Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I hate raids now

2»

Comments

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited September 2017
    Bring back crystals
    Mustangjon wrote: »

When players complain and ask for change be a bit more constructive and offer solutions not just say waaaah we can't afford top 5 crystals in event, now everyone is suddenly content with getting only 5 and not able to obtain the top 5 crystals. As it was.

Again, you seem to think that a handful of players who spend nearly $0 on the game is what caused Kabam to make this change. Thats insane.

The complaints about the old system were about having items in the game that were either unobtainable or undesirable by the vast majority of players - namely, any of the crystals you could buy with raid chips after the 5th one. There was NEVER a suggestion from any player to implement the system they have now. Changes like this also take weeks to implement as it has to go through at least some testing process and final approval.

Everyone was ALWAYS content with the first 5 crystals. You seem to be content with the fact there were 5 additional crystals after those which cost so much, no one was even going for them. So why have them in the game? If Kabam came out and reduced the number of crystals you could obtain from 10 to 5, but kept the costs the same, I think there would be far less complaining. Kabam has already removed items from the game that were in originally but at such a high raid chip cost, that there was little to zero interest from the players to obtain it. I guess, them removing that was the players fault as well?

This move from Kabam has nothing to do with a half dozen free players complaining about the prior system. To think so is just ignorant. Kabam implemented this system as a way to entice people to buy energon to raid more to get the 3* feature bot in raids. Thats it. From Kabams standpoint, its much more profitable for a player to work towards a guaranteed 3*, than for the player to raid a few times to get 5 crystals and potentially get a "free" 3* or 4* from that.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    @Manthro Find me any post suggesting anything even close to what Kabam implemented. If anything, the change they made makes getting a featured bot even less accessible than before.

You seem to think that as long as the "system" works well for you, then no one else should voice their opinions on the matter. The fact of the matter is, there was an issue with the costs Kabam put for the Featured Crystals once you got past crystal 5 or so. So much so, that I have a hard time believing that ANYONE (including big spending whales) were buying all 10 available raid crystals. The complaints were NEVER about the crystals themselves, or how they worked. The complaints were on having something in the game that no one was interested in obtaining.

Stop your pity party of trying to blame others for voicing their opinions on game mechanics for Kabams actions. You think a handful of players who probably spend little to no money on this game is what made Kabam change the entire system? Use your head. Their new system forces (most) players to spend energon in order to get the 3* bot. The old system didnt because people could obtain at least a handful of crystals with minimal raiding. Getting people to spend Energon = $$$$ for Kabam.

Based on your logic, people should not voice their opinions on anything, because if Kabam changes something, then its clearly the fault of the players. Maybe, just maybe, the fault here lies with Kabam and their desire to squeeze cash out of people any way they can.

Ok, so...

I never said anyone complained about the feature crystals other than the scaling of the raid chip cost of them, so we are arguing about the same thing, dunno what you're on about.

Go read my post again.

All I'm saying is careful what you wish for. Kabam will listen to player suggestions, but they tend to implement in way that is not favourable to players. As you said, they made the feature 3* bot even less accessible, which I am also saying.

So, both the changes were technically based off player input but they were implemented in a way that reduced free access to items in the game, which no player on here wants, obviously!

It was just Kabams way of taking suggestions and fitting them into their long term plan.

Again I say to the community, careful what you wish for. Both those changes in the raid store were born out of player criticism and ideas.

A business will never increase the amount of free stuff it kicks back to their customers. There is always a sacrifice to be made when something is changed.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited September 2017
    Bring back crystals
    "Be careful what you wish for"??

What does that even mean? Be careful about making any suggestions to how the game is currently or else Kabam might change something in some way that might not have anything to do with what you suggested or were originally complaining about?

No one who was complaining about the cost of the crystals past 5 ever suggested a system that is even close to what they implemented. So the "be careful what you wish for" comment makes no sense to me.

I fully believe that the 2 threads with a dozen or so players complaining about the previous system had ZERO impact on them implementing this change. They looked at their numbers and looked at way to increase people wanting to spend energon. People were not spending energon in raids because there was very little motivation to do so as you could earn the first 5 crystals with minimal effort. With this change, it has the chance of increasing the amount of energon players will spend on raids trying to get the 3* feature.

