spike when the AI intercepts a heavy with a sp1. The next is when the AI blocks your interception of doing it. They don’t do as often with sp2 but sp1 is a definite.

This is absolutely apparent in Master difficulty once you finish the first set of missions. Good way to get out of getting hit is not use as many heavies when the AI special 1 is charged
    Okay, I've never had the pleasure of getting hit with a special in the middle of a heavy yet. Not looking forward to it.