Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Unfair crystals

So, a lot of this is my fault for spending money, however, the last MANY times I have spent energon on crystals, i have not received above a two star bot at best. Is anyone else getting ripped off by these "random" selections, or is it just me?!?! This really grinds my gears when I spend money to maybe increase my chance of getting an awesome bot, just to end up getting one I could've earned!!! Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here! Got it!! Will not be spending anymore of MY money! I really think there should be a better result when you are spending your energon to buy crystals, whether you bought the energon or earned it through hours of gameplay!

Comments

• Options
    Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    If you want awesome bots grind for crystal shards. Drop rates have always been crap when it comes to featured crystals and PBCs and they always will be crap. So it's a smart move on your part to not spend anymore money.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Buying pbc or features doesn't increase chances period and you can earn shards for free as stated or earn energon and spend for crystals so yes it's like playing lottery don't expect to win often
  • Options
    Do you also get really upset when you buy a lottery ticket and dont win?

This is, essentially, the same thing.
  • Options
    Other games have a safety net(Injustice 2) we're if you're spending money you will get something good after 3 tries. That way you not blowing money for nothing
  • Options
    Honestly, Injustice 2 needs that safety net to make up for horrendous gameplay that isn't fit to share a hard drive with Kabam software.
    I do kinda wish Kabam would at least publish drop rates though. I don't care if they're terrible, I would just like to know.
  • Options
    What seems unfair is saving up shards for a third 4* crystal, and duping the same bot that I received the last 2 crystals in a row.
    On the upside, my Grindor is more powerful, but I was hoping to add to the 2 4* I already have.
    I know it's supposed to be random, but what are the odds of getting the same bot in a 4* crystal 3 times in a row.
  • Options
    OP7842 wrote: »
    What seems unfair is saving up shards for a third 4* crystal, and duping the same bot that I received the last 2 crystals in a row.
    On the upside, my Grindor is more powerful, but I was hoping to add to the 2 4* I already have.
    I know it's supposed to be random, but what are the odds of getting the same bot in a 4* crystal 3 times in a row.

Very low I would say. Considering that 4* acquisitions are very low also.
  • Options
    I learned my lesson playing marvel contest buying crystals and dont buy them although i did buy 10 one time on here and got a 4* og prime so wasnt bad but usually get 2* maybe a 3* here and there it is about luck
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited September 2017
    I wont ever buy just the normal Premium Crystals as the chances for a 2* are very high, and after you have been playing the game for a couple of weeks or so, your roster should be large enough to do basic missions and arena.

I will, however, sometimes purchase the bundles of Featured Crystals like the one that was offered recently for the 10 Grimlock Crystals + 5 Gold Crystals for 1000 energon. I have had pretty good luck when buying those bunches of crystals to at least get a few 3* dupes, as well as a 3* feature. I have purchased both the Waspinator and Grimlock crystal bundles, and have gotten a 3* version of each from those bunches.

The way I see it, energon currently doesnt have a whole bunch of uses other than to buy repair kits or restore energy for raids and such. So I like to save up all the energon I earn from arenas and missions and use it to buy things like that. Even if I got all 2*s, I would not be spending anymore for those crystals than if I were just buying the normal premium ones, and I have an increased CHANCE to get the featured bot in some form.

You will see very few offers from Kabam on a guaranteed 3* or 4* bot that you can get through energon that would be considered cheap. I think I have seen an offer before for a single 3* crystal + some pots for 700 energon. Thats a good deal if you need a 3*, not a great deal if you already have a good amount of them - and the best you can get from that deal is 1 random 3* bot. In the 10 Grimlock crystal bunch I got the other day, I got 3 dupes for 3* bots I already had, 1 3* Grimlock, and the rest were 2*'s.

Again though, its ALL luck based. I easily could have gotten all 2*s when I made that purchase and I accepted that fact before I purchased it. I did not buy it expecting to receive anything other than 2*s. That should always be your mentality when opening any of those types of crystals.
  • Options
    Agree 100% with stitch.