Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

App crashing causing KO

This must be some new bug that showed up with these changes, but now during a mission I would select a bot at 100% HP to fight and select start, during the loading screen the app crashes so I restart the app select continue to resume but the bot I chose is now knocked out, same with arena fights just now I won a round and as the KO displays the app crashes, resume my game and my bot lost the round and I lose the points, what's going on? I run iOS and I'm not sure if it's the game or my device but I would get these random crashes every so offten at least 3-4 in an hour, what's going on Kabam?

Comments

• Same happens to me on Android. The app used to simply deduct some hp from the bot for it getting beaten up before you force close the app, but now it simply kills it off...
  • im getting this 1-3 times per hour as well.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    edited April 2017
    they probably enabled some rule to discourage people from killing the app when losing fights but failed to factor in crashing.

They did this during beta and you'll lose 50%hp per crash. But removed it after awhile since their app was just unstable... looks like they enabled it again with heavier penalties.
  • Hey Maxbebop! Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums to let us know what's going on in your game! Just to let you know, I have moved your thread into the correct forum section to help keep the forums clean and organized.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Ok so I did a little test by force closing the app, and it looks like it's only happening in the prime challenges, closed the app before the fight started, resumed and 100% HP bot is KO, started the fight and won then closed app, resumed and bot was KOed. It's not occurring in the regular story missions and I hope it won't happen in the alliance missions, but prime challenges seems to have this bug, app crashes or closes, dead bot. I know it's unfair to force close to try the fight again but what if we have to close the app when real life comes into play like a phone call or having to put device down or away to do something else?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2017
    This is intended function of the difficult challenges to keep people from exploiting the force close function sadly the stability is still an issue so it does hurt people with those issues

Pausing game other than in AM can be done indefinitely well until connection breaks
  • Well sai, Mustangjon. If the game wasn't crashing so often, this would be understandable. Until the game is more stable, this is a horrible thing to inflict up your customers.

I played through the six chapters of part 2 of the 2* Prime quests this morning and had five crashes. Still completed them ok, but if that had happened in a more difficult part of the challenge...

Point is that I hope Kabam will remove this feature until they can release an update and gather feedback about whether the crash issues have improved.
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    This is intended function of the difficult challenges to keep people from exploiting the force close function sadly the stability is still an issue so it does hurt people with those issues

Thought the same. If the app was not so crash-happy on my device it would not even affect me.
  • So happy to know it's not just me. My game crashes every fifteen minutes or so and it's been making the prime challange that much harder. It's still insanely frustrating to win a fight, only for the game to crash before it fully loads and loose it, or when the bot had full health only to be k.o.ed by a game crash; but it's nice to know there's at least a reason for it.
  • D1abl088D1abl088 Posts: 1
    Not just this, but my problem is that I can usually fight thru 1 battle, then, after the battle, while it's loading next screen, app crashes. I can almost always only get thru 1 battle before the app crashes...dunno why that keeps happening!!!