Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How rare is a 4 star?

Hey all,
I just started with this new update and I am enjoying the game so far. I have played other games such as DC's Injustice 1 and 2. In those games, the silver cards are valued much less than a gold version.
In this game, how rare are 4 stars? I opened 20 of the new Drift packs and got zero. I got some good 3 stars ,however. My question is, in this game are 3 stars good enough to play in the arena and such? Or is it like injustice where you pretty much only power up your gold cards?
Tagged:

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    The chance of getting a 4* from it would be 6% or less
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2017
    Think it's more like .5%

But yes as a whole 3* are some most useful other than very high end am
  • Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    I've been playing since about February/march and haven't gotten a single 4* still. I feel like I've been particularly unlucky though.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Just seen a player who was only around Level 5 and have already received a 4* Drift! I'm still trying to acquire a 4* Bumblebee... :/

It's a matter of luck, I find.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Less than the chance of getting a 4* Scarlet Witch from a PHC in Mcoc
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    The game seems to be pretty equivalent to MCOC when it comes to drop rates, so chances to get a 4* out of a "Premium Bot Crystal" (nothing premium about that crystal, but whatever) can be expected to be around 1%.

That means you will have to buy 100 crystals on average to get a 4*. Now do the math of how much money that will cost you...
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    The chance of getting a 4* from it would be 6% or less

Meaning if you open 20 premium crystals, you'll get a 4*? Not in my case. I consecutively opened 20 premium crystals and only got a 3*, that's all.

If you mean 6% of the players will EVER get a 4*, that's more convincing.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yea the drop rate is 6% and Santa Claus brings the presents. Two persons so far have opened a 4* from a PBC in my alliance and we are really active.

Nearly everybody bought one of those 10 packs of featured crystals at some point (same as PBC only different bots) that's around 200 opened crystals and not a single person got a 4* from that.

So if you get a 4* in less then 100 crystals you are pretty damn lucky. (like me, got one the second PBC I opened ...)
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    i have Prowl, Windblade, and Ironhide 4* now.. i do pay a bit especially during offers.
    however that said, I still prefer 3* as they are much more easier to upgrade (just 1 alpha to reach 1 k rating... 4* requires 2 alphas).