Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Sucessful base rating

Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
My base rating is at 4700. Still raiding become pointless to me since, i cant sustain a successful base defense.

Anyone having success with defenses, and if so what is your ranking?

If i had advice, kabam get rid of raid health and revive. Treat it like arenas, if you dont get it you fail. Leaving these items available, people with the energon can destroy any base regardless of base rating.

Comments

• GrrGrr Posts: 24
    It can be difficult to successfully defend against raiders, especially when limited on the bots and mods available to use as defenders.. For the longest time anyone who raided me always won, even now that I have plenty of potential defenders most people still win.. That being said, when it comes to doing your own raids, don't be discouraged by people stealing some of the chips you win, try to raid fast and make purchases with what you gain to avoid losing some to being attacked.. Also try to consider that by not raiding at all you may not have any chips stolen but you're also automatically losing out on any potential gains too!!
    If you're having difficulty getting enough chips at once to buy anything try doing only 1 or 2 raids then waiting for your raid tickets to fill up and then hitting other bases hard, using a bit of energon to buy additional tickets if needed to buy what you're after.. That way if you are raided after doing those 1 or 2 raids you won't have as much to steal as you would if doing all 3 raids at once the first time and waiting...
    :smiley:
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I have a set of 3/30 3* bots to attack for me personally I stay away from raiding 6k+ bases. Also I generally stay away from bases that have Bonecrusher as strongest opponent and the rating is above 4k.

Your base rating of 4.700 is in the perfect sweetspot for me, I would prefer you above another base that has a 1k rating and less then 2k chips because I probably still make a better deal raiding you. Even with a Bonecrusher I often don't even K.O. a single champ when raiding a 4-5k base, just to give you a perspective.

Personally, I keep my base rating really low and don't hoard chips, I would suggest you either keep your base rating low or above 6k. In between doesn't help at all.

In Addition put a really stacked opponent on the first node, but keep the rest low. That will keep away the strong opponents and wreck the noobs that think you are an easy target.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    This is a heavy flaw in the game...

First off, if you are looking to defend a base the majority of the time, I wouldn't bother. The way matchmaking works, you are still going to come up against opponents that will walk through you no matter what your defenders are.

However, if you are just trying to win more often on defense, preferably to keep your ranking higher, here's a trick... trust me, it works.

Until you can fill your base with all maxed 3 star defenders, only place 3. Focus your development efforts on 3 strong defenders and 3 strong mods and that's it. Put them all down the centre points and nothing else. Once I switched from this approach I went from defending successfully maybe 5-10% to 50%.

The reason this works is
    - it lowers your rating, making you look like a more tempting target to newer players that focus on the over all numbers instead of strongest defender
    - it lowers your rating, making you a less valuable target for more developed players

Additionally a 400-500 bot isn't going to pose a challenge to a team of attackers that are 800+. In fact, you present an opportunity to heal certain bots! On the flip side, if your attacker is coming in with 450 point bots, they are MUCH more likely to struggle with 1 800 point opponent with a maxed mod then they will win 2, 3 or even 4 400 point defenders.

As was said earlier, your 4500 rating, especially if I see your top bot is 600-700 points makes you a PRIME target for me. My goal in raiding is to make enough to get to 18,000 in 3 fights while also winning. You give me just about enough points while also being an easy fight.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    A few other tips...

Always place defenders in pairs, roughly equal. This is why the centre points are so vital, you have to fight them. For the other 4 nodes, the attacker has the choice, allowing them to take the easier bot, the class advantage etc. I find it effective to use the same class when possible for these spots, and of course try keeping the rating about as equal as possible.

Mods... Harm Accelerator is stupidly overpowered, followed by the Range mod followed by heal. But HA is downright broken. I would suggest maxing out even a 1 star HA over almost any other mod. If you have a 1/2/3 star HA, I'd recommend levelling up and using them all down the centre. It's really a badly designed mod but when in Rome. Also keep in mind the natural counter to HA is MV1 Optimus prime, so keep that in mind when placing your defenders.

Finally not all defenders are created equal. Mirage and Arcee are both deadly on Range mod boosted nodes but meh otherwise. Grinder is great defender, as is Motormaster. Rhino and BoneCrusher are probably two of the best all round defenders though.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481

If i had advice, kabam get rid of raid health and revive. Treat it like arenas, if you dont get it you fail. Leaving these items available, people with the energon can destroy any base regardless of base rating.

Yeah, remove raid healing items and revive items, the raids should be a survival challenge to all players.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    No energon is needed to take 12k bases as it stands don't see bases ever being impossible to beat that would be op as well, there are 10000 plus people playing odds that plenty of people will raid you will be pretty high
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    Thanks guys. I am confuses about the logic of having the strongest defender on the first node and not the last. Can some explain theory behind that.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Thanks guys. I am confuses about the logic of having the strongest defender on the first node and not the last. Can some explain theory behind that.

If your opponent has a tough time against that first node, it changes who he can use in all the following battles, taking him out of his comfort zone and sometimes even forcing him to battle at a class disadvantage.

This is why you want a very strong bot front and centre.
  • Docholiday321Docholiday321 Posts: 102
    Thanks, makes sense