Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

2.0 special baiting..

I don't recall being individualized thread for this for people seeing this, but since heavy is fixed now can we address special use of ai.

Seeing timeouts, l3 ect in am left and right.

I myself spent 1.5 min to get ss to use l2 yesterday and in past that's one of easiest specials to bait

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I notice they're hanging on to them a lot longer too. Not seeing this so much in raid though, only in arena and AM.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Wait a sec, heavies have been fixed? I hadn't notice.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Wait a sec, heavies have been fixed? I hadn't notice.

AI dodge less often, but still aggressive.

AI not only hold s2, they sometimes hold s3. So don't press them too much when they have s3, let them combo you and retaliate a combo-special, if you have Mirage/Barricade you'll smile. If you're lucky with IH's double-stun-stunt you'll prolly kill them before they throw out s3.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, it's a pain in the tailpipe!!! Please fix this (or give us what's been promised in the update)
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited June 2017
    As for it being harder to bait specials... That's the opposite of what should have happened. We made a change to make the AI less likely to hold until their Special 3. I'm gonna have the team check in on this, because I have not been noticing this myself in Chapter 3 or the Spotlight.

4x1qu9craquf.png

Hey @Kabam Miike I wanted to check in and see if there has been any progress on this or if they are making this a priority to check in to at all. Every day I hear people complain about this. It is especially brutal against bots that have power gain, because then you are not only fighting the clock in AM/raids, but you face imminent SP3 regardless of what you do, IF you happen to come across the issue.

This week in AM has been quite a pain. Between the game still crashing / locking up while fighting, us now losing 50% instead of 10% when that happens, specials not baiting like normal (and certainly not easier as indicated in the patch notes), dying after timeout, the weird "over difficulty 66 bug", and the rewards being less than enough to motivate people through these circumstances, AM is fast becoming an annoying, un-fun use of our time spent in-game.

I appreciate your guys' efforts to look in to these issues. Please let us know if we are seeing any progress on the above mentioned issues.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I was just about to start a new topic complaining about these two things. Even though it's been mentioned numerous times, it needs to kept in the forefront. It's becoming a very frustrating issue for a lot of people.

The bots holding their special for anywhere from 30 secs to a minute to not using them just doesn't work with a 3 minute timer in AMs. Between either hitting timeout or the eventual SP3, it is a very irritating aspect of the game right now. If a fix can not be provided soon, at least can you provide a temporary fix and change the AM fight timer to 5 mins? A little more time might give us a chance when we run into this issue.

The other issue with the loading errors and the app crashing mid fight needs a rework too. While you might not be able to fix the app crashing as there are a lot of different factors that come into play. You could at least change it back to loss of 10% health and not the current 50%. Having it back at 10% would at least be a reasonable solution for now. Losing half health due to some bug drastically changes our outcome in an AM. It's very frustrating because it is something completely out of our control. Is there a reason why it was increased to 50% for v2.0? Just a way to make more money and make us spend more energon on health? Or is there a better reason than that?

I hope some form of a solution can be provided soon. Please help mitigate all the frustration we are currently experiencing.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I think we should make a seperate thread named "work on fixing constant crashing". I have an iPhone 7, pretty much sure that this game has been developed with that phone in mind. Still this is the most unstable app I have ever had on my phone. It crashes at least once in every gaming session, often more then once.

Of course it doesn't always happen mid fight, but more often that I would like right at the beginning. So either fix this, or don't punish us for it. The players shouldn't be punished for bad programming.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I don't know where the 10% comes from I've always lost around 25%. Like if my bot has 3300 hp, I'll come back and he's down to like 2400.

Baiting specials is incredibly annoying in raids. There's no time, maybe a harm accelerator aggressive/defensive ai.. there's only so much dodging and dancing around and taking hits you can do before having to give up and attack.. and then see them do their s3 within seconds of getting it.

The most common crash I experience is during the initial load before the fight is even visible. I'm positive this can be fixed with some basic coding by polling a response before the fight starts. Heck, have a pop up at the start of the battle 'ready!' And it fixes 100% of the player frustration with the current situation. Maybe you guys are embarrassed to implement this but it's needed until you can fix the problem. Stop stealing peoples HP unfairly. Months and months with no fix or workaround to deal with player frustration. You can't just keep frustrating people for months on end without negative repercussions. People will start requesting refunds (easily I'm sure) and walk away.

Personally I'd like a ready button, many times I'm waiting for loading screens that vary in length, I get bored of staring at a load icon I look around then look down and I'm getting hit.

It seems like such an obvious solution. Just do something. You have a system designed to prevent people cheating. But instead it just hurts players EVERY GAME SESSION MULTIPLE TIMES.

I can't complete a set of raids and use all my sorry energy without it crashing once or more.

One time I simply rotated my phone to get ready to plug it in to charge and it crashed.

Speaking of charging.. still nothing about battery drain and overheating. Can I send an invoice to Kabam to replace my battery because all it's cycles have been used up already because of this game?
    @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Miike I haven't seen many responses from Kabam about these issues but you guys are answering the easy forum posts. Can we hear back from you and get an update?
    Bumping this one too because @Kabam Miike and others need to see that this is an issue affecting all, and we would really hope to see resolution on this and some other issue before AM starts back up.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    One of the thing I hate about that is that when you kill a bot with damages over time while he is using his special 3, he stays with 1 hp and can destroy you when you actually killed him first... So enemies keeping their special makes this issue even more visible.
  • JLHart05JLHart05 Posts: 21
    How exactly do you "bait" the AI into using his S1 or S2?
    JLHart05 wrote: »
    How exactly do you "bait" the AI into using his S1 or S2?

