Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why isn't 5* worth 100,000?

massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
If the increment of cost associated for featured is 3* - 10,000, 4* - 100,000, 5* - 1,000,000

Then why isn't the payout of chips 2* - 100, 3* - 1,000, 4* - 10,000, 5* - 100,000?

50,000 just doesn't make sense according to the progression and the cost to get a 5*. It's not like 5* crystals are easy to accumulate anyway.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I tend to agree here. Needs to be an adjustment made now that 5* features are available. Would make far more sense to have the chips payouts follow 10x multipliers across the board.
  • StealthIsDeWaeStealthIsDeWae Posts: 45
    edited July 2018
    Well i agree in a sense, @massimo51 , but wouldnt that also make 4* and 5* too hella easy to get?? Lowering the costs that low to me seems a little too much. I suggest maybe lowering the price for 5* to 150-200k, 4* to abt 75k, and keep the 3* the way it is. Thatll make it a bit easier to obtain them, while you also have that feeling of grinding for it.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I just pulled a 5* Waspinator off the Headstrong crystal. I didn't get 50,000 of anything!

Also, I kind of agree about the payout multiplier, but the only problem with that is that pulling a 5* (rare as that may be), with a payout of 100k chips means you can score a 4* (or 4* dupe) basically for free. And, while I've seen maybe 3* bots get thrown around as a prize for this or that, I've never seen that with 4* bots. Especially if that means also getting a monthly objective at the same time also. That may be just too much extra stuff for pulling a 5* bot.

A way to keep the value is to maybe change the bonus from a 5* pull to a token instead of a stack of chips. Have the token discount the price for a 4* bot by 50% (equal to 50k worth of chips), or have it discount the 5* purchase by 10% (equal to 100k worth of chips, but no "free" 4* to go with your 5*).
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Since you were expecting bot chips, I'm assuming the Waspinator you pulled from the crystal was a dupe? I would drop a note to support and see if they can credit your account.

As for the payouts, yeah, a 5 star dupe should give you 100,000 bot chips (based on the multipliers). For those who say that gives a free 4 star featured bot (for the first one), when you pull a 4 star dupe, you get enough for a 3 star featured bot (10,000 chips) -- 3 star for a 4 star dupe; 4 star for a 5 star dupe.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I just pulled a 5* Waspinator off the Headstrong crystal. I didn't get 50,000 of anything!

Also, I kind of agree about the payout multiplier, but the only problem with that is that pulling a 5* (rare as that may be), with a payout of 100k chips means you can score a 4* (or 4* dupe) basically for free. And, while I've seen maybe 3* bots get thrown around as a prize for this or that, I've never seen that with 4* bots. Especially if that means also getting a monthly objective at the same time also. That may be just too much extra stuff for pulling a 5* bot.

A way to keep the value is to maybe change the bonus from a 5* pull to a token instead of a stack of chips. Have the token discount the price for a 4* bot by 50% (equal to 50k worth of chips), or have it discount the 5* purchase by 10% (equal to 100k worth of chips, but no "free" 4* to go with your 5*).

Was it a dupe or not
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    My mistake, no, not dupe. I was just too excited pulling a 5* and 4* at the same time off the new crystal, and wasn't thinking clearly about it.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    Could a mod weigh in to help rationalize why everything else increments at 10x value except for the chips payout of 5*?

I know u guys read everything. So ignoring threads isn’t cool. Just trying to understand the reasons.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well the 50,000 chips were very fine when there weren't any 5* featured bots. With introduction of these 5* featured bots, they should fix it to 100,000
  • BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    I have to agree here. The payout of 50k chips is disproportionate compared to the payout from the other levels. Either increase the payout to the appropriate amount of 100k or lower the chip cost to acquire a 5* featured bot.
  • 1 mil is crazy! Yes 5* dupe should be worth 100k no doubt about it.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    Cool. The thread has momentum. Am not the only one that feels this way about It.

What does it take to get a response from a mod?

The rationale makes sense, so i am guessing there is no good reason, other than making it fair would be bad for business. Unless there’s another reason that a mod would like to shine some light on, we can assume that is it. When logic trumps the company’s reasons, mods avoid commenting. If I’m wrong, then I apologize, but this thread has been open long enough to get some kind of response from a mod by now.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    massimo51 wrote: »
    Cool. The thread has momentum. Am not the only one that feels this way about It.

What does it take to get a response from a mod?

The rationale makes sense, so i am guessing there is no good reason, other than making it fair would be bad for business. Unless there’s another reason that a mod would like to shine some light on, we can assume that is it. When logic trumps the company’s reasons, mods avoid commenting. If I’m wrong, then I apologize, but this thread has been open long enough to get some kind of response from a mod by now.

they claim to watch and lurk, so maybe a few more days