Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

No rank 5 for the next monthly objectives

The monthly objectives have been great. However, I got stuck at the taking Jazz to rank 5 one. Had two t3 class crystals to open too, but the RNG didn't favor me and I didn't get a scout spark. As such, I can't complete all monthly objectives and miss out on that nice extra one. Maybe if it's like the daily one where you only need to complete 7 out of the 8 (monthly would be 15 out of 16)?

Yeah yeah, I know. I'm just trying to be hopeful here.... o:)

Comments

• No I agree the rank 5 milestone is counter productive. Spend a t3c crystal to get 3000 t3c scout shards...lol why
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    No I agree the rank 5 milestone is counter productive. Spend a t3c crystal to get 3000 t3c scout shards...lol why

It's 5000 essence total, not 3000. You get a refund of 50% of what you spend. I'll take that every time if I have the t3c to do it.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Because the rewards include 1k 5* shards... don’t care much about the awakening program.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    No I agree the rank 5 milestone is counter productive. Spend a t3c crystal to get 3000 t3c scout shards...lol why

It's 5000 essence total, not 3000. You get a refund of 50% of what you spend. I'll take that every time if I have the t3c to do it.

If you don't spend a t3c , you get 2000 essence.
    Spend a t3c ,and get 3000 essence it's basically 3/10 refund.
    I'll do it too! But not for essence... For the awakening program And 5*Shards
  • Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104

Absolutely +1
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89

i don't often disagree with what you write, but you're wrong. You get 2000 essence for r4-ing the feature bot, and that doesn't cost any essence at all.

You have to spend (effectively) 10,000 essence to r5 the feature bot, but you only get 3000 back. Is it worth it? Maybe. But you aren't getting half of your outlay back, you're only getting 30%.

It's fine if you're swimming in sparks, but if you're close to getting your first T3C of a specific class you may manage it by ranking the feature bot to r4 - but then you have to choose between whatever you already have (maybe a max-forged r4 from your roster) or ranking the feture bot up but finding yourself then 5-7000 essence short for your existing bots. And for those of us just started to reach the magic 10000 class essence mark it's very frustrating, as we either choose to miss out on rewards or delay (perhaps indefinitely) upgrading our top, favoured bots.

I can see why Kabam want to do it (to force us to rank and use the newer bots), but it's quite discriminatory between those at the top end and the rest of us.
  • Thank you, I was wondering why people.are getting confused on this math. You are spending an entire 10k essence, for the reward of 3k. It makes no sense unless you actually really like the featured bot.
  • And those of you saying you want the 5* bot. What good is a 5* if you cant take it at least to rank 2, and you need 2 t3c for that. So yeah keep losing 7k in essence every month and see how long it will take you to rank up those 5* you're swimming in
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If T3Cs are more valuable to you than 5* bots are, then just use the T3C on your preferred bot and forgo the 1k 5* bot shards. Build up your R5 4* team first.

Players that are building up their 5* rosters now have already long maxed out their 4* team. Exploring master and expert spotlights give like 2 T3C and you can get 1-2.5 T3Cs from AM every month. Not including the deals that occasionally include T3Cs as well. R2-ing a 5* bot isn’t the issue, it’s R3 (need T4B).

Depends on what stage of the game you are at. Should everyone be able to hit all the monthly objectives? Personally I think it should be a bit challenging to achieve it, that you get there either by doing harder content or $$$. Doesn’t make sense that every Tom **** or Harry would be able to hit all objectives without some kind of effort. There’s already daily calendar for participation rewards.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

I know what you’re saying, but as some others kinda sorta pointed out, I think he was separating the essence rewards you get from the other ranks because you don’t have to use a t3 scout. I was hoping to get one from a t3 crystal, but no luck. The 3000 from getting Jazz to r5 would have gotten me pretty close to 10000 essence.

I didn’t like this objective coming down mainly to luck. I think most people would have to rely on opening a crystal for this. Even AM rewards gives you crystal shards so you still have to roll the right spark after forming a crystal — and I don’t know how many AS crystals you’d have to open to get enough essence.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Because the rewards include 1k 5* shards... don’t care much about the awakening program.

I could’ve gone for that awakening program. I’m looking at my unduped Windblade going, “I’m sorry, I tried....”
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    edited July 2018
    A 5* is pointless if you got no t3c essences to rank up.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    A 5* is pointless if you got no t3c essences to rank up.

Yet a lot of ppl are jumping to get them the quicker the better. They:
    * mine more gold
    * give more arena points
    * have leadership buffs
    * help you feel you are not left out