Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tips from higher leveled players

(Current Commander level 25, Starting Act 2)

I have finally picked up 3, 3 Star bots, and a 4th if I choose to pick up Bumblebee package.

My questions are, should I move forward with these bots as a priority now over my current two star team, which I was transitioning into rank 3?

Or would it be better to maximize my current 2 star roster and then proceed with my three stars?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    edited May 2017
    (Current Commander Level 33, Act 2 Chapter 4)

I also had this debate, and i have found that i have got my 3 stars to Rank 3 max level as Alpha Sparks are a real pain to accumulate.

Also added my 2 star's to Max Rank 2 are Max and the rest im working on to make sure that i can smash the Arena to help out with getting gold for upgrading.

It's Lengthy and it takes some time but it works for me.

Also i have held of on forging for now (i dont know if thats a good thing or not) but holding off has allowed me to gather bots for the arena's so i can maximize my output from what i have.

Hope that helps?

• ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    edited May 2017
    Jacko1211 wrote: »

I also had this debate, and i have found that i have got my 3 stars to Rank 3 max level as Alpha Sparks are a real pain to accumulate.

Also added my 2 star's to Max Rank 2 are Max and the rest im working on to make sure that i can smash the Arena to help out with getting gold for upgrading.

Also i have held of on forging for now (i dont know if thats a good thing or not) but holding off has allowed me to gather bots for the arena's so i can maximize my output from what i have.

Hope that helps?

Yes and no. :D

My follow up question then would be, is there a large power spike in your 3 stars at rank three compared to your 2 stars at max rank?

I do plan to level up my 2 stars to max for the arena as you stated, I am just looking for what may be the most beneficial to me in current situation, in terms of efficiency and power.

Thank you for the reply as well!
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    (Current Commander level 37 both acts finished) I did the entire two acts with 2* and 3* bots just makes sure to have some health potions and keep playing the game you should be able to do both acts.
    edited May 2017
    Omega_ben wrote: »
    (Current Commander level 37 both acts finished) I did the entire two acts with 2* and 3* bots just makes sure to have some health potions and keep playing the game you should be able to do both acts.

Also thank you for the response, the gold nugget of information there being 2 stars are capable of completing both acts, under the assumption supported by 3 stars, and pots as you said.

Follow up for you would be, did you 100 percent clear act 2 utilizing your 2 star bots? If this is the case, then i will have all info needed and any other responses will be icing to the cake.

Also if I happen to get another response from you, do you see a large deficit in rating between your two star and three star roster, under the conditions stated above?
    edited May 2017
    FYI to anyone, I understand I will get all this information myself by playing the game.

Why not utilize the resources I have in the forums however to help see what lies ahead!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    In my experience, max lvl 2* is around 600-750 depending on bot, sig level, class bonus, etc. That's roughly equal to 15/30 3* bots. I think, having to do some guesstimating since my app is being difficult
    CandKane wrote: »
    In my experience, max lvl 2* is around 600-750 depending on bot, sig level, class bonus, etc. That's roughly equal to 15/30 3* bots. I think, having to do some guesstimating since my app is being difficult

You rock! Thank you for the information. All of that was very helpful to me.

Not to take away from the other inputs!

Take care all!
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    2* can clear entire content in beta when they did different difficultys for us we had 1200 pi bots in act 1 alone well some of us did, but 3* are future then once more materials roll in 4* ect it's game of progression. 2* are only good for 3* arena once you start accumulating 3*
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    2* can clear entire content in beta when they did different difficultys for us we had 1200 pi bots in act 1 alone well some of us did, but 3* are future then once more materials roll in 4* ect it's game of progression. 2* are only good for 3* arena once you start accumulating 3*

Roger that. Yea I started moving on my 3 stars after the last message.

Thanks for the input Jon, always appreciated!
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited May 2017
    Just to be 100% clear, 3* is where you want to be for now even over 4*.

Until they open up r3 for 4* to us, 3* r4 is the highest strength you are going to be able to rank a champ to. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking 4* will be stronger because for now, they aren't.

It is worth it to level the 4* to 1/10, especially if you draw the 4* early on, but worry about ranking your 3*s otherwise.
  • KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    Commander Level 31, Act 2 complete.

I'm sure it's technically possible to finish Act 2 with just 2* bots, but it's going to be very difficult. Chapter 4 has pretty lengthy stages and lots of high ranked enemies. If you take the easiest paths you're looking at about 700 PI fights. The final boss is about 1700 PI. If you're a careful fighter and bring along a lot of potions then you can probably do it.

If finishing Act 2 is important to your goals, I'd recommend getting a couple of 3* bots to 3/30. That allowed me to finish without using more than a couple of potions.
  • Jacko1211Jacko1211 Posts: 37
    Jacko1211 wrote: »

Hope that helps?

Yes and no. :D

My follow up question then would be, is there a large power spike in your 3 stars at rank three compared to your 2 stars at max rank?

I do plan to level up my 2 stars to max for the arena as you stated, I am just looking for what may be the most beneficial to me in current situation, in terms of efficiency and power.

Thank you for the reply as well!

There isn't a massive power Spike in comparison obviously for example my 3 Bumblebee is higher than my 2 star Optimus but that's just a given in the different class, but there isn't a lot of difference.

It all depends on what your end goal is in terms of are you focusing on leveling up or gaining resource?

Thank you all for the great information!

Love waking up and finding a whole bunch of good advice headed my way. Much appreciated!