Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Will 2* arena return?

Im guessing due to Grindor being available in pbc that you guys merged the 2* arena in with the 3*. So what i want to know is when there is a NEW bot arena will there be a 2* arena again? Like to know cause i forge my 1* bots but keep some to try for the 2*.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, the 2-Star Bot Arena will not be making a comeback. They existed in the beginning, but after adding the 4-Star Arena, we wanted to progress up in what the arenas can offer.
  • Options
    SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    Thanks for the quick reply miike. That good to know and i can plan my forging better now.
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Unfortunately, the 2-Star Bot Arena will not be making a comeback. They existed in the beginning, but after adding the 4-Star Arena, we wanted to progress up in what the arenas can offer.

That's kinda bad. 2-Star Arena was the chance for new players to shine and get nice rewards. Now that you have merged both Arenas, hitting a good score it'll be twice, even triple as difficult I dare to say.
  • Options
    PistolakyPistolaky Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    So far you guys do everything you can to stop me from playing and buy stuff in your game.
    First away missions now this. Im fairly new to this game my team is weak and i spent all my resources on 1 star bots to get better stuff on the 1 star arena and work my way up... then you remove it.
    They existed in the beginning"
    What??? This game is like 1 month old. How about new players that start RIGHT now? You build your game around group of elite players that got everything in 2 weeks. I cant even attempt 3 star arena cuz i will get rekt past 3x multiper bc the dificulity is insane and my bots arent maxed out yet. All my hard work and resources has gone to waste. Luckly i was able to get 2 star waspinator before this BS update but thats it. Remove 1 star bots completly form the game theres no place for them atm cuz 2 ores and 100 gold im getting from dupes r not worth the unfair grind in the new arenas.
  • Options
    SkubSkub Posts: 28
    edited April 2017
    Oh wow what? Why would you get rid of the 2* arena? There were already super limited chances for players to get new bots, the waspinator crystal didn't make a return when the second round of arenas went up either, and the top prizes are limited to a very small portion of the player base. I was apparently in the top 10% for one of the arenas last time and still didn't get Waspinator.

Yet you're going to go ahead and further decrease the already very, very limited number of prizes? The 1* arena at that. The one that people are going to have the most chances at playing and enjoying? The easiest way to gather more resources in the game? Why? Where is the sense in that at all?

What incentive do players, new players especially, have if they aren't already one of the the teams that can make it to the very tip top of the arenas anymore. Because last time it was largely just an overlap of the same few people earning those bot prizes. There's no reason to roll on crystals because you guys have already announced you're planning to keep the general pool updates six months or so apart. There's no reason to try for arenas because those are dominated by the same people already and if you haven't rolled enough 2* or 3* bots to run multiple teams all day long there's no point in trying at all now that the 1* arena is gone.
    Pistolaky wrote: »
    Remove 1 star bots completly form the game theres no place for them atm cuz 2 ores and 100 gold im getting from dupes r not worth the unfair grind in the new arenas.

I'm with this guy. If you're not going to let us manually upgrade our bots, you're not going to let us fight them in a low level arena and ramp up the story difficulty and every event so fast that they're outclassed within the first few battles, let alone stages, why bother keeping them in the game? They are utterly useless and only serve to dilute the roll pool. They are worse than rolling a 2* duplicate at this point.

EDIT: before I forget and the edit timer runs out;

What does this even mean?! "wanted to progress up in what the arenas can offer" What? How in any way does having the 2* arena stop you from progressing the arenas?
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Because people waste resources on 1* bots that are worthless I'm guessing is reasoning about the progression thing, newer players would be better served spending resources on 2 or 3
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Because people waste resources on 1* bots that are worthless I'm guessing is reasoning about the progression thing, newer players would be better served spending resources on 2 or 3

Then why do 1* bots exist if the game, and developers, acknowledge they're worthless.
  • Options
    Forging
  • Options
    PistolakyPistolaky Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    But forging them does like nothing. You dot even get the shards while forging 1 star bots.
    They should have stated earlier that 1 stars r dookie instead of baiting new players to play 1 star arenas and waste their time and resources in game. They did the same with mcoc 2 star champions
  • Options
    You can use 1* in 3* arena as well and it's at worst a few weeks worth of progress you guys will survive
  • Options
    Yeah but i can use 2 stars there when i beef them up so whats the point. Some of us dont have all day to grind so "few weeks" is alot. Inb4 they merge 2 stars and 3 stars like in mcoc for no reason.
  • Options
    Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    Progress???? Mike I'm level 30 and no four star bot and only 4 3 star bots and now take away more chances of getting more. I guess where I'm from we smoke different stuff
  • Options
    It's hard to compete if you don't have the bots ... I have a ton of 2* bots and got a couple of them from 2 * arena Ironic!
  • Options
    KinsonKinson Posts: 20
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    It's hard to compete if you don't have the bots ... I have a ton of 2* bots and got a couple of them from 2 * arena Ironic!

You don't need 2* arena to build up your 2* roster. In beta only 1 person per arena got the 2* bot, not the 250 that they implemented for global release. The vast majority of us got ours through PBCs which you can get via shards.

