Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Barricade's Backfire STILL not working properly

So I was just playing as Barricade in Arena vs Optimus (G1). I used my L3 and dropped his health down low. I then fired off a few ranged attacks and stacked 3x Backfires on him. Optimus then used his L3, which triggers the Backfires, and it says "KO" in big letters across the screen as he kills himself. But, his L3 still went off, even though he was KO'd, and KILLS ME.

The match ends.

Optimus wins, even though I KO'd him first.

It's beyond frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    It's been there since day one never confirmed as intended or not but best solution is it's always bad idea to let any bot get to l3
  • Options
    Well, that goes against the definition of the ability.
    Backfire: Opponents Special Attacks backfire, inflicting damage upon activation.

It triggers properly on L1s and L2s. The damage is still being applied when it's an L3, too, but it does not halt the animation/damage done if the Bot in question happens to receive fatal damage from the Backfire. On top of that, the KO message flashes on the screen, indicating that the AI Bot was defeated.

There is NO WAY it's operating as intended.
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited May 2017
    Thing it's that during SP3s you are left with 1 HP if during the Super's animation you suffer any kind of damage. It's also a nice way to turn the tide if you have full Power Bar and you are about to die because of a DoT.
  • Options
    You don't have to defend your argument and get defensive

I'm just offering solution and never claimed it working as intended and if you don't start learning to bait specials now higher level difficulty am ect you will get ko by l3,

being as only one bot has backfire not really an ideal long term strategy anyhow
  • Options
    @Alkaiser_93 I know what you are talking about, I've run into that problem as well. But this is different.

The Backfire triggers on Activation. The damage is done BEFORE the special attack occurs. That is how I saw the "KO" flash on the screen. Optimus took lethal damage still.

So in essence, he went from 0 HP (fatal damage) to 1 HP.

That's bad programming.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Anytime anyone activates their L3, be it your or your opponent, whoever activated it is immune from dying while the animation is going on. So if the Computer has 1HP left, activates their L3, and during their L3 they also take 1000 damage, they will still be alive throughout the entire L3, and even once its over, assuming they are not taking any DOT damage, they will still be alive with 1HP after the L3 is over. This is exactly how it is in MCOC also. So, it is in fact, working as intended.

Best practice is to try and not let the computer ever activate its L3.
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    You don't have to defend your argument and get defensive

I'm just offering solution and never claimed it working as intended and if you don't start learning to bait specials now higher level difficulty am ect you will get ko by l3,

being as only one bot has backfire not really an ideal long term strategy anyhow

Not sure what you are referring to, I didn't get defensive or upset. I didn't say anything negative to or about you either. I'm simply saying that no, it's not working as intended.

But, for the record, saying "bait before they L3" doesn't solve anything. That essentially saying "git gud", when someone is trying to report an actual problem.
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Anytime anyone activates their L3, be it your or your opponent, whoever activated it is immune from dying while the animation is going on. So if the Computer has 1HP left, activates their L3, and during their L3 they also take 1000 damage, they will still be alive throughout the entire L3, and even once its over, assuming they are not taking any DOT damage, they will still be alive with 1HP after the L3 is over. This is exactly how it is in MCOC also. So, it is in fact, working as intended.

Best practice is to try and not let the computer ever activate its L3.

If you read the ability, it very clearly states that it works on Special Activation. i.e. it triggers before any animation or before damage is done by the opponent. It's obvious that it's messing things up too, or else I would not have seen the "KO" screen. It's not the issue you are referring to, that we commonly see with Bleeds/DoTs. You never see a "KO" screen in those situations, because the Bot never received fatal damage.

The way it's working now is that the Bot DOES receive fatal damage, then magically gets 1 HP back.

That's not right and not what the ability says it does.
  • Options
    Backfire triggers BEFORE an opponent's Special Attack connects, not after.

It would be a completely worthless ability if it only triggered AFTER a Special animation.

The way it should be working is the same way it does for L1/L2s: apply the damage before the opponent's animation. If fatal damage is received, halt said animation.

It's like they setup special scripting which bypasses the typical combat rules, but only for L3s.
  • Options
    Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    edited May 2017
    I think that, coding-wise, both Backfire and SP3's activation happens at the same time. And it's due to that, you could say that enemy's bot goes from 0 to 1 HP. Actually, it's working as they intented to, but they just forgot somehow into the coding to give priority to Backfire's effect.

That, or perhaps SP3's actually should be considered as a pseudo-revive against Backfire.

What do you think, @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    Ever been mid combo and opponent activates l3? It does have special coding since it's a cut scene.

Once again I don't know intended or not and it's never been confirmed since beta only change we've seen since beta is if someone died during l3 would say ko they would still finish and then fall over dead now they stop with 1hp
  • Options
    @Alkaiser_93 I'd be okay with that, if it was actually explained on the ability itself.

But right now, the way it is, it just feels bad.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    He's saying the ko message came out before Optimus prime activated his l3. So if anything, clarity needs to be provided.
  • Options
    Totherkins wrote: »
    He's saying the ko message came out before Optimus prime activated his l3. So if anything, clarity needs to be provided.

That's exactly correct. All I want to know is, why the hell can TWO KO's happen in one match?
  • Options
    Hey All,

Just asked the team about this. This is definitely a bug, and one that we're going to work on for a future release. Hopefully we can have a fix together pretty soon.
  • Options
    Whoa that was quick! Thanks very much for checking into it @Kabam Miike, I really appreciate it.