Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Commander Masteries [NEW MASTERIES COMING AUGUST 30th]

Hey Everybody!

We're really excited to announce a brand new addition to Transformers: Forged to Fight that will be launching with our 3.0 Version tomorrow!

Through the use of Mods, Synergies and Bot’s abilities, we’ve worked to give you greater control over how you use your Bots and abilities to rise up to certain challenges, and overcome obstacles. Now, it’s time to introduce a game changer that can truly make the difference in your battles: Commander Masteries!

Read all about them over on our blog here: https://transformersforgedtofight.com/commander-masteries/

We know you've got questions, so ask away!

UPDATE (August 29th):

Hey Everybody!

We're just one day away from new Masteries coming to the game! Don't want to wait to see what's coming? well here you go!

Star Seeker
Damage increases exponentially with the Combo Meter.

Unfazed
A brief Unstoppable and bonus damage against opponents that Evade.

Nano-Repair
A set amount of Health is recovered every fight.

Willpower
Attacking recovers Health while suffering from damage-over-time effects.

Feeding Frenzy
Attacking recovers Health against Sharkticon enemies.

Enhanced Block
Your Bots take even less damage while Blocking.

Recalibration
Each time your Bots are Stunned, they reduce further Stun durations.

Comments

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    What game modes will masteries be available?My main question is will they be utilized for our base defense? Other than that informative, read look forward to 3.0 patch notes.
    Saw the 3.0 patch notes and can you explain the new raid event in a bit more detail...its very vague.
  • OtriumOtrium Posts: 91
    Guys- MORE MASTERIES are in the game such as double edge and much more but I guess they don't plan to release them yet- but as I said masteries are coming and here they are- so this means my videos and all information I post is true and legit-so may some of you please stop with the hate posts or calling me a loser or troll:)
    Lol... be careful man. Some people rather be surprised, and kabam hasn't given an official response if you can post future content or not, to my knowledge.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Oh no
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Yeah @Totherkins 99% they will applied to all game mods.100% sure on quest,alliance mission and arena.
    Seems that they are good for starting but i thought of some more basic mastery.which could be really game changer increasing attack and health really better but still something is missing in utility neither of them can be seems to be better in utility.we can increase attack and health through boost and better boost although they are expensive to be buy from energon but easily foundable in alliance crystal. for starting there should be better utility mastery.i hope nxt time more basic and better utility mastery should be focused.as stated in thread its not ending its starting so just a suggestion nxt time utility mastery should be focused which we Player need more then attack or health ;)
  • edited August 2017
    Totherkins wrote: »
    What game modes will masteries be available?My main question is will they be utilized for our base defense? Other than that informative, read look forward to 3.0 patch notes.

Thank you for pointing out our omission! I'll edit the original post because there is an important note that disappeared from our post: There is currently a bug that causes Commander Masteries to not function for Raid Attack or Defense, but this will be fixed with a patch that will release very shortly after 3.0.

Unless stated by the Mastery, they will be available in all of the game's modes! There are some masteries that specifically say that they are only effective in certain modes, like Alliance Missions. So yes! They will affect Raid Defense after the fix patch is out!
  • Spidey076 wrote: »
    Yeah @Totherkins 99% they will applied to all game mods.100% sure on quest,alliance mission and arena.
    Seems that they are good for starting but i thought of some more basic mastery.which could be really game changer increasing attack and health really better but still something is missing in utility neither of them can be seems to be better in utility.we can increase attack and health through boost and better boost although they are expensive to be buy from energon but easily foundable in alliance crystal. for starting there should be better utility mastery.i hope nxt time more basic and better utility mastery should be focused.as stated in thread its not ending its starting so just a suggestion nxt time utility mastery should be focused which we Player need more then attack or health ;)

There are definitely more Masteries coming, and some aren't even that far off! You'll be able to see more In Game after you update tomorrow, and some of them will even include a launch date for them :tongue:
    edited August 2017
    Well that's good so can i confirm that as the masteries named on that thread are not all and there will be more than meet the eye we will going to see tomorrow?
  • Spidey076 wrote: »
    Well that's good so can i confirm that as the masteries named on that thread are not all and there will be more than meet the eye we will going to see tomorrow?

Some might say that!
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    Since this is a new feature and many will most likely want to play around with some of these to see how well they work - will there be any period of time that the cost of activating the mastery will be free? I understand that resetting your masteries does not cost anything, but from the patch notes, it looks like there will be a charge of gold or energon to activate masteries.

It would be nice, since this is a brand new feature, and because its possible that there will be bugs associated with it (as you pointed out, there is already a bug with them that should be fixed shortly after this patch is released), for a short grace period of time for people to really pick and test out the new system without having to spend gold/energon. Even 1 week of free mastery resets and activations would be very helpful.
  • Stitch626 wrote: »
    Since this is a new feature and many will most likely want to play around with some of these to see how well they work - will there be any period of time that the cost of activating the mastery will be free? I understand that resetting your masteries does not cost anything, but from the patch notes, it looks like there will be a charge of gold or energon to activate masteries.