Keep playing and you'll catch up and be able to compete for the top spots. You may even get lucky and land some 3/4* bots from the PBCs.
  • Options
    Kinson I know the game and how it works I've made top 200 5 times in areas been playing three weeks and at level 30. Less than 5 bucks of real money spent. And I'm level 58 on coc. My point is I play way to much and I still don't have enough of a team to be competitive. What about all of the other players that don't have the time to put into the game that I can. Doesn't seem right to me
  • Options
    So casual players should have same rewards and advancement of hardcore and whales?
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    Kinson I know the game and how it works I've made top 200 5 times in areas been playing three weeks and at level 30. Less than 5 bucks of real money spent. And I'm level 58 on coc. My point is I play way to much and I still don't have enough of a team to be competitive. What about all of the other players that don't have the time to put into the game that I can. Doesn't seem right to me

I log in twice a day, sometimes three times, and I may not rank in arena but I stay leveled up for missions and most raids. Just gotta be content where you're at and know that games like this either require much of tiempo o mucho dinero
  • Options

I don't understand this. Does this mean they are getting rid of the arena that uses two star bots? Or is it the one star bots and it was called the two star arena.

No flame...Im within a week here :D
  • Options
    It's the one you could win 2* bots instead you can use 1 and 2* bots in the 3* arena now and 3 and 4* bots in 4* arena
  • Options
    It's the one you could win 2* bots instead you can use 1 and 2* bots in the 3* arena now and 3 and 4* bots in 4* arena

Thanks for the speedy reply Jon.
  • Options

So casual players should have same rewards and advancement of hardcore and whales?

No not what I'm saying at all should be diffent bracket longer coc is at least a month .... I mean really what would it hurt for players to pick up an extra 2 or 3* bot or 2. Or Maybe 3 or 4 . It's not like their getting 10 4* bots or something crazy
  • Options

No, but they should be given some kind of rewards and advancement for their efforts. It seems like miserable game design to not give your players anything cool if they don't constantly pay and play for hours a day. Very few successful games do things like that because it hurts player retention, very few people want to linger around and give money to a game that demands money rather than encourages you to spend it. Unhappy customers are more likely to go on to tell other people about how bad the game and its service was leading to less people checking it out in the future.
  • Options
    All the milestones and the shard rewards for rank isn't getting anything? Not to mention arena chips for gold and energon
  • Options
    Okay here i go into something I shouldn't...again.

I have been playing less than a week, i work 60 hours a week roofing, I have most of the two star bots about to progress my main team into the third rank, just need a few more days of Tier 1 doodads from raids.
    I bought the 1.99 deal and the 4.99 deal. mainly to support game and gain the exp buff.

The game is one month old, the developers are not. I watched some you tube vids by iNightSkies. He told me not to waste time one 1 star bots. I didn't. I feel for playing less than a week and putting my nose to the concrete, placing in the 11-25% bracket in every arena I've been in is incredible, and not because I am skilled, not because I spent money, but because the developers have given me enough to achieve this...for free.

I'm level 22 btw if it matters and getting into chapter 4 of act 1, 100 percent through all others up to this point.

Why should I as a new player think that I deserve top spots, competing with those who have played since January?

Why as a player in general should I think I know more about the player base then the developers who have access to the mined data from their servers?

I have opened at the minimum 10 premium shards, much more i believe, all for free. Obtained what was needed to grow.

Why would any of us complain about these things at such an early date in the game?

How to know drop rates will not increase, or any other numerous things the devs could have planned to have this game succeed for newer players?

I am also certain investors would not be foolish enough to back a failing idea or company, nor do I think the Transformers brand would be foolish enough to do so.
    You can use 1* in 3* arena as well and it's at worst a few weeks worth of progress you guys will survive

These kind of comments just get over looked, he clearly has been playing the game for quite sometime to be leading of one of the top alliances; if you don't like what the devs say, and you don't like what experienced (not necessarily more than you) players have to say, what will you like?

Maybe you (as in general) are the problem.

Take care people.
  • Options
    Well said shadow and the whole unhappy customer thing is a crock I run a multimillion dollar store myself and I've done so for many years and long ago came to conclusion you cannot and will not please every customer, so threats of quitting on the forums ect by a few isolated people is going to get nothing accomplished, as well if these guys all got feature bots or whatever then it would be complaint about raids or am not being fair ect.
  • Options
    Or that they do not have enough resources to upgrade. To true my good man.
  • Options
    FilvasFilvas Posts: 9
    edited May 2017
    Aw, I really liked 1* Area, I could feel good despite not being that far =(
    It was also the primary income of new players

We do at least keep 1* Mod arena, right?
  • Options
    ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    edited May 2017
    1* Mod arena is currently going yes.

Not certain about future of it though, sorry couldn't be more help there
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I am also certain investors would not be foolish enough to back a failing idea or company, nor do I think the Transformers brand would be foolish enough to do so.

I agree with all the other stuff you said, excellent points about player entitlement and comparing.

One thing though, the transformers brand, they don't care. If you pay money for the license that's all they need. There's been many epically failed transformers mobiles games. Legends, Rising, Battle Tactics.. legends being the worst offender by far, tarnishing the Transformers brand. This was primarily due to the company and how they ran things, who have since closed down their American branch (unsurprisingly).

• Options
    ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    Terminal wrote: »

I agree with all the other stuff you said, excellent points about player entitlement and comparing.

One thing though, the transformers brand, they don't care. If you pay money for the license that's all they need. There's been many epically failed transformers mobiles games. Legends, Rising, Battle Tactics.. legends being the worst offender by far, tarnishing the Transformers brand. This was primarily due to the company and how they ran things, who have since closed down their American branch (unsurprisingly).

Good Information, thank you for clarifying.

My assumption was based, on two things, good business practices, and information from developer on interviews with different mags.