There's no way to 100% bait them. But still, some tricks are available and some bots (MVOP, IH, Soundwave) do throw specials easier than others (Mixmaster, Motormaster, Grindor). It's those "others" who are freaking me out. Especially Mixmaster : when he holds to S3, you're dead like an acid solution.
    Hi, still looking for an answer on this. Looking forward to it!
    edited June 2017
    The problem is not in story @Kabam Miike, there's a definite difference in ai in different areas of the game like raid and AM and arena runs.

I've danced around the arena like a chump, blocking and avoiding while he sits on s2.. then as as soon as s3 fills he immediately uses it.
    I hope that this issue is considered the top issue on Kabam's plate right now. About the only other issue that I can think that needs to be fixed as much or more than this is the arena bug that has existed since beta.

It is in Kabam's best interest to figure something out about AM fast ... many players are not being completely vocal on the forums, but it is a huge gripe on Line. Not just the special baiting, but the combination of sub-par rewards, the special baiting, timing out = death, resetting taking 50% health, and scoring broken past d66 has seemed to sap the will to play AM out of much of the community.

Chat has gone from the initial anger to almost a depressed "give up" attitude. I don't have to tell you what comes next. I'm not sure how many weeks in a row of crappy AM that this game can survive.
    Giving this a bump as still waiting to hear some kind of response from Kabam. Anyone? The silence is deafening :p
    Watch out, a bump will get you a warning, as you may or may not be able to see from above ;)
  • Hey Guys,

Sorry, I swear I replied to this thread, but apparently not. We are looking into this right now. The team is investigating if this is indeed the case, and why that change we made wouldn't have worked. I don't have any more information than that at this time, but as soon as I have more, I will let you know.[/color[
  • uLtrashOckuLtrashOck Posts: 60
    Hey Guys,

Sorry, I swear I replied to this thread, but apparently not. We are looking into this right now. The team is investigating if this is indeed the case, and why that change we made wouldn't have worked. I don't have any more information than that at this time, but as soon as I have more, I will let you know.[/color[

This is really happening. In AM i ran out of time many times because ai don't use their s1&2 until they get s3.
    There is barely enough time to complete the fight at high difficulty lvl and with ai holding specials you just can't do anything.
    If you spend too much time on baiting you will ran out of time and if you don't bait then u r dead for sure.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    Until they fix the problem, you need to learn Ratchet-Fu.

Then you really won't care about being hit by L3, because you can just get your health back in the next fight.

Speaking of which... It's about time they released a 4* Ratchet. My wallet opens up when that happens.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Manthro wrote: »
    Until they fix the problem, you need to learn Ratchet-Fu.

Then you really won't care about being hit by L3, because you can just get your health back in the next fight.

Speaking of which... It's about time they released a 4* Ratchet. My wallet opens up when that happens.

All fine and dandy till u get to level any special landed is 1 hit ko...
  • @Kabam Miike Is anything being done about this?
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Nothing is done, like the AI dodging heavy attacks, it's the same since the update and they don't seem to wanna do anything about it
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Bumblebee is a joke since the update, AI dodges 3/4 of his heavies, Bumblebee v Grindor isn't even a contest, poor Bee thinks he has class advantage then gets steamrolled.
    I also notice sometime in raids the game will "speed up" and the AI will be zipping around like a hummingbird on speed, you can sidestep a dash attack and they're already hitting you again before your bot is even out of the sidestep animation. Very frustrating, cost me a raid because Ironhide went God-mode on top of a Harm Accelerator.
    I'm starting to think that the speed up might be only on specific battle grounds, it might be an unlocked fps problem, I'm not sure. There is a noticeable speed up sometimes though.

Feels like about 1/10 heavies connect. I've tried throwing it in at various points during a combo and out of the blue, nothing seems to work.

There's a loading screen tip that says to do a heavy when the enemy is backed against a wall. It makes no difference, they still manage to back dodge perfectly timing the dodge even though they have nowhere to physically move.

I tried the auto ai today and watched my mirage eat 4 heavies in a row. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. I've never had 4 heavies in a row connect on the enemy.

The 1000th of a millisecond god timing reaction speeds to back dash, back dash, side step etc is a bit absurd.
  • I have no idea what happened to enemy special activations in AM, but it feels completely broken at the moment.

Yesterday in AM, I was fighting Ironhide (final node before Megatron) and danced around for a minute and a half in an attempt to get Ironhide to activate his L2, which he starts with at the beginning of the match. NOTHING. He just keeps trying to hit me at range with a Heavy or basic ranged attack. I tried all the normal tricks too. Sideswiping right and then blocking. Letting my Bot auto-walk into him. Nada would work. He eventually gain his L3 after halfway through the battle timer and one-shotted me. Hooray!

Fast forward to today: I'm fighting the Hotrod mini-boss node and he REFUSES to use any of his Special Attacks. He just continues to hold it until he gains his L3. Once again, this was over a minute long dance of me attempting to trigger his special. But nope, no dice. Dead, again, because of underhanded AI.

To make matters worse, Heavy Attacks are once again missing their targets at a staggering level. Even when you have your opponent pinned against the wall, the vast majority of the time, they dodge your heavy then sidestep out of the area immediately.

All of these recent issues are making for a very frustrating experience in AM.
    edited July 2017
    I've got used to prefer ranged heavy bots 'cos melee heavies hardly connect.
    Still, I've found a increase chance to land melee heavies when you finish your 5-hit combo (be it connected or blocked) and throw your heavy right after. With bots like BBB, Mirage, SW and Arcee, their 5th normal is 2 hit scissor kick which grants you enough time frame to do your heavy, and AI tends to eat it more often.

Don't do it with bots like IH, MVOP whose 5th normal is a back slap fist. It is better to throw your heavy after the second hit (is blocked).