Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

ROK: could Primal with. sig. ab. 15 stand Bonecrusher? And what about Grimlock with. sig. ab. 20?

Hello guys, I am looking for some important suggestions about ROK.
I still have neither of Primes, so I don't think I will keep forever waiting for pulling mv1 Prime in order to do ROK...
I have 2 chances: duped Grimlock 4* or unduped Primal 4*.
How is Grimlock against Bonecrusher? Is his purifying enough to contrast bleedings? I can take his sig. to 20, if this really improved his skills. He is still r4 for now, but I could take him to r5, if he is effective.
And what about Primal? He is not duped and r4 for now, but at least I could awaken him giving the only one purple t3c I have to Tantrum (and take his sig. ab. to 16). And then, in the future, I could wait for another t3c to take Primal to r5.
Please, I am looking for some serious suggestions about the thing. I have only one brawler t3c, so I have to manage it carefully before giving it to Tantrum, Grimlock or Primal.

Thank you so much in advance!!
Purplemamba82
Tagged:

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Grimlock would be the best counter to BC out of those 3 imo, he shrugs off bleeds faster and hits quite hard with melee buffs on. He still takes a little bleed damage, but I doubt that'll be enough to kill him.
    Primal's not so reliable without Beast Purification, his healing ain't gonna recover the amount of health he'd lose from bleeds. 10 stacks of crit armor can significantly reduce the bleed duration, but keeping them would only extend the fight for even longer since Primal hits like a pillow without those melee buffs.
    I don't have Tantrum yet so Idk how long and easy he can keep his buffs.

If you don't want to use Beast Purification team then use Grimlock. I may not be a fan of him but I have to admit he's a better DOT slayer than a synergy-less Primal
  • Grimlock does fairly good against bonecrusher but I don’t know how strong bc’d bleeds are in ROK so i cant tell you how much damage he will do before he purifies. Another note I don’t think a higher sig grimlock purfies quicker than a low sig. I just think it increase the melee damage buff. I don’t find an unduped primal good against BC because if he crits, you will be in a lot of trouble. If i were you I wouldn’t consider doing ROK yet. Not until everything is max forge and max rank. But MV1 will do you a big favour if you get him.

P.S i’m not sure if you can trust what i am saying as i have not done ROK. This is just based off my general knowledge.

Hope you the best in completing it
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Grimlock would be the best counter to BC out of those 3 imo, he shrugs off bleeds faster and hits quite hard with melee buffs on. He still takes a little bleed damage, but I doubt that'll be enough to kill him.
    Primal's not so reliable without Beast Purification, his healing ain't gonna recover the amount of health he'd lose from bleeds. 10 stacks of crit armor can significantly reduce the bleed duration, but keeping them would only extend the fight for even longer since Primal hits like a pillow without those melee buffs.

If you don't want to use Beast Purification team then use Grimlock. I may not be a fan of him but I have to admit he's a better DOT slayer than a synergy-less Primal

And don’t forget to use the beast purification you have to use your heavies which means bye bye to armour buffs
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    You can also use ironhide or rote megatron if you take away crit from masteries
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Your main issue will be mirage and grindor. Which grimlock is best for mirage and grim has to be duped. Grindor you should use a tact even max forge 3 star bee. I used mirage and it took me thousand plus hits against grindor.
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    Your main issue will be mirage and grindor. Which grimlock is best for mirage and grim has to be duped. Grindor you should use a tact even max forge 3 star bee. I used mirage and it took me thousand plus hits against grindor.

Totherkins, I don't have any issue with Grindor, because I usually beat him easily using Tact Megatron.
    I didn't fight against Mirage yet, because till now, without energon, I only got to Soundwave. :)

Maybe you're right about Mirage, I think that Grim would be so precious against him.
    Thanks
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

Grimlock does fairly good against bonecrusher but I don’t know how strong bc’d bleeds are in ROK so i cant tell you how much damage he will do before he purifies. Another note I don’t think a higher sig grimlock purfies quicker than a low sig. I just think it increase the melee damage buff. I don’t find an unduped primal good against BC because if he crits, you will be in a lot of trouble. If i were you I wouldn’t consider doing ROK yet. Not until everything is max forge and max rank. But MV1 will do you a big favour if you get him.

P.S i’m not sure if you can trust what i am saying as i have not done ROK. This is just based off my general knowledge.

Hope you the best in completing it

Thank you for your precious and accurate recommendations.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018
    If you play the long game vs BC with Primal, and maintain a a full stack of Crit armor, you will absolutely demolish BC in ROK.

I didn't even use the beast purification synergy for him. I kept a full stack of armour so that all the bleeds would expire extremely fast.

It turned out to be the correct strategy, and by the end of the fight I had taken so many bleeds with Primal, that the bleed I was giving to BC using my s1 was ticking at ALMOST 700hp per second.

at the time my Primal was also Sig 15
  • BeejimanBeejiman Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    It may be obvious, but don't forget you get 3000 t3c brawler essence if you use your spark on Tantrum. And perhaps a 4* brawler awakening program too. Those rewards seem better than speeding up ROK success.

And for the record, grim is the best against bleed DOTs. I'd go with him over primal.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Primal is only an option if he's dupped, other than that go with grimlock. I'd forget about Tantrum for the time being.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    edited July 2018
    Prima
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    edited July 2018
    Primal makes a mockery of ROK bonecactus, no beast synergy needed

2g2tfaut3tas.jpg

• NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    Out of interest, how does MV1 Prime compare to Grim or Primal for this fight? I've assumed his willpower ability would make him a good choice against BC but I keep seeing Grim being mentioned as the best option. I'm not in any rush to do RoK but MV1 Prime is my main brawler at the moment and I'm wondering if I should be starting to bring another brawler up in preparation for this.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    Out of interest, how does MV1 Prime compare to Grim or Primal for this fight? I've assumed his willpower ability would make him a good choice against BC but I keep seeing Grim being mentioned as the best option. I'm not in any rush to do RoK but MV1 Prime is my main brawler at the moment and I'm wondering if I should be starting to bring another brawler up in preparation for this.

Grimlock is a better option because he can also take on Mirage, who is a much bigger challenge than BC.

Grimlock (and primal) can purify/reduce all the shock debuffs you will take when fighting mirage. Mv1 only counters bleed, and you can only take so many bots with you in the party, so careful choices are necessary.