I just cant even understand how you believe that the minimal amount of player criticism over the last system is what caused Kabam to make this change. This game has thousands of players, and there were less than a dozen complaining on the forums about it. The fact is, Kabam looked at their numbers and made the change hoping to make more money. This change was not "born out of player criticism and ideas" as NO PLAYER ever suggest a system even close to what was implemented. This change was born out of Kabam being a business and wanting to try to make more money. Thats it.
    Lol.

No player suggested any kind of system other than an unrealistically easy way to get 10 feature chips, except for Trailfire.

Players provided information for what they were unhappy with in the previous system.

Players also provided the idea of a direct purchase 3* bot, but no criteria for how to get it.

Kabam took those two unrelated things and used them made a change they wanted to make for a while.

That is truth. To think otherwise is naive.
  • Bring back crystals
    Hey Commanders!

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions on Raids! Although we do appreciate the discussion at hand, it is slowly derailing and becoming non-constructive. Please make sure to remember to stay constructive and on topic as we are looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Hey, please back to the main topic, Kabam Rimehaven has made a first warning, otherwise the discussion will closed
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited September 2017
    Jon, if you go back to the thread that's referred to where the complaints happened, you'll see there were many thoughtful, detailed and constructive comments
  • Bring back crystals
    @ "Kabam Rimehaven" , The problem is the cost to purchase 3*. You need to raid the entire week and the reward isn't worth that.

@ "Kabam Miike" please bring back Featured Crystals in Raid Store. You can even see most of people are hating Raids now for that and only around 10% of the people in this Poll voted to stay the way it is. "This Poll is not getting constructive"? For this game is not getting constructive, too!

#BringBackFeaturedCrystalsInRaidStore
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Lol.

No player suggested any kind of system other than an unrealistically easy way to get 10 feature chips, except for Trailfire.

Players provided information for what they were unhappy with in the previous system.

Players also provided the idea of a direct purchase 3* bot, but no criteria for how to get it.

Kabam took those two unrelated things and used them made a change they wanted to make for a while.

That is truth. To think otherwise is naive.

I didn't think I was overly unrealistic......bacon!
    It's true. If we could buy bacon in the raid store, it would solve all problems.

Bacon is always the answer.
  • Bring back crystals
    Manthro wrote: »
    It's true. If we could buy bacon in the raid store, it would solve all problems.

You now in Plant vs Zombies original, you can buy bacons on the shop.
    The bacon are useless, you buy and nothing will happened, just consume your coins.
    So...
    #BringBackFeaturedCrystalsOnRaidStore
  • Manthro wrote: »

You now in Plant vs Zombies original, you can buy bacons on the shop.
    The bacon are useless, you buy and nothing will happened, just consume your coins.
    So...
    #BringBackFeaturedCrystalsOnRaidStore

That sounds great, I could do something with the thousands of left over character chips I have :)
  • Bring back crystals
    So guys use your left over character chips to buy a bacon.
    Bacon calms your stress.
    Bacon solves your problems
    Bacon is....Bacon
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    needs to have a bacon mod.
  • Bring back crystals
    But then bacon will cost 50,000 bacon chips, and you'll only have a week to get them, with 10 bacon chips per raid
  • Bring back crystals
    And if you lose a raid your bacon chips is stolen.....by the game!
  • Bring back crystals
    Getting the 3* is an absolute grind, even for someone who raids on a regular basis can't even get 3/4 to 10k chips. And is also sad you can't dupe the 2*.. Why?
  • Bring back crystals
    Raids have gotten a little better since 3.1 came out, but they're still my least favorite part of the game. I get my alphas and I'm done, and if there's a bot on offer then I'm content with the 2*
  • Bring back crystals
    You can have a bacon masteries that let you drop more bacons in raiding. After that...Bacon Party!
  • Hey Commanders,

Although we do appreciate everyone's love of bacon, I doubt bacon relates to the topic at hand. I'll be closing the thread due to the continued non-constructive discussion regarding bacon.
This discussion has been closed.