Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Request for Graphics options

If anyone remembers me, I'm the guy that had the insane crash issues and quit the game for 2 months. My phone updated and now I'm crash free which has been fantastic and just in time for this months bot that I want this time. I still don't oppose looking into the matter though because I can't be the only one that went through that.

I do have a topic to bring up about frame rate and overheating on some devices. I've noticed iPhone users experience lag and overheat and this is because the game is being run at more graphic detail than Androids. I have an Android for mine and it doesn't look bright and colorful but it also never heats up at all and its battery life is unaffected. I do however experience a bad fps when fighting in the most common stage, Sea of Rust and it's gotten worse recently. If there was a way we could reduce the level of textures, lighting, and shadows in the game, it would improve these issues for those experiencing them. I personally haven't seen graphics options on mobile games I've had so there may be some kind of the reason I'm unaware of that's preventing it.

Otherwise, the game's development seems to be moving in a good direction, and it's good to be back.

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    There are a bunch of these threads — and so far, all pretty much without an official response other than what device and OS are you running yadda yadda yadda....

Well, here’s to hoping... however, I think Kabam doesn’t want to implement it because almost everyone will dumb down the graphics to the lowest tolerable level. And then all the screen shots posted and videos up on YouTube will have the lower graphics making the game seem of lower quality (although it’s not really).
  • SysshockSysshock Posts: 22
    I recently updated my iPhone x to v12beta os and it gets warm but it is not getting super hot and lags. I plan on pushing it harder sometime today. Usually raiding will heat it up to unplayable by the end of the 2nd run.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Sysshock wrote: »
    I recently updated my iPhone x to v12beta os and it gets warm but it is not getting super hot and lags. I plan on pushing it harder sometime today. Usually raiding will heat it up to unplayable by the end of the 2nd run.

That is the stage I'm at. By the end of the second raid it's too hot
  • Already asked for that too.
    Give us control on how much details / effects we want / can afford.
    Please @Kabam Miike
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    The only help I’ve found is turning on low power mode. It has helped some, but not completely. The tech supervisor I talked to at Apple Technical support said it was an issue that could easied by adding a low graphics option. The real fix would be finding and repairing the memory leak, which is the actual problem. That’s right, a memory leak. One that shows up on the data logs I let my phone keep, and let Apple download and review when I’m having an issue with my phone. So it isn’t an unconfirmed problem, it’s real. I called yesterday to find out if there had been any other complaints about it. There have been a lot of complaints about performance issues playing Forged to Fight with Apple’s flagship smartphone. The sad part, nothing will get done about it, and posts like mine will get deleted.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Darm0k

Probably more than I think. I've been gone for so long. Still, if the topic is brought up enough, perhaps its importance will become apparent. It also wouldn't hurt to make other stages than just Sea of Rust appear in special missions. I mastered expert so far and every fight is on that stage. Story missions are more diverse.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Well, here’s to hoping... however, I think Kabam doesn’t want to implement it because almost everyone will dumb down the graphics to the lowest tolerable level. And then all the screen shots posted and videos up on YouTube will have the lower graphics making the game seem of lower quality (although it’s not really).

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of previously. Still, that door can swing both ways, because personally I'd rather turn the graphics up a little, because my Note 8 has no problems running the game in its current android form, so I could afford to dial it up without losing much in performance or heat management. I'm sure there's lots of other android players that would feel the same.