Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Provide your thoughts on current playable Bots

Hello! :) I hope everybody is having fun while playing Forged to Fight!

For starters, I am really interested to know what everybody thinks about the current Bots we have in-game. Things like:

- 2 of your most favorite Bots and why?

- 2 of your least favorite Bots and why?

- Is there a Bot you didn't really like at first but started loving it after getting used to its game-play? and vice-versa.

Really interested to know! And as always, have fun!

Comments

• AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Favs are grindor and og Optimus
    Hate rachet and sideswipe
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Arcee was my favorite playable because her unpredictability power gain ect but after changes she's my most hated bot I can't even hardly beat bots in arena with her, he l2 does no damage because she no longer has crit buffs ect. Only thing you can do now is spam l1 hope she lands a bleed at the incredibly low rate. She's squishy her damage no longer matches that trade off.

Sideswipe use to be my favorite but similar problems to arcee since changes his dmg output vs how squishy he is doesn't make up for it not to mention his evade buff is almost worthless rarely works well. If I fight one I just continue attacking him during evade because worst case he evades 1 in 10 or something.

Favorite might be rhinox but I just got him recently he just has some nice utility not most powerful hitter but the bleeds and the power lock can be very handy, can't wait to run him in the new am.

Grindor prolly second favorite, attack boost when they have power stored is nice if you like to push them before trying to bait out specials.

• Yeah I like Arcee. Hate the character model though, with those long, lanky arms, and wished she looked more like her yellow-eyed IDW Spotlight Issue incarnation with beam swords over the cheap shell-former toy I will never, ever buy. However I started noticing she doesn't build meter normally; I'd be doing damage and it just doesn't grow, except sporadically by 20%. It's supposed to be a buff that she has a chance to gain meter by 20%, not a replacement for regular meter gain, so that needs to be fixed for sure. The textures on her fingers also get weird at the end of the match, after that ridiculous backflip (seriously, there was no better win pose you guys could think of that didn't make her look like an orangutan?), where it looks like she has translucent, press-on nails. That, among other weird texture pop-up issues and random textures appearing in the middle of arenas sometimes, needs to be fixed.

Another thing that needs to be fixed with Arcee is there are currently no characters who can give her a synergy bonus (at least that I've found so far). She can provide Ironhide with one, but from what I've seen thus far, no other bot provides her with any bonuses or buffs. Combine this with the aforementioned meter gain issue and there's some serious buffing this lady needs to get.

10/10 would pay money for sure if the IDW Spotlight Arcee were an event reward or just added in as an alternate character, similar to how there are multiple versions of some characters from different universes with very different character classes (e.g. movie brawler Optimus vs G1 tactician Optimus.

Please make this happen Kabam. She looks like this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/DigitalPage/681381/4dfba0b08dfa1._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg and her alt mode looks like this http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/e/ee/SpotlightArcee-altmode.jpg/250px-SpotlightArcee-altmode.jpg

As for a second bot I like, I'm not too sure yet. The selection is really small, getting new ones is a bit tough without blowing money on the game, and I really just want to avoid the Bayformers and Beast Wars characters because I don't really care for them. Starscream seems cool though, and I'm interested in getting him at some point (I've faced him a number of times) and Prowl seems OK, but I just wish there was more on the G1 end. I'd be down for a G1 Ironhide as I'm not really too keen on the rhino-faced Bayformers version, or maybe a Springer, a G1 Megatron or possibly a Hot Rod.

Windblade, however, is my #1 most hated, partly because I hate her on principle (she needs to stop appearing in things, and just get killed off in the comics for crying out loud), and partly because she's so easy to kill, especially if you like using Arcee like me. She's disproportionately weaker than any other character in the game in the Scout class, which I kind of like, because I never want to use her. Ever. So it's just more incentive for me to steer clear of her. I'd rather just use Starscream if I need a jet for anything.

• Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    I like Bludgeon and Windblade because of their samurai-esque motif. Also I like Sideswipe and Mirage because of Sideswipe's acrobatic fighting and Mirage's Specials are cool and flashy and synergy well with his abilities in general.

The bots I hate are the Baybots. If it helps, the Baybots I hate the less are Ironhide, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher.

Gameplay-wise, I hated Ratchet at the beginning but after his alt-form ability, which allows to regen health saved me in a couple of fights I started to adore him. Also, I really liked Optimus at the beginning due to how loyal Kabam was to G1 Optimus when they designed the character, however he just ended up being plain and simplistic compared to the other bots.
  • I like Bludgeon and Windblade because of their samurai-esque motif. Also I like Sideswipe and Mirage because of Sideswipe's acrobatic fighting and Mirage's Specials are cool and flashy and synergy well with his abilities in general.

The bots I hate are the Baybots. If it helps, the Baybots I hate the less are Ironhide, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher.

Gameplay-wise, I hated Ratchet at the beginning but after his alt-form ability, which allows to regen health saved me in a couple of fights I started to adore him. Also, I really liked Optimus at the beginning due to how loyal Kabam was to G1 Optimus when they designed the character, however he just ended up being plain and simplistic compared to the other bots.

Agreed about the Bayformers, although I don't really like G1 Optimus's design here, either. They did this weird split thing with his mouthguard which looks really off and kind of insectoid, and the textures of parts that should be lighter are dark chrome, which looks kind of off-putting to me. I also really don't like the gorilla-esque TF Prime-inspired proportions they keep giving G1 Prime in mobile games these days, and miss his good ol' Gundam-esque proportions. I have that same complaint about virtually every G1 character, especially Arcee, who is proportioned like an orangutan with those excessively long arms. I think if they proportioned G1 Optimus appropriately and detailed him accordingly, he'd stand out more, as even G1 Optimus wasn't THAT boxy.

Compare these https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/f1/46/bbf1467914b8e3e23aa68b3c4291c562.jpg
    http://img03.deviantart.net/e9d4/i/2015/126/d/8/masterpiece_optimus_prime_by_dan_the_artguy-d1amg5q.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bf/4a/da/bf4ada64627924be7e49be39304e91f4.jpg

to THIS http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/91/3/ToDr5y.jpg

It's like these days he has no torso articulation. That, combined with the monkey-like stylized proportions, and his silhouette becomes far less appealing compared to some of the other characters.
  • I should also add his truck form is different than G1 Optimus, and he transforms differently, too. I'm personally not a fan of even the detailing.
  • WoodWood Posts: 3
    TBH I'm a big tf fan, I like playing with all of them, every new character brings excitement, keep them coming
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    At start i really dont like mv1 prime much but when i know about his regen ability when bleeding i love him he is my top bot and soon going to rank3 him and other is Bumblebee i really love him although i only jave him as 2*.
    But the champ i really dont like is sideswipe as his special does not hit hard like other and his agility work only when you use sp2 or get hit 7 times.game is based on taking less hit and do more damage that's why i dont lIke him
  • The bots I have most enjoyed playing as are Sideswipe (unpopular opinion, it seems, but I think he's fun! I love when you dodge a ranged attack and "Man, I'm good!" comes up on the screen. Not sure what that does yet, if anything, but it's a nice little personality flair that none of the other bots have, or I haven't noticed them having anyway), Optimus Prime OG, and Bonecrusher who is my only warrior bot so far and I really like his bleed.
  • Motormaster and Ratchet are probably my favourites, Motormaster's "Unstoppable" ability is extremely useful as it allows you to push the offensive with next to no consequences and Ratchet's "Self-diagnosis" makes it easy for him to hold his own, I've defeated a bot with 555 rating whilst my Ratchet was rated 328, and was damaged from a previous fight as well.

