Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Would you prefer shorter AM refill timers?

Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
A lot of us are grown up with full time jobs, a baby/kids, wife/girlfriend and as it is, have to try and squeeze this game into our hectic schedules. Now you throw in different time zones and it's hard to coordinate even if you arrange it.

Can we have this shorter timer be permenant please? Anywhere from 30-40 minutes instead of one hour. It's just not very practical.

I'm at work making this fyi lol

Would you prefer shorter AM refill timers? 109 votes

Yes
94%
InqoslyiuJacobManthroJKLMegaKuppCakeMattCJohnimusUlkaurDeadSilenceJacko1211TyberiousVouterMeshatariJoker69ArkhambatFaithz17Docholiday321Gunz0seeker1321BlogZmogis 103 votes
No
1%
KillMasterCFlrsbw 2 votes
Undecided
3%
GochaBROInsanecloudPhatBoy123PapitoRico 4 votes

Comments

• MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    Yes
    In before Manthro comes in to put you down for this request. ;-)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No
    No. I prefer unlimited energy, point.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yes
    Sure, why not
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yes

Lol, my infamy precedes me.

Of course everyone wants shorter timers. I suspect the 30 minute timers may end up being permanent anyway.
  • Yes
    Hell, I’d be happy if they knocked it down to 45 minutes as a compromise. One hour is just way too long
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Yes
    No. I prefer unlimited energy, point.

This is not going to happen anyway ;):D
  • 70gn370gn3 Posts: 1
    Yes
    30 Min is grate
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    Yes
    Definitely YES to the shorter timer. It's only during these Kabam apology moments that we actually have fun in AM now a days. With shorter energy timers, we have a reason to stick around a while longer and focus on other in game challenges. But the one hour timer, omg thats a real headache. . . One person doesn't show up for AM or shows up a bit late then it feels like ages to reach the end of Map3. . .Moving from one section to the next itself takes 2 energy which is 2hours. That's totally not the definition of fun unless you start an alliance restricted to a specific timezone. . . .The game must be suitable for the global player pool and 30min timers help a lot.
  • Yes
    Unlimited energy would be great. Get everyone in together and hammer it out. Seems like there's nothing SA gains from dragging it out the whole day.
  • Yes
    Lol... there always gotta be that one guy that says no
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    Yes
    Like said above, the shorter AM timer actually keeps people around to play other game modes while waiting to move up.

It also makes you check back in more frequently because other players might have moved a fair bit while you were away.

AFAICT, there's no benefit to the hour wait, and only upside to shortening the recharge permanently. I doubt Kabam is really selling enough AM recharges to make the status quo worthwhile.
    Yes
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Yolotron @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Custos Just incase you missed all the requests and YES above, please consider. . . . .
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Yes
    There is zero reason to have AM timers at one hour, please keep it at 30 mins
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Yes

LMAO!!!
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Sure this sounds nice
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Yes
    This poll has enough votes to be considered statistically significant.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited July 2018
    here's what I don't get - the 1 hour timer has always been absolutely fine on Mcoc. Map 6 was the first time it became a bit tricky. The 1 hour timer forces alliances to plan and work together, the 30 min timer takes away time as a challenge in itself. It's hard for me, being our BG's main boss killer as well as in a time zone different to everyone else, and was even harder when I played in the top alliances, but I think to have a 30 min timer also takes away the teamwork and planning aspect, which will only serve once again to weaken the community and communication aspect.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing with the 30 min timer because it takes the pressure off but it also doesn't feel like a challenge and it doesn't feel like playing as part of a team
    Yes
    @DaveJL sorry to say this buddy, but there has to be someone in every poll who comes up with a statement that supports Kabams choices.

