Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New Sidestep Animations?

Greetings all, Bumblebee here! Just a thought that I've been contemplating about: does Kabam have any plans to integrate different sidestep animations into the game? I think it'd be quite exquisite (for instance) to have Bumblebee doing some of his signature flips/barrel rolls in an attempt to evade the enemy.

Again, just an idea. Please, let me know your thoughts down below! :smile:
Tagged:

Comments

• Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249
    Agree. Although more animations would make the game kinda laggy more than it is currently.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Agree. Although more animations would make the game kinda laggy more than it is currently.

This never occurred to me, good point! Optimization is definitely a key priority for the folks over at Kabam.
  • Arcee_1321Arcee_1321 Posts: 21
    edited April 2017
    Not necessarily true on the laggy part. That's more of a netcode issue, and pre-rendered animations are not very intensive on your hardware at all.

Personally, I'd like to see different win poses than the same weird backflips which are grossly out of character for the likes of Arcee and a few others.
    Arcee_1321 wrote: »
    Not necessarily true on the laggy part. That's more of a netcode issue, and pre-rendered animations are not very intensive on your hardware at all.

Personally, I'd like to see different win poses than the same weird backflips which are grossly out of character for the likes of Arcee and a few others.

I'm a bit naïve when it comes to the technical side of things. Diverse set of win poses would be an excellent addition!
    I'd like to see new intro posses. I'm Act 1 Ch 3 and IDK if you start to see more variety on intro poses as you progress into the game or if it's dependant of your bot's star-rate or something. But it's kinda boring to see the same intro pose with your bot running and CPU bot transforming from their alt-form
    I'd like to see new intro posses. I'm Act 1 Ch 3 and IDK if you start to see more variety on intro poses as you progress into the game or if it's dependant of your bot's star-rate or something. But it's kinda boring to see the same intro pose with your bot running and CPU bot transforming from their alt-form

Personally, this doesn't matter to me as much. Although, I can imagine Mirage teleporting into battle or Ironhide blasting the surface beneath him (as seen in the first film) as he engages into the fight. Needless to say, it'd be cool to see!
  • Neat ideas! Thanks for the suggestions! I don't know if this is in the plans, or something that could be done without adding too much additional space to game files or graphics. I'll be sure the right people see the suggestions though.

Any other ideas on some additional move sets, or animations you'd like to see?
    edited April 2017
    Neat ideas! Thanks for the suggestions! I don't know if this is in the plans, or something that could be done without adding too much additional space to game files or graphics. I'll be sure the right people see the suggestions though.

Any other ideas on some additional move sets, or animations you'd like to see?

Thanks for stopping by! Along these lines, I think it'd be nice to enable the player to have the option to cycle between both robot and vehicle forms when venturing the 3D-environments. It is a Transformers game after all ;).

Although a little off-topic, another suggestion would be to perhaps rectify the black panels that run down Bumblebee's helmet (yes I know, more 'Bee :#), which should be yellow. Just a minor nitpick of mine :)
    Thanls for stopping by, Tenebrous. Aside the side dodging animation and more variaty for intros during the fight, I like Bee's idea about a chance to transform to alt-mode on the maps, at least on finished quests I"d be a great idea to bypass some opponents and perhaps making farming methods easier.

If you'd like to implement the vehicle mode idea for the maps, perhaps you could elevate a little energy consuption so it won't become an abusive method for farming and such. For example, during vehicle mode energy cost 1.5 or 2 per node.
    This has just occurred to me. As Arcee said above, I'd like to see more unique victory posses for characters. For example Bludgeon and Windblade have almost identical win posses, but only those two characters have said win pose, which make them unique and stand above other bots on that term.

Also, like Bee said above, both Scout Bee and BayBee have this unique acrobatic fighting style. I'd be cool to implement Bee's idea about the sidesteps with Sideswipe and Mirage too, since they're oriented to that acrobatic fight style as well.

Lastly, this hasn't anything to do with animations but I thinl I'd be a cool adition. During quest which maps are very big, I suggest to add a mini map or an aerial view option to help players remember the paths they left missing to achieve 100% exploration easier.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146

Lastly, this hasn't anything to do with animations but I thinl I'd be a cool adition. During quest which maps are very big, I suggest to add a mini map or an aerial view option to help players remember the paths they left missing to achieve 100% exploration easier.

This gets better as beta we all asked same early on but once you realize the 3 different path arrows it's pretty simple

Bold almost solid line is already covered
    Thin almost solid means unexplored paths lead off of it
    Dash line means completely unexplored
    Mustangjon wrote: »

This gets better as beta we all asked same early on but once you realize the 3 different path arrows it's pretty simple

Bold almost solid line is already covered
    Thin almost solid means unexplored paths lead off of it
    Dash line means completely unexplored

Guess you're right.

Anyway, I have fought a Grimlock and a Motormaster at the Arenas recently and both of them have a Bludgeon victory pose, which it's kinda off for me. If you can pass it to the dev team, Tenebrous, I'd love if they could change victory pose for Grimlock and Motormaster to a more "I have the power" motif, since both of them wield broadswords instead of Bludgeon who wields a katana,