Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

October Update Discussion Thread

edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Hey All,

We've just announced a HUGE update coming to the game in early October! Please take a moment to read over the news, and then come here to discuss the changes, and ask any questions. Head over to the Announcement here!

We'll be updating this first post with FAQs as we go!

FAQ

What are the Regions of Arenas?
North and South America, Europe and Africa, Asia and Australia and New Zealand and Oceania
Tagged:

Comments

• There is a lot to digest, but in the interest of bringing this up ASAP... is there any possibility of changing the days that AM rotates on?

I can't speak for every single alliance, but I've been involved in a number of alliances, and weekends are always a bit of a lull compared to the weekdays. People seem to tend to want to spend time with their families on the weekend and not be tied up with AM. Having the 3 days off right in the middle of the week when people are bored and want something to do makes no sense to me.

Rotation was ok before because some weeks you would have the whole weekend off from AM and if you were a person that liked playing AM on the weekends, that happened sometimes too.

If I were really looking to fix the problem, I would just make changes to the way treasury reset works to line up directly with the AM week, but given that I think that would be a longer design change, I'm asking if there is anything that can be done with the schedule being locked in to having AM every weekend instead.
  • "Also! You’ll now only be competing against Commanders in your own Region in Arenas!"

Can you please shed some more light on this. Is this split through countries or how long you have played in the game?
  • We can definitely take a look into that! I'll talk to the team and see if they had any reason on choosing the Thursday-Sunday schedule.
  • We can definitely take a look into that! I'll talk to the team and see if they had any reason on choosing the Thursday-Sunday schedule.

Would very much appreciate it. I think the nature of this game tends to create frustration with families as we all disappear off to get our moves in in AM. At least in my own experiences, the weekend tends to exacerbate that situation.
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    "Also! You’ll now only be competing against Commanders in your own Region in Arenas!"

Can you please shed some more light on this. Is this split through countries or how long you have played in the game?

Regions aren't countries, but much bigger expanses. Currently, there are only 3 Regions, but this might change in the future.

They are: The Americas, Europe and Africa, Asia and Australia/New Zealand/Oceania.
  • Will we get a chance to dupe the featured bot? Says 1 time purchase only- do not sure if we can dupe the bot with chips.
  • What about AM costs and rewards with 4 day vs 5? @Kabam Miike
  • Why was AM start time moved up 12 hours? From 8pm to 8am is gonna suck for mostly NA alliances that can't clear AM in 16 hours because then were gonna be up in the middle of the night finishing the map
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    What does this mean for the following:

Crystal Bounty arena?
    Alliance events like Raid Ascent (is it still a thing?). Will there be alliance rankings in Alliance events that will allow our alliances to earn featured bot chips and/or spark essences?
  • That changes are quite better but few thing i want to understand
    1.one bot per month
    Although these changes are awesome but one bot per month mean we all players waiting for our favorite bot like transformer prime version resurrected prime/Megatron/arcee/bulkhead so 12 bot per year is much longer from now on.
    2.what is raid arena?
    3.i read in raid part it says on raid focus days we can earn feature chips means we can't get feature chip everyday from raid?
    Although no1 point is what about im really sad :(
    Except that these changes are awesome.
    That solution would be better if 2 bots released per Month and if we able to collect 100000 chip we can only able to buy one of available 2 bots.like grindor and barricade are bots feature on one month then we can either buy only grindor or barricade from those feature chips. One bot per month is my only concern.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah that was my concern too. Dedicating the whole 30 days to one bot seems risky. What if we don't want the bot? Is there an option to convert the featured chips to 4 star shards so we can take a gamble on getting a different bot?
  • I like most of these changes the shorter AM time, daily arenas and the base changes.

Guess I should start looking for a new Alliance home now.
  • Could this be tested a couple times before release for a change. Can only imagine how many bugs there will be. Still waiting for all the rendering bugs to be fixed from the last update. Most company's test before releases. Seems like a good idea to me. Might be crazy though
  • Toughnut wrote: »
    Will we get a chance to dupe the featured bot? Says 1 time purchase only- do not sure if we can dupe the bot with chips.

