Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Grimlock

I would like to know how to play well with Grimlock, I saw some players saying that playing well with him to do it cause a lot of damage, I duplicated mine recently and wanted some tips on how to play well with him

Comments

• PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited June 2018
    Hes a good all around bot for all classes not just warrior's any bot that does dot is no match for a duped king of the dinobots he can be played as ranged when needed and jump in to melee range to ground and pound the enemy into scrap metal. He's great on raids as most folks have learned to put a tactical bot on a harm but he can punish them just as easy I love my Grimlock he's my main goto bot for raids and AM so play with him and learn his timings for his attacks and he will serve you well
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Everyone thinks you need to "get hit" to play properly with Grimlock.

No.

His ability is a failsafe against damaging debuffs... For instance.. shock block or Rhinox shields. You can basically ignore shock block using Grimlock.

Fighting BC, you don't really have to worry about taking bleeds on Crit hits, since they will purify immediately.

In every other instance, his ability just covers up any mistakes you make in battle.

Once you do have attack buffs, just keep refreshing them with a heavy attack. They stack to the point where you will cause massive damage with every hit if you don't let them expire.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Agreed, he's perfect for raids as he not only minimizes Harm Accelerator like MV1, he outright negates it and even gets a little buff for it. His burns do good damage at high rank, and he's just an all around beast that can tank most hits and laugh. He struggles against bots like Starscream or Galvatron that can lay down instant burn/shock, and taking full advantage of Dino Rage takes some timing (heavies and S1 are your friend) but that's pretty much it.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    He's great for pretty much anything except reflect lanes. And like Motormaster his hit box can get a little wonky sometimes when you're trying to sidestep+counter. It's almost like his reach is too long or something; it's weird. But other than that he's a solid choice for a brawler.

I can get his heavy burns and sp1 burns up to 300+ DPS against warriors, which is nice, but there's also stuff like this that you can do too in game modes like Legends of Cybertron if the conditions are right:

0a09yhfw0hu9.png

Granted that doesn't happen very often, but you can still get a decent amount of melee stacks (10+) if you know how to play him right in non-LoC game modes.

I'd still like to see something more from his sp2 (chance to stun would be nice) but it's still an OK special.

• PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    Dam 52 stacks very nice!

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Pros:Fun to use
    * DOT suppression.
    * His heavy has low recoil so you can keep in close range for meaty attacks.
    * His heavy ignores all damage (for one hit). So if you have trouble dodging some specials (Prowl, Shockwave, Mix's sp2), just hold and trigger a heavy on the last hit.

Cons: low output. You'll quickly notice his output is so low without buffs. So your endgame is keep heavying to refresh the buff stacks. That requires a lot of attention.