My least favourite are probably Ultra Magnus and Barricade. I bought Ultra Magnus as he was exclusive thinking he'd be really good (especially the the price he was going) but instead I got greeted to a clunky bot who's special-2 has a higher chance of not working than working due to the slow speed of the first strike, then the rocket being fired from his shoulder. Barricade just doesn't seem to be powerful whatsoever, weak combos and his heavy ranged doesn't do much each. And I'm still trying to figure how what "Backfire" does.

The game overall is great, but it definitely needs new bots added (especially considering some are already in the game but not obtainable such as Starscream and Grimlock). And as a small part of personally preference, I only really want G1 bots. Obviously other bots will be added from different timelines but G1 seems to be a timeline which many people want bots from, not just me. Nemesis Prime, Springer, Hot Rod, Autobot Jazz, Ironhide, Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Skrapnel etc. etc.
  • BesharBeshar Posts: 7
    Optimus MVI my fav from start as he was my first 3*. Still good.
    Liked Bludgeon before you killed his sig. Now just an ordinary bot. He needs his power buff back.
    Disliked Barricade at first, but than tried him a bit here and there and he proved to be quite a damage dealer.

Agreed about Arcee need restyling. She's ugly. And a girl. Girls should be nice, above all else.

At this point every bot is playable with some skill using them.
  • Jones117aJones117a Posts: 39
    My favourite two bots are currently windblade and bone crusher but this may be because they were my first 2*s and so I levelled them up first. Windblade's bleed is incredibly powerful and once you stack 3 or 4 of them you can take down any similarly levelled opponent in a matter of seconds. The reason I love bone crusher is for his defensive ability of inflicting bleeds fairly regularly when the opponent attacks him, guarantees a lot of damage on an opponent who wants to take him down.

At the moment I really don't like mirage and just don't think they have anything much going for them but perhaps I need to play around with them a bit more. There isn't any other bot that appears to have nothing going for them like mirage though. All others seem to have something special about them.
  • GoldfishGoldfish Posts: 1
    Two favorites are Windblade and Mirage. Windblade's bleed is great, and her signature is fun. Mirage's signature is useful, and works well with his specials.

Two least favorites are Sideswipe and Arcee. Sideswipe's a little too squishy for me, and his evade doesn't really make up for it. Arcee is weak and easy to beat. It's not fun playing against her.

Didn't like Bayverse Prime, but after getting his signature, he's gotten more fun to play. It feels great to make a comeback with it.
  • AbernyteAbernyte Posts: 7
    Windblade is great with a really useful heavy attack and bleed ability coupled with the handy long range stun option when bleeding. Love mv1 Optimus too as his signature ability does great damage for a get out of jail option in fights.

Least like ultra Magnus - he is just a bit meh with no major damage and skills seemingly never working. His protections build up but appear to do very little. Disappointed but the £20 was for the hours of fun I have had so far.
  • GrimlockGrimlock Posts: 1
    My favorite bots are bludgeon,and bonecrusher, because both have good bleed,At 1st I didn't like mirage, until I got used to how his abilities work.
  • Varia31Varia31 Posts: 4
    At first I wasn't sure what I would think of Ironhide, but now that I'm used to him, he's pretty good. I like to use his level 1 special to knock someone down and then launch a heavy attack missile to cover the opponent trying to get up.

I like CW Optimus, and his special combos are cooler, but I like using MV1 Optimus more. I feel unstoppable using him. Pulling off combos and then leading into his level 1 special is beautiful and racks up lots of damage. I mainly keep CW Optimus around for novelty's sake, since outside of the game, classic Optimus is my favorite.
    Arcee_1321 wrote: »
    Agreed about the Bayformers, although I don't really like G1 Optimus's design here, either. They did this weird split thing with his mouthguard which looks really off and kind of insectoid, and the textures of parts that should be lighter are dark chrome, which looks kind of off-putting to me. I also really don't like the gorilla-esque TF Prime-inspired proportions they keep giving G1 Prime in mobile games these days, and miss his good ol' Gundam-esque proportions. I have that same complaint about virtually every G1 character, especially Arcee, who is proportioned like an orangutan with those excessively long arms. I think if they proportioned G1 Optimus appropriately and detailed him accordingly, he'd stand out more, as even G1 Optimus wasn't THAT boxy.