It would be nice, since this is a brand new feature, and because its possible that there will be bugs associated with it (as you pointed out, there is already a bug with them that should be fixed shortly after this patch is released), for a short grace period of time for people to really pick and test out the new system without having to spend gold/energon. Even 1 week of free mastery resets and activations would be very helpful.

There will not be, but we do have some events planned that will help get Commanders more acquainted with Masteries, but no Spoilers!
    some event planned that sounds good will it start after updating to v3.0 or have to wait for these event to come out?
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    From a contest player and now mainly this game, i was happy with this game having no masteries. Now its coming, so my question is can we get a loadout system so we can customize them for different game types (AM, Arena, etc) that would be the best part of it. So have like 3-5 loadouts and beable to set them to the game mode. At least then you can have them bonuses made for your play style in each game mode and make the masteries a more enjoyable feature
    edited August 2017
    SteelSH wrote: »
    From a contest player and now mainly this game, i was happy with this game having no masteries. Now its coming, so my question is can we get a loadout system so we can customize them for different game types (AM, Arena, etc) that would be the best part of it. So have like 3-5 loadouts and beable to set them to the game mode. At least then you can have them bonuses made for your play style in each game mode and make the masteries a more enjoyable feature

I dont think that will be possible and will not done. first its tough to do that the cause mastery screen will be for universal event,saying for loadout system will make it to change the format of it.second it will give unfair advantage to players and third it already mentioned in thread that these masteries can be less useful on some part and more useful on many parts.so i dont think that request will be proceed but anyway every player is free to give suggestion and i like that suggestion too.
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    I know and it was never added in contest either but never hurts to suggest
  • How much advantage are the big money players going to have with this? Compared to the rest of us
  • Hey Everybody,

We have a pretty important update on Commander Masteries and Raids. We had initially thought that we would be able to have a fix ready and out within a day or 2 of the release of 3.0, but that doesn't seem like it's going to be the case. At this time, we're going to focus on getting them fixed correctly, but do not have an estimate of when they will be fixed.

So, to repeat: At launch, Commander Masteries will NOT have any effect on Raid Attack, or Defense.
    Nitrozilla wrote: »
    How much advantage are the big money players going to have with this? Compared to the rest of us

Well for big money Spender it will significantly increase thier performance as they will be able to unlock expensive masteries soon they will able to complete higher lvl am and raid quickly although many big money Player already have strong bots like r4 4* it is not going to effect in special mission but definitely effect in am.
    Increasing critical rating and damage will be pretty much intense for some bots who rely on them like ironhide special attack and windblade sword attack im sure they will do pretty much damage then before when unlocking them.
  • Just an idea. Can you call them technologies and not masteries? Masteries is so MCOC.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited August 2017
    There will not be, but we do have some events planned that will help get Commanders more acquainted with Masteries, but no Spoilers![/color]

Im just saying - I hope you guys are ready for a lot of potential complaints regarding this. You are about to release content that you yourself are admitting is already bugged and will take "days" to fix. And in general, the track record for patch releases has not been stellar so far with their commonly being things omitted from the patch notes only to be found by confused players later on. Who knows what other bugs or issues there may be with masteries when you release the already bugged patch tomorrow?

Giving the players you are implementing this new system onto a short grace period where they can really test out these new features and not be upset about spending their resources, will only help this system become better. After the grace period is over, reset the mastery points for everyone and then they will still have to spend resources to get them permanently - but at least now people will know how well they work and what they want to invest in.

Edit - I also agree with calling them anything other than "Masteries". Masteries is specific to MCOC and you guys should try and create your own identity when it comes to these things.

Technologies, System Upgrades, or even Circuit Board would be a better name and be more fitting for the game, IMO.
  • Just an idea. Can you call them technologies and not masteries? Masteries is so MCOC.

Masteries is a term used by lots of different games actually! MCOC was not the first to use it either, and tends to just refer to similar systems across many different genres and platforms.
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Will one of the masteries be parry?
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    As long as Mystic Dispersion is not ported over to Transformers in any way, shape or form then im excited. Mystic Dispersion was the single worst thing to be added to MCOC since Item Caps
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited August 2017
    Is there any Arena change in the future?
  • KingChris2 wrote: »

Wrong spot for this kiddo
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    BigSquirt wrote: »
    KingChris2 wrote: »

Wrong spot for this kiddo

I am thanks kiddo. :D
  • I don't disagree Mike but doesn't technology go better with the Transformers theme? ;)
    For the gunslinger and counterpunch attack buff can they stack or can you only have one of them per next attack.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2017
    Nm I was corrected by more testing