Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Officialy, Kabam screw it up things... again

So, now that you have practically banned 1-Star bots from Arenas without a previous announcement, then what's the point of having 1-Star bots currently into the game? Perhaps some called "smartass" here will reply that now they're forge food. Personally, 1. You practically killed the new player base for Arena and their chance to get some nice early rewards to help them later into the game, and 2. if being forge food it's the only reason why we still have 1-Star bots into game, I'd rather prefer devs to completly remove them from game.

Seriously, you're making mistake after mistake with this game and it isn't even a month old.

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm glad they're forge food, that way I only have to sacrifice a 2* or higher once, then I can just slowly inch my way to 100 using 1* bots
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited May 2017
    CandKane wrote: »
    I'm glad they're forge food, that way I only have to sacrifice a 2* or higher once, then I can just slowly inch my way to 100 using 1* bots

It's ridiculous to have 1-Star bots only for that purpose. Besides, almost everyone agrees that it's more optimal to start forging once you hit max level. Not to mention that, as I said, they killed the only fun way new players had to start progressing into the game.
    I understand your frustrations, but this was coming sooner or later. 1* bots aren't meant to last past your first week or two of playing, after which you'll have a team of at least 2*. Granted, this seems a bit soon, maybe give another week or two, but it's a change that we all knew was coming
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited May 2017
    CandKane wrote: »

It's ridiculous to have 1-Star bots only for that purpose. Besides, almost everyone agrees that it's more optimal to start forging once you hit max level. Not to mention that, as I said, they killed the only fun way new players had to start progressing into the game.

Im not sure I agree with that. I hardly did any arena with my 1* bots because you have so few. By the time you have enough 1* bots to do even 2 or 3 rounds, you should have several 2*'s, and most likely a 3* or 4*. Those are the bots you should focus on. There are PLENTY of ways to progress in the game outside 1* arena (of which you would need to do dozens or rounds to get enough Arena Chips to make 1 crystal). By far, the best way to progress in the game early on is by doing Story Mode. You get WAAAY more Energon, Ore, gold....everything.

IMO, by taking 1* bots out of arena, it makes them have a use outside of giving brand new players some arena fun for the first 1-2 weeks they play before they advance far enough that it becomes obsolete. They way they did the change, I see it as an even better system than what they have in MCOC. You can forge ANY bot into whichever other bot you want - thus increasing that bots power level. This is pretty nice for any player who has built a roster of around 40 or so bots, and you have left your 1* starter bots behind in the dust. Even better now, when you forge that bot, you get class specific Ore and gold - just the same as you do in MCOC, but now you are also increasing the power level of whatever bot you forge that 1* into.
    Well, I just lost my 5 win streak thanks to that stupid Arena Win Streak bug. Instead of fixing bugs like this, they just remove and nerf stuff without telling us. If Kabam hadn't removed 1-Star bots from 3-Star Arena, I could work around to get to that win streak amount again without having to spend energon or wait for my bots to recharge.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Instead of fixing bugs like this, they just remove and nerf stuff without telling us.

I get its frustrating. But you also have to get that this game is brand new, and as such, they are constantly adjusting things to compensate for the amount of people playing, and trying to adjust mechanics to make sure nothing is overpowered or broken.

I would assume they did not remove the 1* arena for kicks and giggles. I would bet it had to do with very few people using it, and the fact they wanted to make 1* bots more of a ting to use for forging, than for real progression in the game - in any way.

Should they have relayed that info to us beforehand? Yes, absolutely. Was it a "nerf"? No - anyone who has played the game for longer than a month would be able to tell its more of a buff than a nerf. I can see why it would be annoying since the change was done unannounced - but, if you think about it, you would have to do like 20 rounds of 1* bots to get to the level where you got 5 Energon. And now 1* bots have a usefulness outside of the first 2 weeks of playing the game.
    I guess that I'm starting to see your point of view. I also guess that I just have to accept it one way or the other. Guess it's time to say goodbye to my 1-Star Arcee and Motormaster.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Mike posted on the other thread about same topic that it wasn't intentional
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Mike posted on the other thread about same topic that it wasn't intentional

Thanks for the info, man. I'll check it right now.
  • SkubSkub Posts: 28
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    I get its frustrating. But you also have to get that this game is brand new.

But the devs aren't. They have a marvel game still going and a long history of dead, failed games to learn from. But they don't appear to have learned anything. It's bewildering that Nintendo has learned more in their very first ventures about how to make a solid mobile game to encourage purchasing habits without actively taking away content and progression options from less lucky players while still managing to constantly update.

In the two weeks since I started playing there have been no updates to the general crystal pool and embarrassingly limited options for people to gain the new units released. In every other mobile game I've played there were multiple updates and Fire Emblem: Heroes isn't even that much older than this game. In the span of a month this game has added very little and straight up removed one feature, drastically reduced another. That's regression dawg, not progression.

In a month they made 1* units completely useless rather than just toss in a forge-specific currency like most games would. In a month they removed the low rank arena making it harder for new players to earn arena medals and work towards earning any of those already crazy limited units. In a month they reduced the rewards and number of away missions available to players. In a month they jumped up the global difficulty so anyone who still is stuck with those same 1* units couldn't even progress the new bonus event they churned out beyond the very first few stages.

I've said it before; but it amazes me that people defend a dev team that actively works against its player base. I fail to understand the appeal of a game that makes zero sign of improving and every sign of making the exact same design mistakes of previous failed games like Battle Tactics. I'm jumping ship here, not that it matters, before the devs decide 2* units are just as worthless as the 1* ones and should only be used as fodder too.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    Why not let new players have one star arena for a month?
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 29
    And no shards for forging one star bots
    It's the same setup as MCOC now, with 1 stars being fodder and 2/3 stars being the vast bulk of your "army". It could've waited a few more weeks, but it had to happen eventually
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I can say as someone that started recently, the one stars and one star arena was a huge part of how I managed to progress fairly quickly.

This is a hard nerf for new players. I doubt I'd be half way to where I am with the new setup.