Compare these https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/f1/46/bbf1467914b8e3e23aa68b3c4291c562.jpg
    http://img03.deviantart.net/e9d4/i/2015/126/d/8/masterpiece_optimus_prime_by_dan_the_artguy-d1amg5q.jpg
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bf/4a/da/bf4ada64627924be7e49be39304e91f4.jpg

to THIS http://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/91/3/ToDr5y.jpg

It's like these days he has no torso articulation. That, combined with the monkey-like stylized proportions, and his silhouette becomes far less appealing compared to some of the other characters.

Agreed here. Optimus just looks like he belongs in the Rescue Bots cartoon or something. He looks really cartoon-y. I also hope that they add G2 Laser Optimus Prime, though. I want to see that sword and double barrel blaster.
    They could either base it on this (the original/reissue): http://tfw2005.com/transformers-images/wallpapers/images/6993-1/G2+Laser+Optimus+Prime+1680+x+1050.jpg

Or they could base it off the new Hasbro version from the "Chaos on Velocitron" pack. Just as long as they fix the head to not be so wide and omit the "Optimus" and "Prime" from the chest windows. http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ha56.jpg

Kabam, if you're reading this, please consider adding Laser Optimus Prime!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    My two favorite would probably be G1 Optimus and Sideswipe. Optimus because, well he's Optimus slagging Prime, and getting his Breach ability awakened turns him into a debuff monster. Design wise I wish he was more exactly G1, but he's close enough that I love him anyway. Sideswipe was a surprise, didn't expect to use him much but his story personality and acrobatic fighting style got me interested, and the lens flare on his Special 3 made me laugh.
    My least favorite would be Grindor and Bayverse Prime. Grindor just has a boring playstyle and none of either the nostalgia or design quirks to make me invest more time in him. Bay Optimus is great from a gameplay perspective (kicked my butt a few times anyways) but compared to G1 Optimus I find myself almost actively avoiding him.
    And for a complete surprise there's Bonecrusher and Mixmaster. Had just about written off them both as Bay bots, but Bones was my 1st 2 star so I gave him a chance, stacked up 4 bleed debuffs on a stubborn boss and decided he wasn't so bad. I don't actually have Mixmaster yet, but every time I see him I find myself just enjoying his model (it's probably just me, but his guard pose makes him look almost identical to the adorable wolf spiders common to our area)
    My only complaint thus far is that I can't toss all my money at a Soundwave crystal
  • - 2 of your most favorite Bots and why?

#1 Mirage - Primarily because of his overall design. He looks baddass and his specials are true to his original G1 design. Can't get enough of his box teleport. Love his power burn ability. Helps knock some anxiousness off an oponent with 3 red bars waiting to be unleashed on you...
    #2 Sideswipe - Seems to be the most balanced bot I have so far. Love his text chatter that pops up when he dodges and such. Bring more of that!

- 2 of your least favorite Bots and why?

#1 Mixmaster - To be honest it's because he's the ugly Bay version. Hoping for a Constructicon more true to G1 design in the future. Scrapper or Hoist?
    #2 Grindor - Just not my taste. I like quick attach bots and he's a little slow for my style.

- Is there a Bot you didn't really like at first but started loving it after getting used to its game-play? and vice-versa.

Ratchet - Grew on me. Once his advanced abilities started to become unlocked I started liking him more. His repair ability makes his character makes me play more "strategically" and more patiently rather than my usual style of rushing in to attach.