Not from Featured Bot Chips, but you'll still be able to get them from the Featured Bot Crystal, and then again when they are added to the regular Crystals.
  • Chad218 wrote: »
    What about AM costs and rewards with 4 day vs 5? @Kabam Miike

Since Alliance Mission Map costs are already on a daily basis, that will not be changing. The points required for each Milestone is being reduced to match the fewer days, but we haven't made any adjustments to the Alliance Mission Rewards yet!

It is due for another shakeup soon though, so there might be a change then!
  • Okay thanks.
  • Also, we will now need more gold than ever. With more rank ups materials coming/ more bots, we will need a whole bunch of gold. And gold is scarce as it is already. Any plans to add any gold events?
  • Toughnut wrote: »
    Also, we will now need more gold than ever. With more rank ups materials coming/ more bots, we will need a whole bunch of gold. And gold is scarce as it is already. Any plans to add any gold events?

Good point! This is one of the main reasons why I couldn't hang with my group the gold costs were too much there was never any left for bot upgrades.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The days chosen for AM are a little strange. I think people like having weekends off from the game overall.

I would suggest Sunday - Wednesday or Mon-Thu for AM days.

Better QoL
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited September 2017
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Why was AM start time moved up 12 hours? From 8pm to 8am is gonna suck for mostly NA alliances that can't clear AM in 16 hours because then were gonna be up in the middle of the night finishing the map

Yeah, this one got past me on the first read. I read it as only moving up 1 hour. Were there so many complaints about the existing start time to change it a whole 13 hours? All concerns aside about how it would affect me personally, I'm mostly just questioning why there is such a massive time change.

Grouping people for good timing is already enough of a headache... curious what the reasoning was here.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    What does this mean for the following:

Crystal Bounty arena?
    Alliance events like Raid Ascent (is it still a thing?). Will there be alliance rankings in Alliance events that will allow our alliances to earn featured bot chips and/or spark essences?

The Crystal Bounty Arena still exists, and is 24 hour long as well. Currently, there are 3 of those per week (when there isn't a Featured Bot Chip Arena happening).

Raid Ascent will still be around, but will only be available during the Raid Event Week.

There will not be Rank rewards in Alliance Events that award extra Bot Chips. Though this may change in the future!
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    how about finally moving the auto attack button from where the thumbs are active? that thing is a huge sabotage. please move it up.
  • Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Why was AM start time moved up 12 hours? From 8pm to 8am is gonna suck for mostly NA alliances that can't clear AM in 16 hours because then were gonna be up in the middle of the night finishing the map

We made this decision based on when we see the most activity in the game, so that we could make it convenient for the most amount of players. Obviously, this will never work for everybody, but we'll keep an eye on it!
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    @Kabam Miike Since the last level increase was late June early July and with it almost being October, any discussion with the team about raising the Level Cap to 55? A lot of players are at 50 or very close.

Yes, I'm very persistent ;)
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited September 2017
    Bigbowlr wrote: »

We made this decision based on when we see the most activity in the game, so that we could make it convenient for the most amount of players. Obviously, this will never work for everybody, but we'll keep an eye on it!

I think the team needs to consider that sleep time = energy replenish time.

The way they are laying it out now, the majority of players will be staring at 0/5 energy all day now.

Used to be, the majority of the players could go in and use their energy, make some more moves, then everyone goes to sleep and wake up and we can easily coordinate a big jolt of moves at once while everyone is on together with 5/5 energy.

As soon as people are working off 1 energy every hour, coordination starts to break down as people don't come back exactly when that energy ticks. It just makes for a less smooth AM for the "majority".

I fall in to that "majority" as far as timing that I'm online, and so now AM is running from wake to sleep, and there is no "regen time".
  • So what bots will be available in raids?¿
  • Its gonna b Galvatron next @XBOXELITE
  • Only competing in your own region? What does that mean specifically?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited September 2017
    We can definitely take a look into that! I'll talk to the team and see if they had any reason on choosing the Thursday-Sunday schedule.

On that same thought process, can you guys look into switching up the crystal Arenas from the weekend with say the mod arena and raid arena? Mod arena was always a nice optional one, basically an arena break day for a lot of people. Would be nice to have that on the weekend.

Crystal arena has always been a popular one and would be nice not to have it on the weekend where a lot of people have other things to do or trips, etc.

• I stopped playing Raids because I collected a lot of Raid Chips from Away Missions and they kept getting stolen. I didn't think that was right. So what are my options if I have to play raids again or else?