Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ultra Magnus

Can we please have a Bot Intel Report on him. Technically he is a new champion.

If you cant write something up can you please let us know his duped ability.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey Nightchris,

I'll see about getting a post together, but we generally only do those for initial release of Characters. I understand that he is new to a lot of players, but has been available for a bit.

That being said, there was an Intel File sent to all players in your in game mail! This included his Signature ability, which reads:

Ultra Magnus gains Attack for each alive teammate and each of the opponent's fallen teammates, plus Physical Resistance for each fallen teammate and each of the opponent's alive teammates.

So, for each living Teammate you have on your team, you gain an Attack buff. Having a full team of 5 (including Magnus) will give you 4 attack buffs, but having 4 fallen Teammates gives him 4 physical resistance buffs.

Now, the part about the opponents only works in Arenas and Raids, not in Missions.
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    Guess I missed the mail! Thank you for the duped ability write up though!

• That being said, there was an Intel File sent to all players in your in game mail!

I don't have access to the mail I received back when I first got the game. Are you sure we can't get an intel report posted for him? It really should be done for all bots, old and new, but I'd be happy with just this one ;)
  • Mike, thanks for the explanation about the fallen opponent's being restricted to raid and arena. There was a thread about this because it caused a lot of confusion and I think someone got a warning for bumping it too many times after a mod promised to reply but never got around to it, so this is new info regarding UM that you just gave out. So far as I'm aware
  • But that reply came in May @Trailfire . Still, it's a nicely necro'ed post to say the least :D
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    If this is still how UMs Sig works, he's holding the biggest bag of turds of all the bots in this game.

There is no other bot in this game that has a part time signature ability.

Needs to be retooled.
  • but I 'm afraid a maximum of 4 resistance buffs don't make so great a difference that needs to be reworked.
  • Huh. Well I wonder why it took so many weeks for mods to find out how his sig works if they'd already posted about it. Sigh
  • But PLEASE...
    Make his Ranged Attacks DIFFERENT from Starscream's
  • But PLEASE...
    Make his Ranged Attacks DIFFERENT from Starscream's
    They are different, Scream can erase armor melee and attack buffs and adds shock damage for every buff erased, Magnus only erases melee and attack buffs with no extra damage, what the devs need to do is allow UM's heavy range attack also have the nullify effect because his regular range is not 100% nullify, it takes like 2-3 shots to land in order to erase one melee buff.
  • Yup, but Starscream make Ultra Magnus' Ranged Attacks seems really useless
  • Yup, but Starscream make Ultra Magnus' Ranged Attacks seems really useless
    Totally agree with you there, they need to buff up Magnus, add a burn damage to his nullify effect.
  • Nullify was never the main feature of UM. It is the main feature of Scream. UM's less impressive nullify is appropriate because his main features are being tacky, and having massive armor break on sp1

I wouldn't mind him getting a small buff, but not because of how he stands relative to Scream
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Are UM's buff stacks supposed to display? I've got him unlocked and, at least in arena, there is no indication his buffs are active.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Hey Nightchris,

I'll see about getting a post together, but we generally only do those for initial release of Characters. I understand that he is new to a lot of players, but has been available for a bit.

That being said, there was an Intel File sent to all players in your in game mail! This included his Signature ability, which reads:

Ultra Magnus gains Attack for each alive teammate and each of the opponent's fallen teammates, plus Physical Resistance for each fallen teammate and each of the opponent's alive teammates.

So, for each living Teammate you have on your team, you gain an Attack buff. Having a full team of 5 (including Magnus) will give you 4 attack buffs, but having 4 fallen Teammates gives him 4 physical resistance buffs.

Now, the part about the opponents only works in Arenas and Raids, not in Missions.

@Kabam Miike there is no buff display in the UI for Magnus is this something that could be added? Also I understand the part about opponent buffs not working in missions but do his teammate buffs work everywhere including all special missions. Seeking clarity because there is no indicator that they are active and I want to rank him.