Truthfully I do like all the bots after giving them a chance. Like a lot of G1 fans here, not too big a fan of Bay's version of the bots but I don't "hate" them. Please keep up the good work and keep em coming. Can't wait to see what's in store for future bot releases.
    Dunno if she's replaced Sideswipe, but I snagged Arcee this afternoon (yay daily crystal) and have been aggressively leveling her since she was one of my faves from the movie. Love that she's clearly built around the new ranged attacks.
    One thing that I noticed though, she ONLY gains power through her criticals, and otherwise acts power locked. I'm using a Samsung S6 Active and it happens in all fight modes, if that helps. Still one of my favorite bots, but if this is a feature instead of a bug it may derail her in my eyes.
  • My favourite character in the game as of April 12th, 2017 is Mixmaster, I love this design and animations, damage output could be a littl higher, but I love him nonetheless

My second favourite character would have to be Optimus Prime (MV1). His special attacks cause a really nice bleed, and they do solid damage, I also really like his tankyness.

I personally think that there are no "bad" characters in the current state of the game, keep these badasses coming Kabam!
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    CandKane wrote: »
    Dunno if she's replaced Sideswipe, but I snagged Arcee this afternoon (yay daily crystal) and have been aggressively leveling her since she was one of my faves from the movie. Love that she's clearly built around the new ranged attacks.
    One thing that I noticed though, she ONLY gains power through her criticals, and otherwise acts power locked. I'm using a Samsung S6 Active and it happens in all fight modes, if that helps. Still one of my favorite bots, but if this is a feature instead of a bug it may derail her in my eyes.

It's not a bug she gains power only on crits her description says she gains xx per crit, but your right it doesn't specify she gains none otherwise well she does from being hit as well
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 27
    people just dont like change... baybots look awesome....
    my fav is bumblebee cus well i just love bumble bee and he is fast and has a nice evade on him too....
    second fav is a tie between movie optimus cus of his regen whilst bleeding and ironhide cus he is such a beast with his ranged attacks.
    least favs are well noone really everyone is atleast a decent playable bot....
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    tbh if not for passive evade on baybot bumblebee i would have avoided using at all lol
    g1 bumblebee anytime!
    that said my fav 2 bots are Ratchet (self diagnosis yay) and IDW prime (though i hate the look being motormaster reskin..)
  • Is there a list of playable bots?
  • Ironhide best
    edited April 2017
    source:
    http://www.gamezebo.com/2017/04/12/transformers-forged-to-fight-character-list/amp/

List accurate as of April 12, 2017
    note: this includes characters in-game but not available to play as yet

Transformers: Forged to Fight Character List

Autobots

Optimus Prime (Tactician)
    Ratchet (Tech)
    Sideswipe (Scout)
    Mirage (Tech)
    Windblade (Scout)
    Arcee (Warrior)
    Prowl
    Grimlock
    Ultra Magnus (Tactician)
    Movie Optimus Prime (Brawler)
    Revenge of the Fallen Ironhide (Demolitions)
    Dark of the Moon Bumblebee (Tactician)

Decepticons

Starscream
    Bludgeon
    Motormaster (Brawler)
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Thundercracker
    Revenge of the Fallen Grindor (Brawler)
    Revenge of the Fallen Bonecrusher (Warrior)
    Revenge of the Fallen Megatron
    Dark of the Moon Barricade (Scout)
    Revenge of the Fallen Mixmaster (Demolitions)

Maximals

Rhinox

Predacons

Waspinator
  • nomisu wrote: »
    source:
    http://www.gamezebo.com/2017/04/12/transformers-forged-to-fight-character-list/amp/

List accurate as of April 12, 2017
    note: this includes characters in-game but not available to play as yet

Transformers: Forged to Fight Character List

Decepticons

Thundercracker

Where have you seen Thundercracker?
    edited April 2017
    quoted from article, maybe can go there ask author.. but i will keep a lookout also hehe
  • Has anybody else realized that non-Bayverse OP is actually from Combiner Wars?
    Same as Motormaster, Prowl & Mirage?
    Or is it just me?
    Didn't realize that on Motormaster or Mirage, good catch