Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Transformer character voices

Just curious if having voices for the transformers characters themselves would be a good idea when they are charging in from both sides of the match and they could like say something while they're entering. I think it would be kinda cool to hear some of their voices especially the g1 transformers I grew up with.

Comments

• Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I too, would love to see Dan Gilvezan's Bumblebee yell, "Outta gas, but not outta luck!" in mid-transformation ;)

Although, I think it's just a matter of resources and inconvenience. It's going to take a lot to hire somebody like Peter Cullen or Frank Welker.
  • Options
    SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Well impersonators, not the real people, or just scripts from their respected movie or show. I think it would be sooo amazing!! Seeing someone like Bumblebee having his radio play before battle or Optimus saying something super wise and Soundwaves mechanical cold hearted voice!
  • Options
    MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    If the design team is having a hard time putting new music in the game, I don't think CV will be implemented, it may also effect the stability of the game in which it may not work properly, and if they do want to, they shouldn't have a problem getting assets for it, since kabam has licenses for each character they can just dip into Hasbro's sound library. But then again there's also having to pay those actors for using their iconic voices.
  • Options
    Hey Guys!

As awesome as it would be to add voices to the game, there are a few reasons that it can be pretty difficult. A big one is that this takes up a lot more space than you might expect, and with the huge variety of devices that support the game, that can be a limiting factor for a lot of players with devices that don't have a lot of available space.

That being said, we did have a voice that you might recognize in our PAX Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxmEQauF0o
  • Options
    SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    edited June 2017
    Hey Guys!

As awesome as it would be to add voices to the game, there are a few reasons that it can be pretty difficult. A big one is that this takes up a lot more space than you might expect, and with the huge variety of devices that support the game, that can be a limiting factor for a lot of players with devices that don't have a lot of available space.

That being said, we did have a voice that you might recognize in our PAX Trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxmEQauF0o

Aw dang. Nice trailer though! Great hearing Optimus in there. You guys should make more I love watching those!
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I love hearing Optimus' Peter Cullen-like voice