Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

In game menues (esp crystals tab)

Kabam,

Seriously, can we please fix the lag in the menu screens? This is a joke. I figured it would be adressed in the first update, but no. Nor the second. What the hell? It takes about 20 swipes to navigate from one side of the crystals menu to the other. It's only 5 items wide. Then when you chose one of the items, it opens a sub menu that swings the screen back to the left.

Honestly, you've got to fix this basic interface stuff. It's an even bigger joke than the constant crashing

While you're at it, we should be able to see our own alliance AM history during the three days AM downtime. C'mon. These aren't huge asks, it's basic functionality of the game while nothing at all is happening. There've been what, 3 updates after the end of beta by now? But the basic interface still doesn't work????

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    While it is annoying and Laggy, try waiting 10-15 seconds to allow it to load completely on the menu screen before swiping.

Since it has yet to be fixed, I found this the best solution for now
  • Can you provide some more details about what you're experiencing? I haven't seen this personally, although that certainly doesn't mean that it's not happening for others.

To assist our team, can you please provide information regarding your device, OS version, and when you are experiencing this? Is it upon first loading the game? After playing for a while? If so how long? Do you have other apps running in the background? If you close the game out completely (and swipe to close all recently running apps) then enter back into the game, does this resolve the issue?
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    If you go to the in-game menus, especially the crystal menus, and try to swipe right to access the menus further across, such as the arena crystal, it takes about 12 swipes to move the menu over to further items. Each swipe moves about 1mm. Then when you finally can select "arena crystal" (for example) it goes into a Wilde swing moving everything around and de-focusing the screen, so it takes another 6 swipes to get the arena crystal back into focus enough to enter the spin chamber (space bridge, whatever it's called).

This isn't a bug - it's like this all the time, for pretty much everyone so far as I'm aware
    Whether other apps are running or not shouldn't matter, it's just the basic menu screen. But generally, no, I tend to close everything except Line when I play to avoid problems
    The same happens on other wide menus, like the AM history menu
  • Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    I have never experienced this problem so it's likely an issue with the device you're using specifically so you need to provide information about your device.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    I agree that I hear quite a lot of people complain about this.

I'm personally on Android, maybe it is an issue there. Rest of the game runs really smooth, it's just the UX elements that slide... Crystals screen, quest selection, etc.
    iPhone7. I've heard many people complain about this. TBF it's mainly the crystals and AM history tabs, since those are the ones that extend beyond the right side of the screen and require scrolling.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Also using Android, the only menu that lags for me is the crystal/shard menu.
  • Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    I use an iPhone 6S and it's always worked fine for me. May be quite difficult to pinpoint what is actually causing this issue if it's working fine for an iPhone 6S but not an iPhone 7 which you would assume it would work better on.
    Sorry, realise I didn't answer most of your questions:
    "OS version": always up to date version of iOS

"and when you are experiencing this? Is it upon first loading the game? After playing for a while? If so how long?"
    I don't think it's determined by length of time playing, but I haven't really confirmed this. It's been working mostly ok the last two days or so, but it always had bursts of normal performance.

"Do you have other apps running in the background? If you close the game out completely (and swipe to close all recently running apps) then enter back into the game, does this resolve the issue?"
    I don't think this fixes it. I often close all apps except Line while I play because I've been burned by stability issues a few times. And the stability issues mean TFTF isn't usually kept open longer than 24hrs. Actually, I usually completely close the app several times / day.

Since it's working relatively normally now, next time it lags I'll try to remember to post the context
    Experiencing this problem again. I had open: Line, gmail, whatsapp, Facebook & google maps. They were all opened in the last 3hrs

I haven't been playing v.intensively the last 3-4 hrs. Maybe 15mins/hr?
  • STORMZZSTORMZZ Posts: 57
    It happens regardless of closing all apps and clearing all caches. Been like this since global launch.