Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tantrum Heavy attack

Tantrums heavy attack doesn't go across the whole stage like Primal. It's useless to heavy with him because they just stay back & dodge it.

Comments

• use it after a melee chain to disengage. dont snipe with it.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    use it after a melee chain to disengage. dont snipe with it.

This!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yeah, Tantrum plays funny. Not sure he's going to be any use at all
    Especially with all the whiffed attacks and charging... he relies on it and it's unreliable
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I had one battle against Tantrum in the arena. Kinda know what you’re talking about. His attack range seems to be on the shorter side. Special attacks too.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Okay, I take part of that back — just faced him in spotlight. I guess his S2 has some range. I guess I got lucky in my arena battle in dodging it.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well, if kabam is going to fix this,, please do it after I finish Master mission, it give some xtra survivability to us.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Soundwave has a heavy that doesn't go across the entire screen and it's plenty useful.

Considering Tantrum is an inside fighter, you're gonna be close more often than not, so his heavy *should* be fine for his playstyle.

It's day 1, give yourself more time to adjust to his game mechanics.

The heavy attack mechanic is fine - but the rest of it is utterly terrible! The problem being is you can only get a melee buff by charging, and the only way to create space is to dash back, at which point you lose your buffs. If you just try and charge in, you're getting dodged or hit. The AI doesn't seem to back up much, so the only way of playing him as far as I can see after the first attack combo is to end on a heavy. That gives you room to charge again, but chances are you are getting hit or dodged. At some point you can trigger unstoppable to get another combo in, but after that you're kind of stuck. All whilst taking damage, so don't expect to play him well and come out with a lot of HP.
    One other thing - Tantrums heavy isn't a ranged attack either, so you CANNOT meet an enemy ranged attack with it
    @DaveJL ,, Well you can get unstoppable by blocking and sidestep then ranged and then dash. That's ensuring way if not getting hit.
    @DaveJL ,, Well you can get unstoppable by blocking and sidestep then ranged and then dash. That's ensuring way if not getting hit.

you can't sidestep up close. There is a slightly more viable way of playing him that I am figuring out, but it's really hard
    DaveJL wrote: »

you can't sidestep up close. There is a slightly more viable way of playing him that I am figuring out, but it's really hard
    I meant when you are little distant and want to engage dash,then sidestep followed by two ranged and immediate dash
    edited July 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »

I meant when you are little distant and want to engage dash,then sidestep followed by two ranged and immediate dash

no need to sidestep, just fire ranged shots and dash...

doesn't matter though - you still get countered.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I don't think you will get hit if you do a heavy to cancel your 4th melee hit. Enemy either take the heavy or dodge it (in VERY rare chance some AI counters a melee heavy with a special). Then you block until the unstoppable appears to maintain the buff.

But since the buff is keen to lose as long as you're not unstoppable, don't aim at keeping it all the time or stacking it to 10, just explore it mildly when it suits you.