If you like the 1hr timer, you are obviously in an alliance that has a lot of people who live in the game or at least people who are in similar timezones. But there are a majority of other alliances where the members are separated by over day and night time differences. Also if you have tried Map3 then you obviously know how long it takes to reach the end without buying energy. Let me put it in easier terms, even with the 30min timer, the fastest completion of one of the BGs in my alliance doing Map3 was with only 8hrs left on the clock. Then imagine the difficulty with the 1hr clock.

We do complete all three BGs every time, so it's not a matter of inactivity of the members, but what good is planning when one guy is asleep, the other is at work and you are the only one in a timezone where it's evening. 30min timers like you said reduces the stress and the number of times we have to sneak out of office to clear a node. Challenge and pressure should be in the fights, not on the time it takes to get to each fight.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    DrkPrinz wrote: »
    @DaveJL sorry to say this buddy, but there has to be someone in every poll who comes up with a statement that supports Kabams choices.

If you like the 1hr timer, you are obviously in an alliance that has a lot of people who live in the game or at least people who are in similar timezones. But there are a majority of other alliances where the members are separated by over day and night time differences. Also if you have tried Map3 then you obviously know how long it takes to reach the end without buying energy. Let me put it in easier terms, even with the 30min timer, the fastest completion of one of the BGs in my alliance doing Map3 was with only 8hrs left on the clock. Then imagine the difficulty with the 1hr clock.

We do complete all three BGs every time, so it's not a matter of inactivity of the members, but what good is planning when one guy is asleep, the other is at work and you are the only one in a timezone where it's evening. 30min timers like you said reduces the stress and the number of times we have to sneak out of office to clear a node. Challenge and pressure should be in the fights, not on the time it takes to get to each fight.

so you had 8 hours left? Assuming all 6 members were at 0 energy, that is still 16 moves each before AM even finishes. A lot of paths double up, so it doesn't take much - it just takes planning and communication.

I didn't say I liked the 1 hour timer, I simply said that it has always worked elsewhere (and here as it happens - alliances are obviously still finishing) and that by removing it or reducing it, would take away the planning, communication and team work aspect of AM.

The majority of people like it because it takes away the stress and it makes it a lot easier in many aspects.

I agree that the fights should be the challenge mainly, but the timer adds another layer of challenge that cannot be achieved through fight difficulty alone.

As it happens, I have been in active alliances and inactive alliances and casual alliances. Sometimes finishing is a problem yeah, but it's usually because someone just doesn't show up regardless and a reduced timer wouldn't have helped. Also, being from the UK, I'm rarely in a timezone that works well with any other teams. I just try and plan my day, and it only takes a few mins to log in and make a move.
    Yes
    Totally agree to everything you said @DaveJL but the thing is that to double up on a path, they need to be awake at the same time or work at an office where sneaking out in between is easier . . . . .there is this guy in our alliance who's office does not allow phones. . . . .so there are all sorts of people playing the game and AM is the one thing in the game that still has a spark. . .the feel of teamwork. . . I felt our alliance did much better with a 30min timer so I want that awesome game play to stay.

I understand that 8 hours is a considerable time (16 moves with 30min timer but just 8 moves on a 1hr timer), but dragging the mission all the way to the end for a last minute completion kinda makes the mission feel like a office shift time we wait to get over. Plus we end up with no energy to join the next AM.
  • KoliKoli Posts: 22
    Yes
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    Can you please make it 30 minute timers permanently. It's not fair to people in different time zones it's really hard to coordinate with work juggling the wife and kids, a lot of us are grown ups not young kids.
    Yes
    Mike?
    Yes
    No response? At least consider 40 minutes if not 30.
  • Yes
    YES PLEASE!!!
    30min timers are awesome it really helps!
    As specially when you have guys on your team who live in another country
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Yes
    30min is awesome because you finish the alliance mission faster!!!
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    Yes
    Another vote for yes
  • DexDex Posts: 1
    Yes
    Definately please!!
  • Yes
    Yes we need it
  • KoolKoalaKoolKoala Posts: 1
    Yes
    Definitely.